SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Ah, nurses. In every accident department there is at least one really tough staff nurse. In the hospital in which I worked she was called Edna. One Friday night a youth came in, pulled a knife and started making threats. The police were called, but were reluctant to tackle him. Edna returned from treating a patient, declaimed, 'I'm not having this,' strode up to the youth and shouted 'Don't be so stupid. Give me that right now.' To everybody's surprise he did so and was meekly taken into custody.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Apparently there is a film on one of the satellite channels today called 'Sgt. Stubby'.

Blummin' cheek!

Quite. How dare they. Everyone knows you are Brigadier Stubbersley-Stubbington.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Are any of you get the phone call telling you that the email internet will be cut off press one to speak etc ,the voice sounds like Horace Batchelor .

Several messages have been left on my answerphone,  it says to press 1, which I do, nothing happens though. The landlord of the local, had one a while back, he doesn't have a clue when it comes to tech and he got the part time barman to talk to them,  after about an hour whoever was on the other end got fed up and hung up,  a very entertaining afternoon.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Are any of you get the phone call telling you that the email internet will be cut off press one to speak etc ,the voice sounds like Horace Batchelor .

Several messages have been left on my answerphone,  it says to press 1, which I do, nothing happens though. The landlord of the local, had one a while back, he doesn't have a clue when it comes to tech and he got the part time barman to talk to them,  after about an hour whoever was on the other end got fed up and hung up,  a very entertaining afternoon.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, lmsforever said:

• Informative/Useful 1

40 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Have you got an itchy posting finger? Three copies of the same post or is RMWeb being its usual carp self again

Tim T

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, timbowilts said:

Have you got an itchy posting finger? Three copies of the same post or is RMWeb being its usual carp self again

Tim T

The latter, posted it, said it was saving and nothing happened,  repeat and get fed up and move on to next topic.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well there was chaos at 36E this afternoon/evening. A Hull Trains unit had fallen to bits at Bawtry on the Up (few miles north if 36E) and blocked the Up main. Everything came to a grinding halt and stuff got stopped on the down as well  as the Up whilst the Unit was being rescued in some way and towed to Donny. Then some pillock severed a wire north of Donny (wasn't me) so nowt could go that way. Tornado was 48 minutes late out of Scarborough an eventually passed Retford at about 19.47. I had gone out and come back home twice and then realised it had not been diverted down to Nottingham and whizzed back to the Station and lo it stormed past about an hour and a half late. I had to abandon a Pizza I the oven but hadn't consumed all the wine so I was OK. On return home the Pizza was perfect in a turned off oven and the wine was nicely warmed. Cheers. Would never have been so chaotic in steam days.

Ar$£

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Back to proper stuff now. My lovely, new modified Spam will need to go to Hornynbee to be mendicated as when I took it to bits it was the axle gear that was fuc#ed and I ain't taking all that stuff to bits; that is the whole of the gear and wheelsets to be dismantled and the gear replaced on the centre driver axle.

B0110cks is the word to use about that.

Next, I have a lovely little Terrier that a cherished mate passed to me. It was run in this pm and is sitting ready to receive its' chip when I am sober.

I also added some infrastructure to the Incline area this pm, ready to accept the next tray of scenery. I really will post some pics of this procedure in the future as it could be unusual and of some interest. 

Elsewhere on the Forum I have discovered a great excuse for a W to be employed up The Junction, as well as real service trains operated by Standard 80xxx Tanks.

All in all a productive day between storms and half an hour on the Bowls Rink.

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022
To correct drunk fingered spelloin
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

They couldn't run a wine tasting in a wine tasting place!

Well, I have a good friend that works in Donny Panel and I have to say that the staff in there did (and often do) a splendid job of rearrangement of the whole of the ECML services. Hull Trains will owe the other geezers loads of money in Compensation......poor sods and they are a jolly fine little Independent Company.

Parp

• Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Well there was chaos at 36E this afternoon/evening. A Hull Trains unit had fallen to bits at Bawtry on the Up (few miles north if 36E) and blocked the Up main. Everything came to a grinding halt and stuff got stopped on the down as well  as the Up whilst the Unit was being rescued in some way and towed to Donny. Then some pillock severed a wire north of Donny (wasn't me) so nowt could go that way. Tornado was 48 minutes late out of Scarborough an eventually passed Retford at about 19.47. I had gone out and come back home twice and then realised it had not been diverted down to Nottingham and whizzed back to the Station and lo it stormed past about an hour and a half late. I had to abandon a Pizza I the oven but hadn't consumed all the wine so I was OK. On return home the Pizza was perfect in a turned off oven and the wine was nicely warmed. Cheers. Would never have been so chaotic in steam days.

