Acro / Nucro / Teaness

random

I am not sure what the relationship between these names was, but at some point in time, some of the products seemed to be the same. To start off a couple of pictures of an Acro Prairie. I think it only came as a kit unless you know better. As far as I am aware, this was the only cast loco they did but they did do some brass kits including a 2P and a 4F.

This Prairie has been nicely built and detailed. You can always tell an Acro Prairie from the huge rivets! The roof also looks a bit tall. This model has the original cast chassis but they are sometimes found with others:

post-9438-0-63154900-1391984006_thumb.jpg

post-9438-0-63154900-1391984006_thumb.jpg

post-9438-0-38143100-1391984035_thumb.jpg

I must sort out a chassis for mine! she came painted (badly) in green, but is now in black which seems to make the rivets a little less conspicuous.

The T & S bogies are rather very crude and come fitted with the Nucro springing unit (or something very similar) which suggests a close link. If I can find the ones I have I'll post some photos, though they have lost the springing units (what they were bought for!). AFAIK they mate the only representation to date of the GWR volute spring bogies of around 1910. It's a shame they are so poor. The later series of Nucro bogies (still with the springing unit) are much better.

Some 1955 Nucro ads.  Spot the deliberate (?) mistake.

post-807-0-82753300-1392296482_thumb.jpg

Spring units and bogies.

post-807-0-53165200-1392296544.jpg

'Indefinite reliable perfect running' eh?

post-807-0-87980300-1392296587_thumb.jpg

EM wheels now available.  Actually a Bradshaws advert including the 'new' S&B crane which was a nice little model.

Found the deliberate mistake yet?

Nurco? I'm not sure about the "correctly coloured" either.

I have the S & B crane (our local station in Italy in the late seventies (Diano Marina) had a similar one painted yellow). It does actually work but the cast gears don't mesh very well.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may be one? 

attachicon.gifOld Tank Wagon.A.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality.

I think I've also got the parts for another.

Could be one if the tank ends are cast with the supports and the brake shoes are the rather odd looking square blocks (unless of course they have been filed to clear the wheels). Thanks for posting.

• 2 months later...

The Tank Wagon was sold through Hamblings and I still have one mounted on the card as shown. However a couple of weeks ago Two similar Tankers were sold on eBay and they were made by Victor J Farrgas!! I jest not!!

From the looks of the label it has been stuck over the original so whether is was originally a Farrgas or Hamblings Model I can't say.

I have about Half a Dozen Tankers of this ilk already made up and in various liveries. I must get them photographed sometime.

The Tank Wagon was sold through Hamblings and I still have one mounted on the card as shown. However a couple of weeks ago Two similar Tankers were sold on eBay and they were made by Victor J Farrgas!! I jest not!!

From the looks of the label it has been stuck over the original so whether is was originally a Farrgas or Hamblings Model I can't say.

I have about Half a Dozen Tankers of this ilk already made up and in various liveries. I must get them photographed sometime.

I've copied the photos of the Farcas (Incorrect previous spelling!) Tank Wagons from eBay if they are of any interest. I've still to find and photograph my own hord of such things!post-8846-0-81768200-1428541165_thumb.jpgpost-8846-0-98818400-1428541176_thumb.jpg

Archived