Cornish China clay small layout.

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

Excuse my stupidity but every search for a trackplan of Trerice leads me to this plan which doesn't seem to fit with either my failing memory of 'fiddleyard on the left' or the online photos of the layout. Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks

TrericePlana.jpg.dbb2ab43f9e802e52d303ddc8c8c5917.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Benson said:

Hi,

Excuse my stupidity but every search for a trackplan of Trerice leads me to this plan which doesn't seem to fit with either my failing memory of 'fiddleyard on the left' or the online photos of the layout. Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks

TrericePlana.jpg.dbb2ab43f9e802e52d303ddc8c8c5917.jpg

A very poor Anyrail sketch of Trerice 

Done in Peco OO so its not got a whole lot of subtlety about it!

tre rice.jpg

Edited by LBRJ

Jack, that plan is one of Iain Rice's plans and was part of a series of 3 layouts designed to go in a wall using the same fiddleyard. 

Sadly there's very little of Trerice online. 

There's a bit on gwr.co.uk and scale four showcase website and a few short videos on YouTube. 

Guest Jack Benson

Hi and thanks guys,

I remember Trerice with great affection as the sort of layout that is both realistic and do-able in a limited space, a very difficult achievement.

My available space is just 84"x13.5" on two boards, Iain's plan of a loop across the board is impractical so the loop will run across the clay dries. Just enough to provide some operation in keeping with the nature of the location, the scenic break will be adapted from Hellandbridge crossing (where else?).

Simpleplan_1_800.jpg.708f7bd49bf1ed525b155c1ccb3a2319.jpg

IMG_6442.jpg.1d241c7440acbf931add6719bf01c095.jpg

StaySafe

Edited by Jack Benson