SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Now then, all this talk of eggs, baps and violence on the Ranges made me go to the loft and seek out new worlds. I needed to retrieve some equipment to return to a good bloke that I may see on Saturday.

Did that and then decided to fit two Arthurs with their chips and test them out. Excellent and smoothy smoothy. Having been cheered by that  and having a couple more chips to hand, I chose to check out a couple of my recent retail therapy items from Vectis, and fit chips. Packet 35019 turned out to have DCC fitted already; no note about that on purchase or in box but what a nice surprise and it works a treat. Makes up for the crap Packet I got a couple of weeks back from Vectis, that is crippled and I can't work out why.....but I have my suspicions! Probably another job for that fine fellow Redgate if I can't sort it. So I thought I would then check the Spam 34078 that I had got with 35019. Opens box and signs of a chip packet in the box, but no, without taking the loco body off (faff) I tested it and it either hasn't got a chip or it has been removed. Works well on DC. Never mind, win some, lose some. Fitting maybe on Sunday when the storm is raging.

Such fun and it is good to see that the Junction works despite months of inactivity. 

I shall return up there later if ICBA.

P

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Just seen a really lovely lined blue Peckett on the Kernow Models web site.

Some of my relatives enjoy peck it, but as a Duck, I nibble and slurp.

Lined Blue 'Packets' were/are good too, but I never ever saw one that way so there will not be an example up The Junction.

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Sadly I never ever knowingly saw a Nelson in BR service.

There were only a handful left when I saw them working. Impressive in full flight.  That night being a summer holiday weekend and a big liner docking I think every available loco that could boil water was pulling class 1 trains. The following morning we had an old SR mogul of some sort from North Camp to Reading on our return special. It was a big train and we didn't get much speed up.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

With recent discussions on bean burgers and other vegan delights during a day at Larnach Castle in New Zealand they made reference of how they first lit the rooms during non daylight times...methane gas from humans and animals was collected and lit ....

Seems like sprouts, brocolli and chick pea curry might have a use after all.....

Baz

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Apologies for silence, I have been to Donny so that I don't have to go tomorrow when there is to be a big wind up here. I only purchased one small item at the show, a handle for my micro saw blades. I was tempted by a book and some plassi wagons, but I was strong and did not flash the cash. Goodtime spent with friends and the chance to catch up with others I have not seen for some time.

P

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

Didn't spend a penny myself, no trains, no books nothing.

Starbucks and Costa on the other hand did quite well out of me today.

A man with a strong bladder.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

25 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Apologies for silence, I have been to Donny so that I don't have to go tomorrow when there is to be a big wind up here. I only purchased one small item at the show, a handle for my micro saw blades. I was tempted by a book and some plassi wagons, but I was strong and did not flash the cash. Goodtime spent with friends and the chance to catch up with others I have not seen for some time.

P

That's strange, at the Stafford Show last week, I bought a new Blade for my Saw Handle, haha, plus not much else.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I went to Donny with Mr Mallard, we waddled around with Steve (31A). It was a very nice day out. Lovely chips in the fish and chip restaurant across the road...but no Wallies on the menu.  Some nice layouts.

I came home with a Replica powered underframe for a DMU. And some home work from them. More later.

I also came home with a receipt where I have ordered a little lathe and a pillar drill. 

Cath on Booklaw wouldn't let me leave without buying a new book called "First Generation Diesels in East Anglia". Thankfully she stopped me buying for a second time a book she said I bought last time I saw her.

An expensive day out but worth it.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I came home with a Replica powered underframe for a DMU.

I did toy with the idea of picking up one of those but resisted for the moment. Two motors seems overkill for that Cravens DPU kit I have in the stash, even with a couple of vans for tail traffic.

On the subject of DMUs, what colour would you recommend for the early lighter shade of DMU green? I'm doing a DTS to go with my 122 and need to get it painted so I can glaze it and get it finished.