First Eurostar Velaro delivery to the UK.

• RMweb Gold

A few pictures of the Class 374 taken yesterday at St Pancras, including the interiors and cab

http://antony-christie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-new-eurostar-class-374-siemens-e320.html

Antony

Well at least the food looks like an improvement on some of the present offerings (although that is hardly difficult alas).

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I had a survey from Eurostar a couple of weeks back asking questions about if I'd be using the Amsterdam service. Seems as though they are touting 2 options. 1: a 30 min on train wait at Brussels. 2: 10 minute train change at Brussels. Both sound crappy. I'll likely stick with Thalys and have a breakfast/lunch stop in Brussels if I can't really go direct without an interruption.

• RMweb Gold

Why on earth aren't these in service yet?

There are certain technical problems I've heard - which need some minor adjustments to the infrastructure (plus of course testing and commissioning as Brian has said and with modern day trains that can be quite a long drawn out business).

• 1 month later...

Good to see an ex-NS6400 being worked :yes: (loco's 01-05 are purchased directly from MaK and based on the NS6400, itself based on the MaK type 1002), some years ago some ex-NS loco's were purchased for extra capacity and spares, loco's 06 and 07 are the ex-NS ones. Of the 120 strong series, more than half has been stored OOU as traffic had declined due to the crisis, now a number of these have found employment in Poland, where they replace ageing Soviet era machines that fail EU emission standards.

The new additions haven't got TVM fitted, so have to be paired with a fitted machine; this means that movements have to be planned to keep the fitted loco in front.

• 3 weeks later...

It's actually in passenger service then, not just an ECS test run?

That I couldn't say (the line's about 2 km from my window), but it came through at a busy time of day, which would be an odd choice for an ECS movement. It also didn't have the 'W' (voitures vide) after the train number on my graph, which ECS workings normally have.

• RMweb Gold

That I couldn't say (the line's about 2 km from my window), but it came through at a busy time of day, which would be an odd choice for an ECS movement. It also didn't have the 'W' (voitures vide) after the train number on my graph, which ECS workings normally have.

If my informant is correct (he isn't a Eurostar employee so treat with care) I suspect it is probably a pre-service 'live test'.

If my informant is correct (he isn't a Eurostar employee so treat with care) I suspect it is probably a pre-service 'live test'.

Part of the acceptance process - each set having to perform a number of fault free runs between London/Paris/Brussels. These convey testing staff so may be designated as a 'passenger' service rather than ECS.

Archived