Hornby appoint new CEO

Andy Y

It's good that we can have a frank and clear exchange on these issues.

As I recall, a "Frank and clear exchange of views"  in this context involves a toe to toe, nose to nose screaming contest with added flying spittle and the chance of coronaries for both parties.

Its entertaining viewing, but you DO need to bring ear defenders!

You forgot to add "going forward".  And the potential of flexible income stream realisation in the context of on going asset management and the near-term influence of a capital float bearing on the mid-term risk profile for the group, given the potential of the above synergies and brand equity..

The opinion I gave a few messages ago was more a reaction to the style of language used in the article in the link than anything else.

It's good that we can have a frank and clear exchange on these issues.

"Going Forward", I hate this one with a vengeance.

'Now then retards, what you really mean is "in (the) future" - not too difficult was it?!'

... and relax ...

Glenn

Wonder if they play Bulls**t Bingo in the boardroom at Hornby !!

You have forgotten  " Quantum Leap "  a good old BT favourite!  When I looked it up in the dictionary a Quantum was defined as the smallest measurable particle.  In other words a microscopically small step for mankind.  Also " singing from the same hymn sheet ".

Roger.

Bullshit%20Bingo.jpg

"Going Forward", I hate this one with a vengeance.

'Now then retards, what you really mean is "in (the) future" - not too difficult was it?!'

... and relax ...

That's not what it means. There's implied progress along a discussed course of action.

Mind you, if that card is someone's idea of BS Bingo, they've never actually been exposed to real business BS...

We need to move forward by engaging with a consultants to carry out a full SWOT (strengths weakness opportunities and threats ) review so that we can combine in harmonic synergies the corporate diversities of the operation leading to a broad consensus of a short to medium term strategy. 

(someone did actually say this to me once!!!!!)

Dear Richard Ames,

From opinions expressed on RMWEB all yourself and Hornby need to do is the following:

Produce a constant supply of your product.

Produce a constant supply of new  models from every Railway Company that ever existed.

Produce your models to the highest prototypical accuracy.

Produce your models in all possible liveries.

Oh and sell 'em dirt cheap.

That can't be so hard can it?

We need to move forward by engaging with a consultants to carry out a full SWOT (strengths weakness opportunities and threats ) review so that we can combine in harmonic synergies the corporate diversities of the operation leading to a broad consensus of a short to medium term strategy. 

(someone did actually say this to me once!!!!!)

However we must get all our ducks in a row with some out of the box blue sky thinking!

I always hated the use of the word "key" as a noun.  I became used to "key issues" but to be told that something was "key" annoyed me as much as the use by weather forecasters of "advisory" as a noun when there is a perfectly good word, "advice".  My day was made some years ago in a meeting when there was a dispute over whether something was actually "key" or not.  One protagonist ended the discussion by stating emphatically that it was "sub-key" . . .

I really feel that all the conjecture over Hornby's future as well as that of its management may well be described as "sub-key".

All IMHO, of course!

Stan

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps it might be better if Richard Ames avoids the management buzz-word, "out-sourcing"when he takes over the helm at Hornby. :jester: A phrase that may not be all that popular at the moment.

Hold up... Isn't that what Hornby will be doing by retaining Simon Kohler's services as a consultant after he leaves Hornby on 31 March?

I always hated the use of the word "key" as a noun.  I became used to "key issues" but to be told that something was "key" annoyed me as much as the use by weather forecasters of "advisory" as a noun when there is a perfectly good word, "advice".  My day was made some years ago in a meeting when there was a dispute over whether something was actually "key" or not.  One protagonist ended the discussion by stating emphatically that it was "sub-key" . . .

I really feel that all the conjecture over Hornby's future as well as that of its management may well be described as "sub-key".

All IMHO, of course!

Stan

Ah, an opinion shared.

Sub-optimally, that is, with downstream efficiencies in production dynamics and revenue enhancement.

In my not very exhaustive dealings with Hornby (my pictures on some collectors' items) I have had nothing but good rapport from Simon K and the rest of the company resembled, I'm afraid to say, Ricky Gervais'  'The Office'.

typo edit

Archived