Worseter - update

Killybegs

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Killybegs said:

I haven't been entirely  idle in the interim as I did build covers for the fiddle yard. This has allowed me to put out my stock without having to worry about it getting dusty.

Interesting to see an approach at something that is on my to do list over the winter, A couple of questions: Does this have a block on the side as well as from above and what material have you used for the top pannels?

thanks 

R

• Like 1

The top panels are 5mm foam board. They are supported front and back on battens except across the window where they are supported on pads. The sides are supported by strips of 5mm ply fixed to the underside of the cross members.

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Killybegs said:

I haven't been entirely  idle in the interim as I did build covers for the fiddle yard. This has allowed me to put out my stock without having to worry about it getting dusty.

408241427_dustcover04.jpg.aad2df765dc2f55f701b39a0bb235669.jpg

1148009741_dustcover03.jpg.74e135ee28075af225db6f8dee65de16.jpg

A very nice idea. Have been racking brains as to what to do with the board packing pieces when we take Abbotswood out to exhibitions…. Fiddle yard covers will do very nicely! 

2 hours ago, Killybegs said:

The top panels are 5mm foam board. They are supported front and back on battens except across the window where they are supported on pads. The sides are supported by strips of 5mm ply fixed to the underside of the cross members.

Just for info I purchased several A1 sheets from my local Hobbycraft store recently at a cost of 4 for £10. I am sure they can be purchased for less elsewhere but it was the convenience that suited me on this occasion plus I knew that they wouldn't be damaged in the post ! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bgman said:

Just for info I purchased several A1 sheets from my local Hobbycraft store recently at a cost of 4 for £10. I am sure they can be purchased for less elsewhere but it was the convenience that suited me on this occasion plus I knew that they wouldn't be damaged in the post ! 

That's a very competitive price.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, bgman said:

Thanks for that, I think a trip to Hobby Craft is in order at the weekend, will just need to work out how I will adjust the design of the sub structure to allow for the scenic section at the front of my fiddleyard...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...