Card Kits & Card Modelling Using Cereal Packets

Thanks chaps! Sorry for the delay in replying. It's been a rather mad week. Let me know how you get on @DelticBlade. Any problems or questions about the kits & signs, please let me know.

I've tweaked the road and made up some pavement now, so I'll post up a few pics later on hopefully.

Also just finished working on some grotty old industrial walling & rusty gates in OO scale  :). N gauge ones should be done very soon. Just need to change the way the gate posts are made up for N gauge.

post-20808-0-22555500-1393592568.jpg

Morning Folks :)

Been up since about 5am working on these today... A set of editable UK Vehicle Registration Plates in OO / 1:76 scale. A mate of mine needed to customise the reg plates on a couple of buses so I thought I'd make them available as a download. All registrations can be edited quickly and easily in Adobe Reader, and a single A6 sheet can renumber up to 56 vehicles. There's 3 different plate sizes too... Standard, Large & 4x4.

I've produced these at 1200dpi to give crystal clear results on any printer all being well. They can be printed on to white waterslide paper or just 100gsm photo paper and then glued on. Ideal for customising Oxford, Efe models etc. Great for personalising vehicles for the kids, grandkids etc on your layout. What do you think?

post-20808-0-63722800-1393660018.jpg

Afternoon Chaps :)

Just working on a new low relief old factory kit. Gradually taking shape. The Photoshop mock up of the rear façade is done. Just got to sort the sides and roof, but will probably get that done when I've sussed out all the wraps and base layers. It's loosely based on an old factory here in sunny(?) Coalville! A bit, well a lot of artistic license used here, but when I do a full kit version of this it will be a little more faithful to the original. In the meantime, this will be about 30 to 50mm deep when it's finished.

What do you think? Needs weathering and some additional details, but it's taking shape nicely. Will start dissecting it after lunch so I can start building up a few bits tonight all being well to make sure it all goes together :) 

post-20808-0-59794900-1393936483_thumb.jpg

Morning All,

Here's a few pics from the build of the low relief old factory which is now complete. Just got to make a few final adjustments and the write the instructions. Really pleased with how this turned out. Hope you like it. I also need to change the date on the stonework at the top... seems I can't type :)

Wrapping the main wall window rebates...

post-20808-0-07056500-1394169140_thumb.jpg

The windows are now in...

post-20808-0-26838500-1394169141_thumb.jpg

The wrap for the next layer of the main wall...

post-20808-0-47613100-1394169142_thumb.jpg

Wrapping the various main wall layers...

post-20808-0-24306200-1394169144_thumb.jpg

Side walls being wrapped and layered up...

post-20808-0-68385200-1394169145_thumb.jpg

Side walls are added...

post-20808-0-78388100-1394169146_thumb.jpg

Wrapping the top stone work sections...

post-20808-0-79654600-1394169147_thumb.jpg

More stone work being prepared...

post-20808-0-59482900-1394169148_thumb.jpg

And it's just about done... :)

post-20808-0-12713000-1394169168_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-11582600-1394169169_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-94538200-1394169169_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-78440700-1394169170_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-37324000-1394169143_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-32449500-1394169149_thumb.jpg

That factory & gate make me want to build a layout suitable to use them!  Only thing I'd change is to make the windows up with styrene strip and transparencies, or look for a suitable brass fret...

Thanks C&WR,

I will hopefully be including a template for transparent windows. The frames will probably have to be printed in black, and of course the obligatory dirt and grime will be added to the panes. The frames can then be overlaid with thin strips of matt white signwriters vinyl and weathered accordingly.

Great for personalising vehicles for the kids, grandkids etc on your layout. What do you think?

Will you be producing B&W plates for older vehicles?

Just as I was about to learn to scratch build someone comes out with some great looking kits in my favoured media, especially that pub.

Any plans to do a railway hotel? I've always thought the Trafford Hotel in trafford park next to work would make a good model

Can't post pics on my phone, will post later

http://www.modelrailwayscenery.com/2014/02/low-relief-railway-arches-ooho176/

Not sure of the dimensions here, trying to compare it with the scalescenes version.  Scalescenes is clear, 85mm height to deck, yours say dimensions of each arch, l 140 x h 85 x d 20 mm.  Is this the size of the arch itself, or the height to deck?  What is the overall height?  What is the length of the "repeat unit" - ie width of arch + 2 x width of half a pier on each side?

Thanks

Will you be producing B&W plates for older vehicles?

Just as I was about to learn to scratch build someone comes out with some great looking kits in my favoured media, especially that pub.

Any plans to do a railway hotel? I've always thought the Trafford Hotel in trafford park next to work would make a good model

Can't post pics on my phone, will post later

Yes we certainly will. Just need to find the time to take care of B&W plates :) Will try and get them done this Saturday morning all being well.

We have loads of new kits planned and again it's just time that gets in the way. I'll research the Trafford Hotel asap. Our next big project is a model of Shackerstone Station on the Battlefield Line. Once we've done that I can pretty much get on to anything really.

