Bassette Lowke 00 models

random

I am not sure what Bassette Lowke scale 00 models were made - I do know of an underground train but all I can offer is this chassis that I am reliably informed is Bassette Lowke. Wheels look like Romford but I do not think they are:

post-9438-0-24588900-1392056519.jpg

post-9438-0-84157100-1392056529.jpg

That's interesting,  I posted up a picture of an O gauge Basset Lowke chassis and was asked if the wheels were Romfords.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/76162-bassett-lowke-0-6-0/

As I assumed from the responses that they were not the originals I turned them down to a little closer to scale and insulated them.  It's currently my only fully working loco.

Romford wheels have straight across balance weights* (at least the earlier ones - I believe later ones don't have any, which would save a lot of tedious filing), whereas these have a better shape, Therefore I doubt they are Romford. though they appear similar. The screw fixings wheel/axle in particular.

* I am not aware of any prototype locomotive with balance weights like Romfords.

I would assume that this chassis is for GWR 28xx or LMS 8F, though we have a surfeit of spokes for either (Are the wheels 18mm in diameter?)

Archived