Signal wiring diagrams

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for a 4 aspect colour light signal. I'm scratch building a couple in 2mm scale using LED's but wiring has never been my strong point!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom.

Right.... If you provide me with your email address, I can send over a wiring diagram, but for now, I will write it all out.

Each LED will have a possitive and a negative. Join the red, bottom yellow and green negative wires to gether, and add a resistor (need to ask around, I don't know what resistor you would require). Then with the top yellow, that has to be seperate. Add another resistor to that, and then join the 2 negatives (one from the green, yellow and red - and the other from the top yellow) together, and put that to the negative output on your transformer.

You will require a rotary switch, 2 pole 6 way rotary switch is what you require. Wire the positive from the red to number 1 on the switch (all marked out on the switch), yellow to numbers 2 and 3, green to number 4. The top yellow goes to number 9, so its opposite number 3. The reason you need the top yellow to have a seperate resistor, is because its going to be working with the other yellow, so if they were working on one resistor, the lower yellow would nick all of the power. Also, the top yellow is on number 9 so it workes with number 3, making a double yellow signal aspect!

There are two prongs in the middle of the rotary switch, join them both up, and connect them to a possitive output on your transformer.

A lot to take in, but its so simple once you see the diagram (PM me your email address if you want the diagram).

Hope this helps

Jack

Archived