SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

I want to chuck that front bogie set and maybe the whole damn Bogie as it is more crude than I am when drunk, but I believe Markits might be difficult to get hold of? The Arthur should also have ten spoke bigie wheels as well but 12s supplied. Why?

Any suggestions for 10 spoke 3'7" wheels would be most helpful Tony. Thank you.

P

Good evening Phil,

Mark Arscott has never been busier, but his products are available. 

It's interesting how the lockdown has affected the model railway manufacturing side of things. Speaking with Dave Ellis of SEF, he's run off his feet, and Andrew of Comet/Wizard/MSE reports tremendous sales. 

Though the circumstances are dreadful, 'it's an ill wind' and what have you. Are folk returning to actually making things again, rather than becoming so RTR-reliant? 

Anyway, phone 01923 249711 and you'll get what you want. Just a word of caution; because of credit card limitations, any order with Markits has to be over £10.00. The code for the bogie wheels you require is BR14BS. If DCC is contemplated, then go for all-insulated. The wheels are superb. 

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tony. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony Wright said:

Good evening Phil,

Mark Arscott has never been busier, but his products are available. 

It's interesting how the lockdown has affected the model railway manufacturing side of things. Speaking with Dave Ellis of SEF, he's run off his feet, and Andrew of Comet/Wizard/MSE reports tremendous sales. 

Though the circumstances are dreadful, 'it's an ill wind' and what have you. Are folk returning to actually making things again, rather than becoming so RTR-reliant? 

Anyway, phone 01923 249711 and you'll get what you want. Just a word of caution; because of credit card limitations, any order with Markits has to be over £10.00. The code for the bogie wheels you require is BR14BS. If DCC is contemplated, then go for all-insulated. The wheels are superb. 

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tony. 

Thank you Tony. I shall get two sets if he has them. Your reference has saved me a lot of time.

P

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I want to chuck that front bogie set and maybe the whole damn Bogie as it is more crude than I am when drunk, but I believe Markits might be difficult to get hold of? The Arthur should also have ten spoke bigie wheels as well but 12s supplied. Why?

Any suggestions for 10 spoke 3'7" wheels would be most helpful Tony. Thank you.

P

Hi Phil. 

I might have a Comet front bogie tucked away somewhere. I shall check in the morning. 

Rob. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi Phil. 

I might have a Comet front bogie tucked away somewhere. I shall check in the morning. 

Rob. 

That could be good to go with my 'Bigie (and I had not been drinking) Wheels...…..much appreciated oh Woolly  one. Having made the decision to move on with this kit it now needs a bit more attention to detail. No problems though if it is lost as I can cope with the lump when it is painted! 

What I have also noticed is that the 'Bigie' Tender Frame sides, on both the H15 and the Arthur, are covered in Rivet Heads....derrrrr! I do have a load of Rivets on an etch and on Decals but hell, life is too short.

I'm not surprised that the old DJH Kit (one of the early batch that had wheels in the kit) had incorrect 'Bigie' Wheels but I'm surprised about the SEF ones being wrong too. I wonder if Dave realises; he is such a good bloke I wouldn't want to upset him?

Hope your flock are safe and well old bean?

P

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Have played with the Arthur's bogies this morning without the use of a tissue. I think I have got the unit to fit in a more secure way. The loco runs through points on the layout so it seems OK at the moment. It is a free runner too.

I also changed the 'live' Driving Wheels for insulated versions as that is how Comet suggest you build a chassis and I have done that successfully in the past.

P

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I also changed the 'live' Driving Wheels for insulated versions as that is how Comet suggest you build a chassis and I have done that successfully in the past

I've built a few chassis in my time with the chassis itself 'live', but I now prefer to have fully insulated wheels and pick ups acting on all of them, applying equal pressure, as it were.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Stand by. 

I think I made a horses @rse of it....

Sheepbloke

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 11/05/2020 at 19:50, Captain Kernow said:

I've built a few chassis in my time with the chassis itself 'live', but I now prefer to have fully insulated wheels and pick ups acting on all of them, applying equal pressure, as it were.

That particular statement confirms that I have made the correct decision. Thank you CK and bless you both down there in tourist land. Fortunately very few 'tourists' visit 36E and any that do are usually 'disappeared' successfully so that they do not return.

Albert Hornblock

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Dies anyone think my Grotty Hut for the Up Yard Sidings is slightly out of scale?

20200512_125836-1.jpg.192613721a213a17641e4d0887f53c63.jpg

I'm unsure that the structure is authentic for the early 60s.

Any comments welcome.

A.B. Shelter

Wire in tube point control I see.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3