SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Well, yes, no and maybe is the answer to that. One minute with one wire set up I have some power to some parts and then when I double check and do it as per diagram from DCCC I have almost zero power in the Slip itself (according to the meter) except for one 'leg'. Only thing that works is the point switches and the motors! Really pi##ed off now so I'm giving it a rest. Thanks for asking though dear friend of the three legged Island. Doh! Brain is deffo scrambled.

P

So the motors move the blades correctly but the rails are not getting power? This might be due to the "short cut" implicit in the DCCC wiring diagram, whereby the motors are switching correctly but there is in effect nothing for them to switch because you have (correctly) isolated the slip from the rest of the layout. Try adding another wire to each of the respective (red and blue) rails, connecting these directly to their associated bus wires.

Edited by St Enodoc

• RMweb Premium

So the motors move the blades correctly but the rails are not getting power? This might be due to the "short cut" implicit in the DCCC wiring diagram, whereby the motors are switching correctly but there is in effect nothing for them to switch because you have (correctly) isolated the slip from the rest of the layout. :yahoo: (thanks to your original advice many moons ago). Try adding another wire to each of the respective (red and blue) rails, connecting these directly to their associated bus wires.

Ah, thanks for that. I have two wires attached to each of those outer rails, however it would appear that that is one to the outside rail and then one to the inner curved rail on the same side, however I have not connected the two of them on the outside rail (?) separately to the respective BUS. I shall try that thank you dear heart. Otherwise I shall rip it up and redo the wiring and start again that would seem logical. That won't cause any problems other than me having to move stock that should have been moved months ago!

Loverly jubbly.

P

Well played my old Janners you fully deserved your victory today. I really hope you push on upwards to stay up.

See what happens when you don't have a Ginsters for breakfast !  :jester:

F.Atty

• RMweb Premium

Need to be excited as one of my weird conditions has prevented me from functioning this week (since Saturday lunchtime really). No idea what's up but just got up to type this. Thus, yet again, zero action up The Junction and it is pi$$ng me off as I was (am?) actually motivated in my head at the moment.

Never mind, tomorrow is another day; Double Slips to slaughter etc.

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget me......change at Eweminster...

post-14122-0-30351300-1548193699.jpg

post-14122-0-59042300-1548193760.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 7

Minor claim to fame - I think I remember it correctly - Dan Driver, art teacher at Exmouth gramer schule, designed the advertising logo "come to sunny Exmouth" or perhaps it was "come to sunny Devon"/whichever, but the logo consisted of a sun hat and a pair of sunglasses. I can't find it illustrated on the web, but it featured in the back pages of the newspaper ads, back in 1960 or so, for example.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I remember the Hymucks very well the only thing missing is the oil splatter on the vents they must have been on full throttle passing 81A by the time they 

got to 81C engine still going at a lick an hydraulic oil line would blow making a hell of a mess on the pretty paint work and out from the shed would pop a Grange

or a Hall to go and finish the job off. 

Edited by 81C
  • Like 1