SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Meat sausages have to contain a certain percentage of meat. Can anyone tell me what is the minimum percentage of vegans in a vegan sausage?

I heard on the R4 programme, The Moral Maze, a discussion as to whether a sausage is only a sausage if it is made with meat. That ended in a frightful brawl between Giles Frazer and Michael Portillo and no consensus seemed to have been reached. Question Time are due to put that question to the test in a few weeks time and I predict mayhem over that one. Fortunately, there will be no 'how is your sausage filled' questions put to the PM next Wednesday in the House.

In respect to the above mentioned indecision and the yet to be put question, I believe that sausages should not be provided, however participants at the 'Party' can bring their sausage and show it off to anyone that is interested. I can take no responsibility for any problems that may arise from such behaviour.

Let that be an end to talk of sausages if you please.

Brat Wurst.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I have now consumed the two veggy burgers and they were absolutely superb. I couldn't tell the difference between them and actual meaty ones.

R. Mont Blanc

I've had a month now without red meat - mince has been replaced with soya (not quorn due to an intolerance), Linda mccartney sausages and some Aldi non meat quarter pounders.

For some reason I've also gone pretty much meat free on my lunches - next couple of days I've a couple of mixed bean salads in a mint dressing to consume.

I still like fish and chicken, that's staying.

Saving myself and the world - one meal at a time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, bigwordsmith said:

One should never mock the afflicted - they are more to be pitied than scorned 

Actually I do have a few meat-free meals each week. Tonight was pasta with a home made tomato and sautéed vegetable sauce followed by fresh fruit salad and natural yougurt.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

I've had a month now without red meat - mince has been replaced with soya (not quorn due to an intolerance), Linda mccartney sausages and some Aldi non meat quarter pounders.

For some reason I've also gone pretty much meat free on my lunches - next couple of days I've a couple of mixed bean salads in a mint dressing to consume.

I still like fish and chicken, that's staying.

Saving myself and the world - one meal at a time.

Well done that person. I very rarely eat red meats, but GF speciality Sausages made by my friendly Butcher and Chicken are sometimes consumed.....and is fish meat or flesh? I just love Fish Cakes because they sound like cake and Fingers because they make decent butties. I rarely eat Duck me duck and I find Turkey very dry, except in Curry.

I make a mean Quorn Chilli and Veg Curry that will blow your Cylinder Cocks to smithereens. However, I am ashamed to say that if I go on holiday in a Hotel then I am seriously naughty with the bacon at Breakfast.

I love most Vegetarian food, especially the spicy ones. I would find Veganism quite hard to cope with as I like eggs and the stuff mentioned above and I wear leather.

I love mixed nuts and Raisins (or Sultanas) and especially giant Dates, if anyone has any spare.

Aldi is a great place to try to find excellent products. It is like hunt the thimble (for younger readers that is a special piece of equipment used in sewing, not something said by someone with a lisp saying Cymbal). They do superb GF Chocolate but I am now seriously overweight so must not think about that substance that must not be mentioned. 

Iva Massivegut.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Actually I do have a few meat-free meals each week. Tonight was pasta with a home made tomato and sautéed vegetable sauce followed by fresh fruit salad and natural yougurt.

That sounds yummy. Have you tried Crème Fresh with suitable herbs and Sun Dried Toms, whizzed in your Pasta?

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

I have now consumed the two veggy burgers and they were absolutely superb. I couldn't tell the difference between them and actual meaty ones.

R. Mont Blanc

Veggy Burgers with lashings of Salad Cream is ummmmmmmm CK. Great in Baps (sniggering permitted). 

P

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Since Mrs M went veggie I very rarely have a meat based meal, I dream of a home made cottage pie. Now and then I will have real sausages or battered fish. Oddly when we have burgers I opt for bean burgers not beef or chicken. Sometimes I will buy some lamb burgers. 

I bet there is someone saying make your own cottage pie. I could do but that will be two meals being cooked and twice as much washing up, and who does that? 

Oh for liver and bacon, lamb chops, stake stew............Now i won't sleep thinking about these. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Have you tried Crème Fresh with suitable herbs and Sun Dried Toms, whizzed in your Pasta?

Mrs SE has experimented with various mixtures like that, usually to make something with what is to hand without having to make a special trip to Tess&Co. 

My favourite veggie dish at the moment is Moroccan Stew, a spiced mixture based on sweet potato (or we substitute roasted squash from the allotment when available) and chickpeas. Can be served with quinoa, rice or anything similar, or even the leftovers used topped with crème fraîche or soft cheese as a filling for jacket potatoes.

Another house speciality is a veggie lasagne where the meat in the filling is replaced by a mixture of roasted courgettes, aubergines, sweet peppers, tomatoes or any other vegetable that take you fancy. 

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

The mad thing for me is that it was the wife who first talked veganism (only because she is intolerant to gluten, dairy, onions, mushrooms and many other veg too - what the heck is left she can eat go figure!!) and I was like no way then all I've done is substitute stuff for the past month.

Best thing I did though was realise that chocolate biscuits were making me ill, NHS want me to have angina and are doing their very best to prove it but so far no diagnosis, but most of the discomfort I was having seems to have worn off since first losing the chocolates and then the red meat, mainly though the chocolate.

• Friendly/supportive 4

11 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I remember sitting near Mutley Tunnel at Plymuff and seeing weird coloured new Westerns emerging into the summer sunshine. I also remember the multicoloured 31s at Liverpool street in 1960. They did brighten Liverpool St up a bit along with the pimped Pilots and, of course, the gleaming Brits....luverly.

P

I remember sitting near Mutley tunnel and not seeing anything but steam engines until a couple of kerosene Castles came on the scene and spoiled the view forever!:negative::mad::cry:Then they build a huge parking lot over the entrance which spoiled it even more!:protest::angry:

Brian.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

However, I am ashamed to say that if I go on holiday in a Hotel then I am seriously naughty with the bacon at Breakfast

Ahhh, bacon, the well known cure for vegetarianism.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Oh for liver and bacon, lamb chops, stake stew............Now i won't sleep thinking about these. 

The pub near where the girlfriend lives, does liver and bacon, with onion gravy, I had some last Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Siberian Snooper said:

The pub near where the girlfriend lives, does liver and bacon, with onion gravy, I had some last Saturday.

Not listening :music:

I could murder for a bacon sandwich this morning.......thick white bread and real butter..............brown sauce. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Not listening :music:

I could murder for a bacon sandwich this morning.......thick white bread and real butter..............brown sauce. 

We need to have a MEAT up for breakfast then mate.:crazy_mini:

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1