Announcement: new BRM Managing Editor

SteveCole

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

[quote

Up the Owls!

Not sure but fairly certain this sort of thing is still an offence in most parts of the British Isles.......

Rob

• 2 months later...

Hi Ben, I knew where you were going because you told me when you were at MR, but I kept it to myself. Like many things and goings on at MR that I keep to myself.

If anyone on here asked me of juicy tit bits of the private goings on at MR, then my reply would be, Can you keep a secret, if they can, good, so can I.

I wish you every success Ben and hope you have a wonderful and fulfilling time in your new role.

Roy.

Hi Ben, I knew where you were going because you told me when you were at MR, but I kept it to myself. Like many things and goings on at MR that I keep to myself.

If anyone on here asked me of juicy tit bits of the private goings on at MR, then my reply would be, Can you keep a secret, if they can, good, so can I.

I wish you every success Ben and hope you have a wonderful and fulfilling time in your new role.

Roy.

Hi,

I think that there is lots going on in the mainstream mags at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing what the new kids on the block will be like too.

ATVB

CME

I grew up on Heath Rd, in between Halifax Rd and Foxhill Rd. It's nickname was Bunkers Hill because it was a small but steep hill. 

Very steep. One of my best mates lived at the top of Heath Road, so I used to spend a lot of time round there. Never, ever heard it called Bunkers Hill though. I still call in at Trafalgar Road chippy on my way to the match. Best fishcakes in the area! We lived at the junction of Parson Cross Rd and Foxhill Rd.

Very steep. One of my best mates lived at the top of Heath Road, so I used to spend a lot of time round there. Never, ever heard it called Bunkers Hill though. I still call in at Trafalgar Road chippy on my way to the match. Best fishcakes in the area! We lived at the junction of Parson Cross Rd and Foxhill Rd.

Benjamin,

at your time of life is it not time you grew out of such bad habits.

No not eating Fishcakes, but watching Wednesday.  Come on you  Rangers.  QPR that is for the uninitiated.

Regards,Derek.  (Long time no see )

• 3 weeks later...

QPR? Is that a football team? I seem to recall that despite the truly staggering wage bill they were just a bunch of very unhappy, argumentative individuals at Hillsborough last season.

Saturday was a big surprise (or should that be MASSIVE?) - I don't think many Wednesdayites expected anything from that trip. Took us 17 matches to get a win last season, so it's already better than last year. UTO!

Ouch Ben,

Not good! Not good at all! Lol

Mind you after last years lucky win against Arry's blue and white army you are very confident.

I'm just glad I missed it and went home early :-)

Oh, and at least we are In the premier, albeit more than likely for 1 season ;-)

Good to hear from you Ben. Football aside I am really pleased for you with your career.

Still supporting Rangers, After all those years.  :scratchhead: 48.

Kind Regards, Derek.

After 49 years even I know it's 'come on you Rrrrsssss', tut tut Derek ;-)

• RMweb Gold

As another Hoop as they are also known, c'mon you 'oops...

Taking bets now on how long it will take for Joey to get sent off for the first time this season.

Kevin

Taking bets now on how long it will take for Joey to get sent off for the first time this season.

Kevin

It's a sucker bet mate, very short odds I think especially as you only have to walk past another player with a yard gap in the premier to get sent off.

I remember Joey looking at someone face to face a yard apart a couple of years back and the ref sent him off as he 'suspected' Joey was about to head but him. Lol

Cheers

Dave

Kevin

78.5 hours from now unfortunately. :butcher:

Although Mr Hoddle could point Joey in a new direction. :no:

Down the school end when we stuffed Tranmere 9-2 and Bernard Evans (Welsh International) even had the Ref laughing as he gave him a Booking, after cleaning a handful of mud from their Centre Half's Eyes.

Regards,Derek.

It's a sucker bet mate, very short odds I think especially as you only have to walk past another player with a yard gap in the premier to get sent off.

I remember Joey looking at someone face to face a yard apart a couple of years back and the ref sent him off as he 'suspected' Joey was about to head but him. Lol

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

I think it's called intent.

Regards,Del.

PS. hows about an update on the 7mm Class 23 please.

78.5 hours from now unfortunately. :butcher:

Although Mr Hoddle could point Joey in a new direction. :no:

Down the school end when we stuffed Tranmere 9-2 and Bernard Evans (Welsh International) even had the Ref laughing as he gave him a Booking, after cleaning a handful of mud from their Centre Half's Eyes.

Regards,Derek.

School end? Pah! The loft is the only end mate, school end's for away boys and girls.

Dave,

I think it's called intent.

Regards,Del.

PS. hows about an update on the 7mm Class 23 please.

Intent? Yeah I've heard of it. But you could argue that as a ref for 75% of the players on the pitch during the match if you wanted to.

The fact is he didn't touch him, didn't move in a threatening way and just stood there.

That's bad refereeing mate, full stop! :-)

Dave,

I am in complete agreement with you and he was hard done by against Man City when Tevez should have gone as well as Joey and another City player would not have had grounds to complain if he had followed them.

Barton's reputation gets him into these situations which is a shame,but such is life.

Regards,Del.

I worked very close to Loftus Road a few years ago. We decided that QPR stood for Quite Pathetic Really! Went to see them once with a work colleague, their best player was Vinny Jones, who played for them briefly before he started appearing in films.

Incidentally, they had a fanzine called 'One Up the R's', I don't know if it's still published though.  

Vinnie Jones? Really?

He was bought in towards the end of the season along side, I believe Stuart Pierce, and by then we were already adrift at the bottom and got relegated.

The fanzine 'A kick up the Rs' still exists, but the other 2 don't I'm afraid.

'All quiet on the western avenue' was sold by the "famous" Pete Doherty, and I remember him flogging me a couple of fanzines himself.

'In the loft' also fell by the wayside unfortunately, but there's only ever been those 3 mate.

• 1 month later...

Archived