SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Looking at the photo again may I ask why is one spammy thing sitting on the top of another. :dontknow:

Mating process to save workshop space at Eastleigh and Brighton. Simples.

A. Biggerone

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Not bad as to me they all look the same, unlike DMUs. :sungum: :sungum:

The front one has longer smoke deflectors, which one is it?

I think that is an illusion caused by over exertion when shovelling Horse Doo and the age of the pic (must be mid 50s). If it is Bude I shall buy you a bun. Fairly sure it is 34015 and that may well have been a Friary loco at this time (CBA to get  shed book out) and that's why it could be on its' way west, south west, east and then north west followed by south west, then west and then 145* east with a quick 180* part circumnavigation of the Laira Triangle to end up going west, both forwards and in reverse. There you go. :onthequiet:

Nope, it were 72A, however 34035 was a Friary engine in 1955!

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Blowed if I can tell them apart!

Hi Pete

Normally I can tell spammers buy their accent but in the case of spam locos I look at the name plate.

Merchant Navy, normally a big round device with the name either side of the middle of the circle.

West Country, a shield with the town's emblem on and the name above on a separate plate .

Battle of Britain, a light blue oval badge with the name above.

There are exceptions to the above and I am sure the SR muddlers will help.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Hi Pete

Normally I can tell spammers buy their accent but in the case of spam locos I look at the name plate.

Merchant Navy, normally a big round device with the name either side of the middle of the circle.

West Country, a shield with the town's emblem on and the name above on a separate plate .

Battle of Britain, a light blue oval badge with the name above.

There are exceptions to the above and I am sure the SR muddlers will help.

If you have to be able to read the nameplate to tell them apart, 

then that proves the point that they all look the same! (so there)

• RMweb Premium

If you have to be able to read the nameplate to tell them apart, 

then that proves the point that they all look the same! (so there)

Bit like County Class, Hall Class, Castle Class, King Class and Manor Class and then the Patriots, Jubs, Scots and Prinnies along with the Corries and then the A4s, blah, blah, blah..... and if you try to catch me out with detail differences such as Double chimney or being rebuilt  then I'll counter with cab width/shape and tender behind details; almost as bad as the Black 5s! :mail:  :secret:

P.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Bit like County Class, Hall Class, Castle Class, King Class and Manor Class and then the Patriots, Jubs, Scots and Prinnies along with the Corries and then the A4s, blah, blah, blah..... and if you try to catch me out with detail differences such as Double chimney or being rebuilt  then I'll counter with cab width/shape and tender behind details; almost as bad as the Black 5s! :mail:  :secret:

P.

At least DMUs are different.

P.

I'll accept Halls, Granges & Manors are a bit similar, but the

continuous splasher stands out a mile on the Counties.

Also, if you can't see the difference in a King bogey, you need 

to go to Specsavers!

At least DMUs are different.

Oh come on, they're all just long single-decker buses without steering wheels!

:sungum:  :angel:  :O  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

to go to Specsavers!

Now then, I do not use Specsavers as they are all the same, I use a proper Optha...Optul...Othtalim…. eye person as advised by my late mate Geoff Brewin who was once  an eye person of some repute, and so even I can see that all the Counties were the same shape and so were the Kings. I were not comparing all those green brassy objects as that would be like comparing all the inoffensive panniers (but no names involved). The Spams were a single class so I am right as always, without fear of contradiction or assignation by DC operators.

Spud Ulike

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Look that is a bit below the belt. Throwing Bulleyed's "Who will follow me " class at us.

Even this can't counter act that.

Have to admit that I quite like that as it is a brown Spam with a ventilator at the front. Even has proper flap things at the front.

D. Iscs

• Like 1

to go to Specsavers!

Oh come on, they're all just long single-decker buses without steering wheels!

Not convinced thats true, they just called them handbrakes.

• RMweb Premium

Ummm, neat Hymuck arrived after lunch. Pre used D7044, TT green, no panels, white winders, but immaculate and not even fitted with bits yet. Could not resist getting it running. Pah, dead as a door-nail, or so I though until I checked the wheels. Covered in that typical Heljan crud layer. Big clean and wipe down with a pencil thingy and some Isowhatever fluid, back on track, little stutter and then woosh, no not burst into flames but off it went in a smooth as a baby's a~~e way. Luverlee, but it don't half use the juice (pulling aout 0.60 amps on the Richter Scale) and weighs about a Kilo. Just waiting now for oil to come bursting out the sides …………. :nono:

Parcel arrived whilst SWMBO was out to lunch so well pleased.

:senile:

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 6