Hornby Mk2e coaches

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Dunno if there's a specific thread for the 2e's. I've had a look but couldn't fing one easily.

Hornby have released more pictures of the upcoming 2e's

https://www.facebook.com/officialhornby/posts/10151914416510843

Ta to Si on DEMU for the heads up

Cheers,

Mick

i need a reminder.  Looked at the Hattons website today and they show just £2 price difference between the Railroad version and the middle of the range version of the blue and grey Mk2E (without lights).

Whats the middle and top of the range versions got that the Railroad version hasnt again?  Is it finer wheelsets and better close couplings?  Whatever it is it cant be much if the price is so close.......

• RMweb Premium

I think Railroad has plastic wheels, main range metal. It might also be that the main range has more decoration like no smoking and 1st class stickers on window, but not certain. I'm assuming that all versions will have the white lining between blue and grey , but with Hornbys marketing mess who knows?

A pressure ventilator, and to me for me looks spot on, the nee Airfix ventilators for me have always been under nourished.

Did 298 posts get the same ratings ?

Just thought I was giving my 2p worth...

What's that thing above the doors...? It must be out of gauge..

Edited by Ian Fisher

A pressure ventilator, and to me for me looks spot on, the nee Airfix ventilators for me have always been under nourished.

Did 298 posts get the same ratings ?

Just thought I was giving my 2p worth...

They look OK to me too....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/ScotRail_Mk2_coach_at_Euston.jpg

It looks as though the TSO has the deeper door droplights characteristic of the first batch (at least) of TSOs.  I think all the FOs and later TSOs had the shallower door droplights, which Hornby appear to have captured on the FO.  The BSOs all had the deeper ones I believe.

• 5 months later...

Incase anyone else is reading this and thinking "oh where":

Found on the "Hornby P2" discussion "Locomotion" had pre-production Mk2E on display. The photo is on page 32, post number 781:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/65812-Hornby-p2/page-32&do=findComment&comment=1508173

Looks like it has the latest coupling, good fit windows and superior detail?

• Like 1

Be great if some painted samples appeared at Warley in a few months (if Hornby are attending this????).

Hi,

Hornby gave up on attending model rail shows this year. But they seem to be into building their web presence through facebook and the like.

Cheers

Tom

• 2 months later...

those windows still look a bit like bottle bottoms  : ( 

i've never understood why manufacturers can't just use clear or slightly tinted transparent plastic for coach bodies, with the livery painted on.

surely that's cheaper and easier than having to cut out individual windows and fit separate glazing.