SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Right, bo##ocks to all this new site doom and gloom nonsense, I'm going to post some stuff. Due to anxiety about the Greens playing at Posh and me not going, I went in the loft this pm for a while and did some faffing. Cut a card template for the Incline overbridge using the Superquick kit for dimensions of the arch hole. Stuck it on the layout. Had a look at the remaining point situation in the Station area and put labels down to remind me what is going where and amended the Red Leader SB Diagram.  Such fun. Then I tried sorting out some mysteries about the coach formations on my expresses but that is boring so I'll leave the rivet counting for that for another time.

Now to settle in front of the worrying ending of Deep Impact and then good, old Dad's Army, followed by the amazing They Shall Not Grow Old, that I missed some time ago.

Good evening all.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Glad to hear you’re feeling better, your Duckiness, I hope to contribute a little more if I can master this new format.

Spent the last couple of sessions hard wiring my Oxford Radial after the first decoder fried itself in a fortnight.  Got it going nicely and attempted some weathering.

I’ll now crash and burn attaching a pic

Ash.

550101DC-06F1-4A92-92A1-3671DE7AD340.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Ashley Bridge said:

Glad to hear you’re feeling better, your Duckiness, I hope to contribute a little more if I can master this new format.

Spent the last couple of sessions hard wiring my Oxford Radial after the first decoder fried itself in a fortnight.  Got it going nicely and attempted some weathering.

Ash.

Nice weathering job. Makes a good purse.

P

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ashley Bridge said:

Ash.

The little steamy kettley thing looks nice. I am so glad I am a technophobe and don't have all these problems of DCC. 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, the new Terms & Conditions and regulations are very clear and I applaud that. However will I still be allowed to insult you lot and say ar$£ all the time? Also, is there a hidden G String or whatever it is they have in Apps and stuff, that notes what I am talking about and subsequently identifies that I need to buy some 7mm items, scrap DCC and go DC, or notes that the modelling content of the thread is way below that required and sets off the self destruct system?

Such interesting days ahead and if you are following me than beware as I have been eating a lot of vegetables and pulses lately.

Sensible bit: in homage to Gilbert and Spams (and others I may not have noticed), I am creating a Spreadsheet that shows the coach formations for expresses through SJ, SO 1958 - 1964 ish. It won't need colouring in either as the little person in my PC is doing that for me right now.

ArS£

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

if you are following me

I am not officially following you, as I don't know how to get close enough to do this.

Might it be seen as being too friendly?

On the other hand, I do happen to be generally walking in the same direction at a respectful distance.

• Informative/Useful 4

11 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I am not officially following you, as I don't know how to get close enough to do this.

Might it be seen as being too friendly?

On the other hand, I do happen to be generally walking in the same direction at a respectful distance.

Just so long as 'following' doesn't turn into 'stalking' :nono:

Intrigued by the way profiles now display 'Rank' and how did I mange to achieve a 'good' community rating. Obviously need to do something about that :pleasantry: 

Lieutenant Pigeon

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, vaughan45 said:

... profiles now display 'Rank' ...

That is probably something to do with the unwashed individuals one finds at exhibitions.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

7 minutes ago, ian said:

That is probably something to do with the unwashed individuals one finds at exhibitions.

Other flavours are available at reception

BRUE960118107.png.918d4d4f8a7f2d0d5a616be6f6d5c3da.png

H.Cooper

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

This was my new electric brum-brum on Friday morning in Hampshire, but I still managed to get my layout up to Stafford for the exhibition. The snowy conditions, and the extra weight of the layout gave me some 'range anxiety' before my planned stop for lunch and a charge at a Harvester near Warwick, with the car reporting it would only go another 7 miles, but the rest of the weekend was uneventful (ignoring that I had left my stock box at home).

IMG_20190201_083015.jpg.ea11c3e53343a7ece0193fb29a15220d.jpg

• Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

6 hours ago, 81C said:

:secret:This forum is spooky I've now got people following me Oh Dear, I'm going into stealth mode :unsureclear:

If you can get hold of an old Superman comic you will find that by means of an advert on the back page you can not only get six pack like Charles Atlas, you can also buy a wonderful device called a Seebackroscope, which will enable you to see if anyone is following you. It also enables you to see where you’ve been which for most followers of RM web is probably infinitely more interesting than where we are going. :wacko:

Edited by jazzer
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 01:33, Mallard60022 said:

Well, the new Terms & Conditions and regulations are very clear and I applaud that. However will I still be allowed to insult you lot and say ar$£ all the time? Also, is there a hidden G String or whatever it is they have in Apps and stuff, that notes what I am talking about and subsequently identifies that I need to buy some 7mm items, scrap DCC and go DC, or notes that the modelling content of the thread is way below that required and sets off the self destruct system?

Such interesting days ahead and if you are following me than beware as I have been eating a lot of vegetables and pulses lately.

Sensible bit: in homage to Gilbert and Spams (and others I may not have noticed), I am creating a Spreadsheet that shows the coach formations for expresses through SJ, SO 1958 - 1964 ish. It won't need colouring in either as the little person in my PC is doing that for me right now.

ArS£

It seems every time I log on, I can't.  But I do and it does but if I do, I have to run through the whole thing to reach what I'm searching for in the first place.  Are you with me?  No doubt others can cope with these changes but the old way seemed much simpler and being somewhat of a simple fellow and aging a bit now, like things that are familiar as a book at bedtime or my old car where I know where everything is and what it does!

Brian.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3