View new content not working?

It's working fine for me. Have you checked your selections in the Tabs on the left of the page? "By content type", "By time period" and "Other"? RMWeb remembers my selections and by default I usually select "Forums", "New since my last visit" and I don't bother with "Other".

Under "By content type" I find that if I have "Members" rather than "Forums" accidentally selected, RMWeb can often return a "Sorry, no new content found" message.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm suddenly getting this now and I've checked all the tabs on the left hand side of the page.

Tried various combinations but if I select 'just items I follow' it doesn't deselect 'filter by forum' and get rows of errors at the top of the page, example below.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/applications/forums/extensions/search/engines/sql.php:379) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/applications/forums/extensions/search/engines/sql.php:379) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Eddie

I'm suddenly getting this now and I've checked all the tabs on the left hand side of the page.

Tried various combinations but if I select 'just items I follow' it doesn't deselect 'filter by forum' and get rows of errors at the top of the page, example below.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/applications/forums/extensions/search/engines/sql.php:379) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/applications/forums/extensions/search/engines/sql.php:379) in /home/rmwebco/public_html/community/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Eddie

You'd got all sorts of permutations selected, some of which conflicted with each other so that you wouldn't get any results returned. Not sure what's given the error message but I've just gone in and adjusted your selections. It works OK at this end; click on View New Content at your end and see if that's shifted it.

You'd got all sorts of permutations selected, some of which conflicted with each other so that you wouldn't get any results returned. Not sure what's given the error message but I've just gone in and adjusted your selections. It works OK at this end; click on View New Content at your end and see if that's shifted it.

Ok now Andy, many thanks.

Eddie

• RMweb Gold

It was better when the 'Other' category wasn't sticky and would default back to none selected on arrival on the site. Now it will always come back to whatever I last used.

Andi

Any chance of a reply???????

I've been on the road for two days.  :scratchhead:

1. Whilst you're on a laptop/desktop go to VNC and make sure the left-hand column uses these settings.

VNCcolumn.jpg

2. If the problem persists Change Theme (from the very bottom of the page) and select RMweb_2013 and see if the issue is still there.

Anyway; you didn't give enough info for anyone else to help to say what sort of mobile or browser you were using.

Andy Thank you for your reply, I am back on RMWeb14 theme as 13 made no difference. I have now realised that the issue was that it is defaulting to "Other" I have now selected the option that was highlighted and it has turned off and is working fine. I will do the same on my android phone later and hopefully fix that, thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have now got the same problem (on Safari in my case).  It started yesterday evening and is now very firmly stuck with the problem seeming to be that it won't move off 'Subjects I started' in the selection box at the bottom on the left.  I have clicked several times on the 'All forums' option in the drop down menu from that box and it won'y change - indeed in that box it shows 'All Forums' with a tick next to it.  I've changed the theme to 2013 but it has no effect either, I've altered the period box and it also has no effect and doesn't accept the change.

The only thing i haven't done (I think) is hit the Mac with a lump hammer  - the problem seems to be at the forum end of things.

UPDATE I have now managed to change it from 'Items I statrted' to 'Items I Have Participated In' but it won't accept being altered to all forukms for some reason.

• RMweb Gold

Further to above I think I have now rectified the problem - somehow it got itself (not me guv, honest) onto only viewing items I had posted and I've only now realised that I can simply undo that by clicking on the highlighted bit.  Duly self-adminished, quill pens were much simpler (once you'd caught the swan).

edit to correct typo

Archived