SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Un hobnob? Un?? Beaucoup de hobnobs!!

मलाई चकलेट हबनोब्स पनि मन पर्छ।

Edit, in roman alphabet, Malā'ī cakalēṭa habanōbsa pani mana parcha.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

मलाई चकलेट हबनोब्स पनि मन पर्छ।

Edit, in roman alphabet, Malā'ī cakalēṭa habanōbsa pani mana parcha.

At least in the high mountains round there they don't melt. Nepali? I do like a challenge

About time Mr Duck-ji brought us back into line I think, as if that were possible, or even desirable.

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Mr Duck has been testing out the railways for a few days.

On Monday I saw the sadness that is the LSWR main line west of Salisbury but pretended he was being hauled by a 'Packet' between Clapham and  Salisbury, including sonic boom speed around Walton and sunny North west Surrey. Tasty bit of railway that is and also a tasty Westons Cider consumed somewhere near Seaton Junction.

On Tuesday I was bored but did have a GF Pizza where once upon a time there was a Railway goods yard in Plymuff and then enduring a dire performance by the pathetic Greens. Mind numbingly awful I am sorry to say. 

Yesterday I experienced the racetrack that is the GWR cut off between Tiverton, Taunton and Newbury and arrived at Reading 6 minutes early; HST in full flight until faff at Southall resulting in 3 minutes late arrival at the bear Station Platform 1.

I also spied a whole load of new trains hanging around outside Paddington; looks like a MR Shop Stockroom.

Got lost for while on the Circle Line which did not go in a circle, then had to wait at KX for quite a while until being whizzed back to 36E in another HST whilst having yet anoher cider.

Today I identified some long closed Railways wot I had identified in Plymuff, near Friary and Sutton Harbour. Now I am bored again but planning how I can avoid hearing anything more about "Shall we call it best of three"....complete arse bandit behaviours that is spoiling my week.

There you go, now get on with whatever you were doing mon amis.

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Stubby47 said:

Get yerself down to Taunton next month, that'll cheer you up.

Not after what I saw yesterday. Where is the steam Shed and those lovely sidings? Only a water tower left looking falorn.

P

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Siberian Snooper said:

Did you give CK a wave as you passed through Brent? And did he throw any glutton free sausages for you to catch in your beak?

I was very dispapointed as he was not visible and I forgot to look out yesterday. I was staying down the Sutton Premier Inn so you can imagine what bits of long gone railway I was observing where that Retail Park is with Vue and Pizza Express etc. Have you ever been in Rockfish? Behind the Fish Zoo? Bliddy 'andsome GF F & C with mushies. 

P

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I was very dispapointed as he was not visible and I forgot to look out yesterday.

I didn't know that dear, dear, Darling Ducky was passing. I could have arranged for the train to have been stopped in the old station in Brent and handed him a pasty from the local shop through the window waved.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I was very dispapointed as he was not visible and I forgot to look out yesterday. I was staying down the Sutton Premier Inn so you can imagine what bits of long gone railway I was observing where that Retail Park is with Vue and Pizza Express etc. Have you ever been in Rockfish? Behind the Fish Zoo? Bliddy 'andsome GF F & C with mushies. 

P

'Fraid not Mr Duck, I only tend to get as far as the Dolphin, when in the Barbican area. Or I am driving along the GW goods branch having been over to the sorting office at Plymstock to collect railway goodies that the postman couldn't deliver 'cause I was out!

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I didn't know that dear, dear, Darling Ducky was passing. I could have arranged for the train to have been stopped in the old station in Brent and handed him a pasty from the local shop through the window waved.

Never mind, however I was impressed with the inscription on the sea wall at Dawlish thanking you for your rapid response with the modelling clay and glue. Also Box Tunnel looks very clean.

ATB

Duckus Pastus

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

'Fraid not Mr Duck, I only tend to get as far as the Dolphin, when in the Barbican area. Or I am driving along the GW goods branch having been over to the sorting office at Plymstock to collect railway goodies that the postman couldn't deliver 'cause I was out!

They have been struggling because that footbridge has been closed for almost two years, however they have survived and could well be a destination when I next come down if you are interested in scoff? I would though need to know of a good Cider House in the vicinity. 

P

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

They have been struggling because that footbridge has been closed for almost two years, however they have survived and could well be a destination when I next come down if you are interested in scoff? I would though need to know of a good Cider House in the vicinity. 

P

Straying only slightly off topic, there was an item on this morning's news about a strain of GF barley that has been bred to produce GF beer.

https://www.csiro.au/en/research/af/areas/crops/wheat-barley/kebari-barley

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

P

Not being a cider drinker, I wouldn't really know, but I will be in the Dolphin later as i'm going to a funeral at lunchtime and the wake is being held there, so I will see what cider they purvey. I don't think the Dolphin has changed much since you lived in Plimuff, except for bring the facilities indoors, I think the originals would have made a nice little project for Stubby.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Straying only slightly off topic, there was an item on this morning's news about a strain of GF barley that has been bred to produce GF beer.

https://www.csiro.au/en/research/af/areas/crops/wheat-barley/kebari-barley

Oh, I almost got excited there. However, if it is going to be made into the gas filled pi## that is German beer in bottles or even kegs (and the stuff from elsewhere that already exists that is just as I describe it here), then they can shove it up their injectors. However, if it can be grown here (as after Breakshite they won't let us have any), and turned into proper flat, slightly warm GF stuff out of a pump or barrel, then I will be eternally grateful and no longer able to fly in a straight line.

Ar$£

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Oh, I almost got excited there. However, if it is going to be made into the gas filled pi## that is German beer in bottles or even kegs (and the stuff from elsewhere that already exists that is just as I describe it here), then they can shove it up their injectors. However, if it can be grown here (as after Breakshite they won't let us have any), and turned into proper flat, slightly warm GF stuff out of a pump or barrel, then I will be eternally grateful and no longer able to fly in a straight line.

Ar$£

The barley comes from down here - it just happens that it's been used to make German beer. Mind you, some of the beer down here fits your description too...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ashley Bridge said:

Love in a punt!

Is it just me that immediately thought of the couple in the punt in Kind Hearts and Coronets?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

Something must have happened in my extended absence as we gave that place a wide berth.  The Barbican was never a draw except for the tourists and some of the clientele could be embarrassing, to say the least.  It wasn't a good place to park your car either.  We preferred some of the more rural hostelries which were just becoming more upscale at the time.  Trouble is, then you to compete with young RN Lt's from Manadon!:huh:

Brian.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Siberian Snooper said:

The Dolphin has two sorts of Thatchers cider, which don't come out of a gas filled keg, they are stored between two barrels of Bass, which is also dispensed by gravity direct from the barrel.  Bliddy 'ransome!!

Reminds me of The Waterloo back in 1966.

Phil

• Friendly/supportive 1