SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

12 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

They were never on mine either and never will be (for the avoidance of doubt, this is a serious post).

I bought Eliminator on cassette to play in the car back in the day, had to get rid of it as my driving became too confrontational. The only record ever to affect me this way.

Rich

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, vaughan45 said:

Well I came across this on a packet displayed by a purveyor in Ealing and a quick look at the interweb provided the intel :dirol_mini:

563194_240773556084308_591205248_n.jpg.1f173aa3f390c8eaeb733ef896d0631d.jpg

Fascinating (Captain).

In fact, the illustration that I obtained my avatar from had all that written in English.

• Informative/Useful 1

Aha, so the Persian/Farsi on the pack کاپیتان actually spells out "Captain" (hoping the Arabic script shows up OK on the forum - edit: works for me, font slightly different shape)

and before you ask, no, I just I typed captain into google translate.

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Ashley Bridge said:

I bought Eliminator on cassette to play in the car back in the day, had to get rid of it as my driving became too confrontational. The only record ever to affect me this way.

Rich

In my experience, it's best not to play anything by Little Richard whilst driving, unless you keep an eagle eye on the speedo....

John

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dunsignalling said:

In my experience, it's best not to play anything by Little Richard whilst driving, unless you keep an eagle eye on the speedo....

John

It is when you are in a traffic jam and "Motorhead" by Hawkwind starts up and you have nowhere to go. :scared:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dunsignalling said:

John

1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

I thought that was Prince (unless the Captain has been seriously promoted !)

Look at that Little Richard and the 1990s version of him, Prince, mentioned in unrelated consecutive post.

Both chaps were 'king brilliant both musically and on stage.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

So from now on Tim is known as کاپیتان 

No, he is not. 

You may address him as Captain, unless you are one of the Inner Quorum, in which case you may address him as Captain.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

It is when you are in a traffic jam and "Motorhead" by Hawkwind starts up and you have nowhere to go. :scared:

The Captain doesn't do music either these days, unless it's an Official Authorised Sea Shanty from Port Isaac.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

The Captain doesn't do music either these days, unless it's an Official Authorised Sea Shanty from Port Isaac.

Drake is in his Hammock and a thousand miles away...…………..blah blah,  Accordion solo etc.

A. Raleigh Bicycle.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Ah, capten, we’ll lay the oval of track on the floor of the Waterside, pass round the grog, and have all the old favourites, “what shall we do with the Dapol terrier”, “farewell and adieu to you P4 lubbers” “yo ho ho and Minerva pannier”, you may lay to that, shipmate!

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Northroader said:

Ah, capten, we’ll lay the oval of track on the floor of the Waterside, pass round the grog, and have all the old favourites, “what shall we do with the Dapol terrier”, “farewell and adieu to you P4 lubbers” “yo ho ho and Minerva pannier”, you may lay to that, shipmate!

CK's friend Pugwash had a great theme tune (ear worm time). There were no innuendos about the Cabin Boy Roger or Master Bates, despite rumours and no Crocodiles were injured by Doctor Hook. I know my history.

Mr Snow.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Totally useless information except for those that play with weird trains from some other part of the country! The latest volume that I have been looking at is Longworth Vol 2. A few pages about the lovely pre Nat SR coaches and then a vast amount of guff about the LMS stock; how many coaches did they have in the late 50s? Blimey! I suspect Red Leader might find this volume of interest? 

The short section with Pullmans at the back of the book is also quite interesting to me, being someone that knows little about those coaches.

However, returning to the first section, most interesting and also very helpful for confirming certain details about Sets, withdrawal dates and detail differences in Dining Cars etc.  Hours of reading available.

Enough now of this sensible nonsense. I must check to see if the 11.39 Hull Trains plastic kit is alive and actually going to survive its' trip to The Cross later this very windy morning, as SWMBO is off galavanting again (until Monday when we both vant to the sunny [not] end of Devon).

Ar$£

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, vaughan45 said:

Look into my eyes and give me that smile
The one that always turns me on
And let me take your hair down
'Cause we're stayin' up to greet the sun.....

Sylvia's Mother

Who is Sylvia, what is she?

P

20 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

No Phil, that's Alice. Different song altogether......

Are you sure Colin ? 

39628772_446995382461703_3363196844329926656_n.jpg.8d04f6ba9c9ccfcaf4cd01396b70ac56.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Didn't Alice have a trip with a white rabbit.

I’m afraid I prefer the George Benson version from the album of the same name. And have you seen recent pics of Grace Slick?