Blueball Summit

andy stroud

• RMweb Premium

Just echoing the other comments, your work shows how good N gauge can be.

I may have missed it in the thread but what did you use for the stone walling (in the garden picture above) and what static grasses/applicator did you use?

I may have missed it in the thread but what did you use for the stone walling (in the garden picture above) and what static grasses/applicator did you use

The stone walling is by Ancorton. I bought mine at the model shop on the South Devon Railway.

Totally Amazing!

This is fast becoming one of my favourite layouts. 

What's the chances of an HST making an appearance?  I'm guessing they're out of the time period concerned?

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul. I do actually have a full length HST waiting to be prepared for the layout. I also have a few mark1s to do as well. I will see how close I can get them to couple whilst still being able to go round the 4ft diameter curves that lead into the storage roads.  As regarding time periods, I'm thinking of one being early to mid 1970's. Hydraulics etc and the odd green diesel . A second time period of around 1981/2. This is the period that I remember well myself. Large logo class 50s starting to appear and also a fair bit of traditional vacuum braked or even unfitted freight working still to be seen.

Edited by andy stroud
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

As has been said before this shows what can be achieved in N and has been a very enjoyable read as well as inspiring. Superb scratchbilding and to me really does bring back memories of be blue. I look forward to your development at the front of the layout.

• Like 1

I'll start by saying, how have I missed this layout?? 

This is superb modelling; some of  the best I've seen in N/2mm. I've spent a very enjoyable 40 minutes reading through your work on Blueball Summit  and have lost count of the number of times I could have hit the  "likes" and "craftsmanship" buttons.

The viaduct and buildings look fantastic, the weathering on the locos and stock is really well done and the photos of the full scenic length show what a very impressive layout you're building.

I'll look forward to seeing progress on the layout - your idea for a large mill/factory should work well. 

Regards

Alan  

I'll start by saying, how have I missed this layout?? 

Me too. But now I know, it's on my follow list.

It's an awesome layout, superb modelling and with a lovely flow to the design. Destined to be considered and remembered as one of the great layouts in N gauge.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

G.

Hi Andy,

I can only echo was has already been said so many times already (and quite right too)... this is a superb piece of modelling and a credit to your skills.

Love seeing the pair of tractors and it really does remind me of the early 80's.  Something else you might want to add to your locos when you detail them is the grease on the buffer heads... just a thought.

Many thanks for sharing this and looking forward to the mill being built.

Cheers

Lee

Your ballasting looks lovely and fine too, would you mind sharing how you've achieved such a good look?

Hi. I have used fine sand that is sold for going in the bottom of fish tanks. It is marketed as 'Unipac aqua gravel'  and the actual product is called 'Aquaruim silver sand'. The bag was about £7 and there should be enough for several layouts yet! There are lots of sands and gravels available for fish tanks and most of them are nowhere as fine as this stuff. I bought mine from a graden center at Whitminster, a few miles south of Gloucester on the A38. By the way I had a look at your Flickr pictures and your N gauge models look very nice indeed.

andy

Edited by andy stroud

• 3 weeks later...