New Farish products for 2014/2015

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

I think it's time we started frothing to liven things up! Sorry Andy!

I hope Mr Bachmann will take note!

How about a Crab and an 8F for the steamers (you've already got the tenders on the way).

How about a re-tooled 40 for the diesel from the OO design?

I shall expect to see these announced in July.

Thank you.

Why not?

BR Ex-GWR NON-CORRIDOR STOCK

BR Standard 4MT 4-6-0

BR Standard 2MT 2-6-0

Dukedog

Dean Goods

43xx 2-6-0

Just to amplify on the BR Ex-GWR NON-CORRIDOR STOCK, it's the stock most seen in photos of GWR branch line trains, and it's also frequently seen on pics of secondary route trains. It's the coaching stock most conspicuously missing from any RTR-stocked GWR branch or secondary line based layout. It'd probably go down quite well in 00 too.

Some of the earlier Collett corridors (as formerly done (sort of) by Hornby) would be nice as well. And so would some ready-to plant Cambrian or GWR-style buildings.

Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Premium

My predictions for Farish 2014/15 (apart from the already announced train sets and packs) :

New tooling:

8F with coreless motor

Standard 4MT 4-6-0

GWR 56XX

LNER K3

158 DMU

and Thompson corridor stock

Re-liveries:

101 in Strathclyde orange/black

150/1 in Silverlink

Mk2s in Network SouthEast

Mk1s in InterCity swallow charter livery with white roofs

Scenecraft:

A selection of Settle & Carlisle-related structures to tie in with the 25th anniversary of the line's reprieve.

Quite nice to see some of the kyle-inverness clan mk2s and WHL mk1s in cream and green livs.

Upspeccing of the class 87 and 90 to current blue riband spec.

Dcc light bar ready coaching stock.

Mk1s in executive livery

Mk1 SLC composite sleeper inter-city

Class 40 retool starting in haymarket spec

Dcc light bar ready coaching stock.

Mk1 SLC composite sleeper inter-city

Unless Farish intend to do a light bar they are unlikely to have provision for them.

The last Mk1 SLC (on the Inverness service to 1984) was withdrawn in blue/grey and never received intercity livery.

Otherwise great.

• RMweb Gold

I would imagine the Class 40 is a dead cert to be upgraded in N now the new OO version is out. In fact my gast would be flabbered if it wasn't in this years announcements. Re-tooled Class 158 is also a good bet considering they are doing it in OO and the 2P was in the old Poole range so given the recent OO version that is another likely one I would imagine. 

8F is an outside chance, after all they have the chassis from the WD, assuming the same core chassis components could be used as the basis. 

Re-built Merchant Navy perhaps? Again in the original Poole range and now they have the boxpox wheels it'd be a shame not to use them! (Plus this is top of my 'want' list!)

And finally, wandering off into the wilds that is wish list territory, part of me would like to see the 9F resurrected. It doesn't look like we are getting any more from Dapol any time soon. 

Tom. 

• RMweb Premium

I personally hope they give us a retooled class 40 before I buy any more older versions :yes:  - I never realised the North Wales Coast had so many visiting during their operational life... :O  

And as I model various eras I'd like a 2- and 3-car 175 Coradia - can't be that big a leap from the 170's they do now can it...?

David

Could be that a retooled 105 of Derby Lightweight is inbound. Success with the EPB gives rise to a baby brother. Possibly more 20s, 47.

Im with others though. A down size of the 40.

If branch out is a possibility, we could see a South West Trains 450, or more liveries for the 4CEP?

Unless Farish intend to do a light bar they are unlikely to have provision for them. The last Mk1 SLC (on the Inverness service to 1984) was withdrawn in blue/grey and never received intercity livery. Otherwise great.

I wrote "inter-city" (so ergo Blue and Grey)   Spot the hyphen  ;)

Even if the Mk1 Sleepers did come in InterCity or INTERCITY liveries, a call for just an SLC kind of defeats the whole point of having a complete set.  Then we would need SLF and SLSTP to match.  

