SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Lovely to see a proper Western layout back on track,  Ducky. 

Looking forward to catching up in April. 

Rob.  

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Good to see the thread back in action,

11 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I plan to edit it to remove my rubbish! As that will leave a couple of pages, dear readers will  hopefully not lose the will to live whilst trying to identify any trace of railway modelling.

Does that and the slight addition to the title mean that I can't spend all night talking carp on here and have to get on with some work in the railway room?

Eric

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Oh, that's tasty. Looks like it is running east from Meldon but not sure about that without checking the headcode. Just the sort of train I will be running occasionally. 

Many thanks and to all of you for your such kind and humorous communications.

P

Disc Code. Ballast trains to Meldon Quarry from Exeter Central and stations west thereof

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Disc Code. Ballast trains to Meldon Quarry from Exeter Central and stations west thereof

I always assumed it was coming down from Meldon, just before Oakhampton Station. It’s a nice walk up there from  the station, they do a reasonable cup of tea when you get back.

Rich

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/04/2015 at 15:45, teaky said:

Indeed, it seems S15s werethe norm.

However...

:) http://svsfilm.com/nineelms/9f.htm :toclue:

That was the one of course. Caused me to buy a load of Dogfish, but they went off really quickly and the smell remains with me even today.

However, I have the loco but it isn't chipped yet, and I have most of the wagons. Most are not yet painted/repainted except for one.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 04/06/2015 at 09:23, bigwordsmith said:

Phil - I've never heard of slim rails - will check them ou

Re the brass kit bashing - I read Tony's article in BRM about brass and got the impresison the whole soldering thing can be a bit hard work, especially around door handles, grab handles, hinges and so on and getting them dead straight

How do you deal with it?

On the plumbing side has your plumber suggested a power flush? We had that done last year as part of our remodelling and it near doubled the efficiency of many of the rads. Some were so silted up they had to go, but it probably saved us 50% of the cost of replacing them.

Peter

Slimrails is Ex Chivers. Brass handles?

No ####### idea mate.

Throw kit out of window.

Flushed until the rads squealed and still clear as an unused ladygarden implement.

P

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 15/08/2015 at 12:01, Stubby47 said:

Why have baseboards at all ? Just provide a trackbed and leave the rest as open framed, only adding support for scenery or roadways where necessary.

B0ll0cks, wish I had read that post instead of sleeping.

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

image.png.8007d28597013d54b378439de7236ea4.png

Can anyone remember what SW was doing in my loft? Looks a bit like she has just finished wiring up for DCC bu I am not sure?

P

Don’t go up there again without a proximity detector and a flamethrower!

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, jcm@gwr said:

Although you could probably get away with a reed-switch and a static grass applicator!

Which immediately conjures up an image of an alien covered in static grass wondering what just happened.  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Well done, Mr Duck on your return to this much esteemed forum thread, may all your cans of spam go rusty. 

And please keep the entertainment, regardless of the level of bolleaux!

So good for the chap to discover who his friends are!

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

And mind you don't lose anything in the long grass

I think mowing has taken place...…………...

1035771512_images(34).jpg.bb945e31bf9ddc41e9de0e750adebb0b.jpg

I have forgotten what these E Set PP Conversions actually were as Diagrams. Can anyone remind me or are they too alien (see what I did there?)?

I think Mr Roxey Mouldy does them but I need to have info before I search his site or cobble up some story so that Clive can cut up some RTRs for me.

I don't think Lucy Worsley does these? 

ATB

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Forgot to say, the film The Train is on BBC 2 at 15.15. As rugby is a bit sweaty I intend to watch that and record the film.

I shall also return up The Junction later today to rewheel a couple more hoppers.

P

Well that was a ripping yarn!  Very moving actually; I haven't seen it for a while.  Thanks for the tip off.

• Agree 1