37240 "Dutch" livery

class"66"

Hi Neil

I have a photo of 240 at Inverness on 6 August 92 prior to working the 1227 to Kyle - no depot plaque in place. I can't get access to the scanner at mo as SHMBO is working away in the study on her doctorate submission due in tomorrow.

I recall having quite a few miles off 240 in the summers of 90-92 mainly on Inverness-Kyle and Aberdeen. This included 6 consective days in August 91, but the most unusual working was the 0010 Inverness - Queen Street on 16 August 1990. I remember coming off 37152 on 1702 ex Aberdeen amazed to find it at the head of the internal overnight. Needless to say it came off at Perth where we suffered a duff to Larbert for another one North and then out to Nairn to pick up 114 on the 1018 Elgin - Inverness. Amazingly we then had 240 later in the day on the 1702 Aberdeen-Inverness! Was it really the best part of 25 years ago?!

Dave

If you use this link it shows lots of shots of 37240 and none of them have a depot plaque.

http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/37240/Recent

The link can also be edited for any other loco number - pretty useful.

Ok thanks my mate, :no:

Hi Neil

I have a photo of 240 at Inverness on 6 August 92 prior to working the 1227 to Kyle - no depot plaque in place. I can't get access to the scanner at mo as SHMBO is working away in the study on her doctorate submission due in tomorrow.

I recall having quite a few miles off 240 in the summers of 90-92 mainly on Inverness-Kyle and Aberdeen. This included 6 consective days in August 91, but the most unusual working was the 0010 Inverness - Queen Street on 16 August 1990. I remember coming off 37152 on 1702 ex Aberdeen amazed to find it at the head of the internal overnight. Needless to say it came off at Perth where we suffered a duff to Larbert for another one North and then out to Nairn to pick up 114 on the 1018 Elgin - Inverness. Amazingly we then had 240 later in the day on the 1702 Aberdeen-Inverness! Was it really the best part of 25 years ago?!

Dave

Cheers for your help Dave :sungum:  :locomotive:

• 1 month later...

Archived