And of course a light bar ready coach aint much use to anybody without aaaaaa.......light bar! 

I thought the implication was erm..... implied and an easy spot to make.

Didn't Bachmann announce versions of the Mk 2 air cons with built in lighting - or was that only in OO rather than N? I would imagine the trend now would be for factory additions justifying a higher price, rather than accessories - value added!

Many of the suggestions above sound sensible:

Class 40 - dead cert copy of OO

Class 158 - similar dead cert given that the OO model is being upgraded. Will be some way off though.

Updated commemorative versions of the original Mainline releases seem inevitable, but would they be in N as well?

On this logic - how about a new 94xx or J69 to commemorate Farish's first models?

On reliveries I suspect Bach/Far will be as conservative as usual - no NSE, maybe a limited range of Intercity Exec Mk1s, and some of the missing sector liveries on diesels. Otherwise endless new numbers on existing green diesels, wagons etc. I suspect exciting liveries will be deliberately confined to train packs.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all my fellow frothers--the 40 seems a clear winner so far. Here's another to conjure with--an update for the Peaks, including nearer scale-width bogies. You know it makes sense! 

might be too soon given that the early ones havent rolled off the production line yet but scotrail liveried versions of the Mk2f's.

However it could be that they only used e or d coaches on those Aberdeen - Glasgows - cant remember.  Might not make much difference to users who want to run a DBSO with their 47/7 away from the Glas-Edin Mk3 runs.

(As I've been told) Graham Farish haven't produced a Class 47 with a cut-away buffer beam. So if that is true then I'd like to see one. It would also be nice it the add wire handrails to their Class 47s. And Graham Farish really need to issue Class 47's in more liveries:-

Railfreight Distribution (blue roof)
RES
West Coast Railways
Colas Rail
EWS
Freightliner Grey
Advenza Freight
DRS (compass livery)
Fragonset
Cotswold Rail
Anglia
ONE Anglia

Jeff B

Could be that a retooled 105 of Derby Lightweight is inbound. Success with the EPB gives rise to a baby brother. Possibly more 20s, 47.

Im with others though. A down size of the 40.

If branch out is a possibility, we could see a South West Trains 450, or more liveries for the 4CEP?

There aren't any more liveries that Farish can apply to the 4CEP in its current guise (apart from all-blue with small yellow panel as applied to a handful of units before blue/grey became standard - that is a very small market indeed). The 'Jaffa Cake', NSE and subsequent liveries were all applied to the rebuilt versions with guard's compartment in the CK and seating replacing the guard's compartments in the DMBSOs. As well as new windows, etc, etc, etc,

I'd like to see Farish do an Electrostar and a Networker EMU. There have been plenty of liveries for them to issue those in.

Sadly unlikely. The original batch of 4-CEPs and Desiros are still in the shops and they don't seem to think it worth shrinking the 2-EPBs. Sadly I suspect that they will not be doing any more EMUs in the near future. Farish have always claimed that electrics do not sell well and the sales figures from these 2 models (as nice as the models are) seems to support them.

• RMweb Gold

Sadly unlikely. The original batch of 4-CEPs and Desiros are still in the shops and they don't seem to think it worth shrinking the 2-EPBs. Sadly I suspect that they will not be doing any more EMUs in the near future. Farish have always claimed that electrics do not sell well and the sales figures from these 2 models (as nice as the models are) seems to support them.

Despite this oft made claim about electrics not selling well, I wonder why Farish keep producing more if they don't sell! It isn't a new claim and yet we have had the CEP and Desiro produced plus various re-liveries of 87s and 90s....

Despite this oft made claim about electrics not selling well, I wonder why Farish keep producing more if they don't sell! It isn't a new claim and yet we have had the CEP and Desiro produced plus various re-liveries of 87s and 90s....

Yup, I think I made that point on another thread. If you go to Hattons for instance, there's not stock from years past hanging around, BUT the current stuff is priced to move (basically applying more than there normal discount so suddenly they are marked as BARGAINs...) so perhaps giving the appearance of stock that isn't selling.

Archived