SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I used to like haggis, however it has cereals in it and so now it is verboten. Boo!

Smiffy, please do not take this personally but I can recommend Slimming World for a gentle but disciplined approach to keeping off the pounds and they are quite switched on to dealing with 'conditions'. I know it sounds daft, but the fact that participants are using a routine and you can record stuff on-line as well as going to get a weigh in (not public), is quite good for being disciplined and not being tempted to "just have some of that".  Of course you may want to take the advice of a Health Service Dietician (if there is one these days, locally) as they may be more tuned into your needs (oh er misses).

ATB and take care,

P

• RMweb Premium

The folks in the pic have spikes sticking out underneath. Usually they pop in drilled baseboard holes, but I just wanted them as a welcoming group, so stuck em in the blutak, and no, not veggie, it’s one with real flesh and blood haggises in it.

I sprinkle some curry powder in my Heinz BB and that adds a bit of 'bite'. Heinz BBs are also GF but not always the ones with sausages or other weird things stuck in them.

Other brands are available, however many are not GF; one needs to check for crap such as Barley Malt Extract.

Phil

Surfing round some old photos if Kings Cross in the 1950's I came across some adverts for "Bile Beans- To Keep You Healthy Happy and Slim" . Sounds better than all this new fangled modern stuff. You don't see many pictures of fat loco men at KX shed back in them days, so I guess it worked for them !

I can't eat cooked tomato, but I can eat British made Heinz Baked Beans, so you're probably right about those chemicals. I say British made, because I can't eat the ones made in Europe because they have too much tomato!

I know of many expat Brits over here who prefer Heinz baked beans over the local variety which is strange as Heinz is/was a US company and we are lucky as the local market sells them. 

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Befores at the modification site.

Point 6 will be moved from this position and become point 3 and the point 3 in this pick will be numbered 6!

post-2326-0-92789800-1548456750_thumb.jpg

Points 1 & 2 will be moved and there are 3 dirty old set track points where the new yard lines entrances will be positioned (approximately)

post-2326-0-73608600-1548456790_thumb.jpg

The line where the left bridge abutment is will go and these points 1 & 2 will move.

post-2326-0-12170500-1548456825_thumb.jpg

The card is approximately where the new embankment cover will be (but not flat like this of course) :beee: The temp points will be:   closest = 1, then 2 then 3.

post-2326-0-87951300-1548456850_thumb.jpg

This shot sort of shows where the new points will join with the existing FY lines. :declare:

post-2326-0-17313500-1548456877_thumb.jpg

The basic job of relaying was completed just now with some simple stock test running over the points/track (not loco hauled), but there is quite a lot of rewiring to do and point renumbering and wiring/fitting of one micro switch on what will be Point 1 as that is least accessible. The others will rely on blade contact for now as this whole fiddle is still really experimental and only tacked down at the moment. The carpy old set track points are not the replacement ones! Those will be the old 1 and 2 + the shiny one!  

I shall, tomorrow morning, if ICBA, take the pics of the job so far and then (hopefully) when the rewiring is done and all is working again. Hopefully then all will become as clear (as mud?)  :swoon:  .

Night night.

Ar$£

• Like 5

Befores at the modification site.

Point 6 will be moved from this position and become point 3 and the point 3 in this pick will be numbered 6!

attachicon.gifIMG_0040.JPG

Points 1 & 2 will be moved and there are 3 dirty old set track points where the new yard lines entrances will be positioned (approximately)

attachicon.gifIMG_0042.JPG

The line where the left bridge abutment is will go and these points 1 & 2 will move.

attachicon.gifIMG_0043.JPG

The card is approximately where the new embankment cover will be (but not flat like this of course) :beee: The temp points will be:   closest = 1, then 2 then 3.

attachicon.gifIMG_0044.JPG

This shot sort of shows where the new points will join with the existing FY lines. :declare:

attachicon.gifIMG_0045.JPG

The basic job of relaying was completed just now with some simple stock test running over the points/track (not loco hauled), but there is quite a lot of rewiring to do and point renumbering and wiring/fitting of one micro switch on what will be Point 1 as that is least accessible. The others will rely on blade contact for now as this whole fiddle is still really experimental and only tacked down at the moment. The carpy old set track points are not the replacement ones! Those will be the old 1 and 2 + the shiny one!  