Thanks

Justin

Not sure of the dimensions here, trying to compare it with the scalescenes version.  Scalescenes is clear, 85mm height to deck, yours say dimensions of each arch, l 140 x h 85 x d 20 mm.  Is this the size of the arch itself, or the height to deck?  What is the overall height?  What is the length of the "repeat unit" - ie width of arch + 2 x width of half a pier on each side?

Thanks

I'll clarify the dimensions for you this morning :) brb.

Just remembered what the picture captioned "Side walls being wrapped and layered up..." reminds me of.  I had been looking at some arty shots of Battersea Power Station and the towers beneath the chimneys could be replicated like this.  

I haven't' started on this.  Yet...

Thanks

Hi David,

Please see attached regarding the dimensions for the arches. I'll add this to the product info page too.

Thanks

Justin

post-20808-0-98275000-1394702626_thumb.jpg

Yes we certainly will. Just need to find the time to take care of B&W plates :) Will try and get them done this Saturday morning all being well.

We have loads of new kits planned and again it's just time that gets in the way. I'll research the Trafford Hotel asap. Our next big project is a model of Shackerstone Station on the Battlefield Line. Once we've done that I can pretty much get on to anything really.

Thanks

Justin

to be awkward, there were three sizes of B&W plates often came in square, tall and regular :)

This is the one by work

800px-TraffordParkHotel.jpg

If you want any photographs just ask, I'm a designer / photographer by trade so should be able to sort out photos without lens curve

to be awkward, there were three sizes of B&W plates often came in square, tall and regular :)

This is the one by work

800px-TraffordParkHotel.jpg

If you want any photographs just ask, I'm a designer / photographer by trade so should be able to sort out photos without lens curve

That's an impressive hotel! I'm sure it could be turned into a workable kit though.

I'll research B&W plates before I get stuck in to doing them so I can get the sizes right. There were three sizes for modern plates too.

Thanks,

Justin

How are you getting on with my hoardings Mr. Noble?!!! :tomato:  :lol:  :lol:

Will get the hoardings done as soon as Mr T :) Still writing the instructions for the old factory at the minute and it's been a hectic week as you know matey :) Won't be long though.

Well the instructions are finally finished for the 1930's Factory. Took me much longer than I'd hoped to get it all correct, but I think it's been worth it. Here's a few more pics :). Got to build another one of them now for a diorama. Apparently (according to the other half) I could have made a better job of a couple of roof sections, as I was prototyping it I got a couple of folds wrong... So I've got to do it again! There's now a small hipped roof on the top too, just like the real thing :)

post-20808-0-31154400-1394868134_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-88075400-1394868135_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-12706700-1394868137_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-63930100-1394868138_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-09768600-1394868140_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-74264300-1394868141_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-88692300-1394868142_thumb.jpg

post-20808-0-81553000-1394868143_thumb.jpg

Hi David,

Please see attached regarding the dimensions for the arches. I'll add this to the product info page too.

Thanks

Justin

Many thanks for that, an order will follow shortly.  I still think I'll also be using the Scalescenes version, just for variety in two viaducts built by two different railway companies...

Well the instructions are finally finished for the 1930's Factory. Took me much longer than I'd hoped to get it all correct, but I think it's been worth it. Here's a few more pics :). Got to build another one of them now for a diorama. Apparently (according to the other half) I could have made a better job of a couple of roof sections, as I was prototyping it I got a couple of folds wrong... So I've got to do it again! There's now a small hipped roof on the top too, just like the real thing :)

Any chance the name at the top could be user-defined?

Many thanks for that, an order will follow shortly.  I still think I'll also be using the Scalescenes version, just for variety in two viaducts built by two different railway companies...

Any chance the name at the top could be user-defined?

Thanks David. I'll look at making the name at the top editable. It would have to be in fairly basic text, ie. no effects on it at all as Adobe Reader can't handle photoshop layer styles etc. I'll have a look and see what I can do. If you want something specific and I can't make it editable, let me know what you'd like there and I'll edit one and send over a replacement page for the top section.

• RMweb Gold

Just finished a (very) low relief Iveco delivery van for Fourgig East, yes this is the OO kit enlarged to O gauge on the printer :)

post-6717-0-79087100-1395234814_thumb.jpg

It's to go behind the security fencing at the back of the layout to suggest a road beyond. Tricky to build up with the differing widths of the sections, I drew a centre line in the end on all parts them measured 13.5mm from this centre line to cut the parts down to the required relief.

Pretty happy although I might change the name on the side to "R M Webb Furniture Removals - Armchairs a speciality!"

Just finished a (very) low relief Iveco delivery van for Fourgig East, yes this is the OO kit enlarged to O gauge on the printer :)

attachicon.gifDSC_0475.JPG

It's to go behind the security fencing at the back of the layout to suggest a road beyond. Tricky to build up with the differing widths of the sections, I drew a centre line in the end on all parts them measured 13.5mm from this centre line to cut the parts down to the required relief.

Pretty happy although I might change the name on the side to "R M Webb Furniture Removals - Armchairs a speciality!"

This is an absolutely awesome idea!!!! Really really clever! I never in a million years would have thought of doing that. Looks like it's scaled up really well too.

Archived