Ar$£

It be all them there wires!  T'would'nt 'ave 'appened in steam days me 'ansome.:mocking_mini:

Brian.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Well there was chaos at 36E this afternoon/evening. A Hull Trains unit had fallen to bits at Bawtry on the Up (few miles north if 36E) and blocked the Up main. Everything came to a grinding halt and stuff got stopped on the down as well  as the Up whilst the Unit was being rescued in some way and towed to Donny. Then some pillock severed a wire north of Donny (wasn't me) so nowt could go that way..........

Would never have been so chaotic in steam days.

Nah, just put a 9f with 50 wagons of coal up behind the broken thingy and it would soon have cleared the way.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
Typos
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Well, I have a good friend that works in Donny Panel and I have to say that the staff in there did (and often do) a splendid job of rearrangement of the whole of the ECML services. Hull Trains will owe the other geezers loads of money in Compensation......poor sods and they are a jolly fine little Independent Company.

Parp

I spent a convivial hour or so this afternoon sitting on the platform outside the York Tap sampling a few splendid ales and watching the trains go by, and was thinking to myself how smoothly everything seemed to be running (ECML and otherwise), being unaware of what you've described above!  I hadn't gone there particularly to see the Tornado train, and when I realised at about 5 o'clock that it had left Scarborough 48 late I decided to call it a day, as the environs were getting distinctly lively with York Races having just kicked out.  So apart from Tornado, they must have done a pretty good job of pulling things round.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, 31A said:

I spent a convivial hour or so this afternoon sitting on the platform outside the York Tap sampling a few splendid ales and watching the trains go by, and was thinking to myself how smoothly everything seemed to be running (ECML and otherwise), being unaware of what you've described above!  I hadn't gone there particularly to see the Tornado train, and when I realised at about 5 o'clock that it had left Scarborough 48 late I decided to call it a day, as the environs were getting distinctly lively with York Races having just kicked out.  So apart from Tornado, they must have done a pretty good job of pulling things round.

Hmm having just looked at National Rail Enquiries and Real Time Trains for York, perhaps I left at the right time - oh dear!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, 31A said:

How come so many people get pi$$ed at race meetings and then inflict their staggeringly (literally) crude behaviour on the innocents? Discuss!

P.S. I think a couple of them (female..... well sort of) may have rolled up in a taxi at 36E during the troubles, fell out of the taxi, staggered across the road and stumbled & zig zagged in a most dangerous way down towards platforms 3/4. May not have been from York, but they were dressed (undressed?) like they had been somewhere like the races.  Fortunately they were too far gone to be bothered with the huddled group of spotters waiting for Tornado (including me). I wonder of they made it to wherever they were heading ?

• RMweb Premium

Meanwhile, back up the Junction, on another thread I have been advised that 80xxx tanks and occasional Ws (on pick up freights to Yeovil), worked through SJ'n the early 60s and Hymeks were the regular loco's on one of the milks after '63.  

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Meanwhile, back up the Junction, on another thread I have been advised that 80xxx tanks and occasional Ws (on pick up freights to Yeovil), worked through SJ'n the early 60s and Hymeks were the regular loco's on one of the milks after '63.  

P

Now we are beginning to talk sense.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

How come so many people get pi$$ed at race meetings and then inflict their staggeringly (literally) crude behaviour on the innocents?

Apparently, it is the same at Cheltenham.

I say 'apparently', because I avoid the area like the plague during race week. It was bad enough travelling up to work in Bristol on a Voyager on race mornings and having to share the first class compartment with braying horsey toff types.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Apparently, it is the same at Cheltenham.

I say 'apparently', because I avoid the area like the plague during race week. It was bad enough travelling up to work in Bristol on a Voyager on race mornings and having to share the first class compartment with braying horsey toff types.

Ah CK. You may like to take a bow in that it be your ex 80xxx that will perform on wot I mentioned above.

On the ECML it is often Hen or Stag  crowds that infest up trains and they are already pi##ed before they get on half the time. Doh!

P

• Like 1