I shall, tomorrow morning, if ICBA, take the pics of the job so far and then (hopefully) when the rewiring is done and all is working again. Hopefully then all will become as clear (as mud?)  :swoon:  .

Night night.

Ar$£

When ever all this comes to fruition, it will be a most impressive layout!

Brian.

Ah diets!

Tried them all, and I can honestly say, very few work long term

I wa s relieved to find though that a bunch of folk at Cambridge have discovered that thin people do in reality have different genes that stop them piling on the avoirdupois

Maybe by the time they work out how to put it in the water,my greatgrand kids will be old enough to benefit,

• RMweb Premium

Ah diets!

Tried them all, and I can honestly say, very few work long term

I wa s relieved to find though that a bunch of folk at Cambridge have discovered that thin people do in reality have different genes that stop them piling on the avoirdupois

Maybe by the time they work out how to put it in the water,my greatgrand kids will be old enough to benefit,

I've tried a few and it is just a matter of adjusting what goes in yer gob of course. That is unless one is receiving meds as you are. Pro advice from a Dietician, even paid for as a last resort, would be worth it.

Enough of this, so my friend, get on with your life and enjoy everything that it allows you to. If it is of any use I find that being locked in the loft by SWMBO is a good way to avoid eating and means some Junction action occurs.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Conversely, being locked in the loft by SWMBO would rule out any junction action...

Ummmmm! Rather have a pasty.

Completed most of the electrickery this PM and even fitted the Micro switch to No 1.

Yet to complete wire up to motors for points 1, 2 & 3 but the new no 6 works fine thanks. However, whilst testing some others (7, 8a+8b, 9, 10 and 12; 11 is now redundant for the moment) No 9 decided it wasn't going to work very well. Not a problem at the moment. I am using a DCC Concepts 8sfx solenoid driver for those and it already has one dead output; perhaps it is now two and that is disappointing. 1 - 6 are driven by an ancient H & M Flash Unit and that works fine!

I had to adjust the position of the P11 Motor next to No.8A as the Mk1s' battery boxes on the UFs fouled it. Obviously not run that particular set of MK1s (the WR choccy and cream set) round that particular section before, strangely after all this time! Rather I found that out now, however adjusting these little motors is easy thank goodness.

Ran the B4 through the new settings and had to reverse the Polarity of the Micro Switch, but that was that; all was smooth and without incident.

Quite pleased, but maybe not as pleased as I was to have a chat with my good matey Gilbert of Peterborough North, who was kind enough to phone me this morning and give me some super tips about checking coach formations and the use of storage cassettes. We had discussed this before, some time ago, however I had not done a lot about checking the stock required for a 'full timetable'.

One thing I am lucky with is that most trains through The Junction used green (or blood and custard/mix of both) coaches, in sets (Bulleid, Maunsell and Mk1s) and/or with loads of loose stock and, in my era, there was only one named SR train (ok sometimes in 3 or 4 parts in the summer on Saturdays), the ACE, that ran with a super variety of combinations of stock. The Cleethorpes will be different of course and the Surbiton Car Train is unusual and diversions will be 'interesting'. Catering coaches of several different Diagrams are required frequently. The Branch service was P&P and I have that stock. Don't think I have forgotten anything.

The goods traffic was almost absent in daylight hours on summer Saturdays, but again there were some interesting workings that I would like to represent on occasion, especially the ballast workings. Here I have the base info for the planning of the use of storage cassettes so that the fiddle sidings are mostly free, apart from the ACEs and the Brighton and/or Portsmouth that might sit in there?

CBA to take pics of the modified area tonight.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

It sounds as though you're making good progress with the alterations we discussed Phil; glad to hear you're getting the trickery sorted out as a lot of what you've described is over my head!

• RMweb Premium

It sounds as though you're making good progress with the alterations we discussed Phil; glad to hear you're getting the trickery sorted out as a lot of what you've described is over my head!

Just two wires and some glue Steve. That's DCC for you. :sarcastichand:

• Like 1