Great update mate

Nice work on the ground signal and shark brake van ,

And really like the map it's great to be able to see where you've set your layout , it really gives it purpose

Looking forward to your progress

Brian

Well I've listed my other 25 on Classifieds, so set about sticking both of them on the wheel cleaner ready if they sell!!!!!! :locomotive:
So I thought I'd have a mess about around the TMD. Earlier I'd weathered the rest of the concrete area with Jaz's mucky water method, and I'd put the remainder of the yellow lines along the hazard edges. I'm off tomorrow, so some ballasting might ensue!!!

A view across towards the TMD buildings from the far end 26037, 47508 and 37034 in residence........

post-14906-0-18921300-1410979041_thumb.jpg

Moving across to the left sees 37034 sharing the running shed with 108 DMU M50948.....

post-14906-0-04016100-1410979062_thumb.jpg

A sideways view across the end of the two buildings.......

post-14906-0-38142000-1410979074_thumb.jpg

47508 and 26037 sit ready for their next duties.........

post-14906-0-19098000-1410979089_thumb.jpg

Now you'd think a BR fitter would know better than buy himself an Austin 'All Agro' wouldn't you? No :no:, and he has to push it the last bit in the car park as it won't start once it's warm!!!!!!! :stinker: :drag:

post-14906-0-05801000-1410979105_thumb.jpg

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Yes I think some ballasting is in order tomorrow, unless Mrs Jinty wants lunch out again!!!!!!!! :O

Jinty ;-)

Looking very nice, my only sort-of negative comment would be that 47508 wasn't fitted with ploughs, at least not in blue livery.

Keep up the good work

IC125

EDIT: Did you use Kadee No. 20s? On my friends i did and I couldn't make it work with all the pipes.

Yes you're quite right, 508 never had ploughs!!!! But due to the previous winter being harsh, Bristol decided to fit some and dedicate 508 to Birmingham/Manchester cross country routes!!!!! :jester: :jester:

As for the Kadees, on most of my locos I use No.19's. The smallest radius (apart from the slips) is 30", so if you lean the pipework outwards a bit, the Kadee will miss.

The only locos that needs smaller Kadees are the 108's, where I use an 18 and a 17, and the 60, where an 18 is needed.

Thanks for the comments

Jinty ;-)

Yes you're quite right, 508 never had ploughs!!!! But due to the previous winter being harsh, Bristol decided to fit some and dedicate 508 to Birmingham/Manchester cross country routes!!!!! :jester: :jester:

As for the Kadees, on most of my locos I use No.19's. The smallest radius (apart from the slips) is 30", so if you lean the pipework outwards a bit, the Kadee will miss.

The only locos that needs smaller Kadees are the 108's, where I use an 18 and a 17, and the 60, where an 18 is needed.

Thanks for the comments

Jinty ;-)

Always nice to have set of "big" snow ploughs to hand jinty :no:

Always nice to have set of "big" snow ploughs to hand jinty :no:

He He He!!!!! ;)

Talking of big ploughs............. :imsohappy: :imsohappy:

Fitted acouple on my 37/0 this evening, as well as the MU cable.

She needs a boiler blanking plate now, but I might just fill the hole, smooth it down and paint it!!!

post-14906-0-59935900-1411151062_thumb.jpg

A couple of departures and an arrival........

47710 arriving with the Bristol train, formed of a mixture of Mk2A's and Mk1's.

post-14906-0-22217400-1411151076_thumb.jpg

37427, departing with the Wolverhampton - Wrexbury Marsh service consisting of Mk1 stock

post-14906-0-16045300-1411151090_thumb.jpg

And finally 47331 leaving Wrexbury with a Speedlink service to Dee Marsh sidings...

post-14906-0-87999700-1411151102_thumb.jpg

You can't beat having an hour's play with your trains after a hard day at work!!! :imsohappy: :yes:

Jinty

Hi Jinty ..... got any 56's in your stock roster ?  :friends: if not I know you will have in about 3 hours time  :good:

See you later 

Craig.

Great to meet you again yesterday Craig, again, just sorry it couldn't have been for longer, but I'm sure we'll sort something out soon!!!! :good:

Well after a deal for a 56 that has been going on for bloody ages (no one off here)!!, is it available?, isn't it?  Can I have my refund please????? Still waiting!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Craig came along with this one last week, and as everything else has been perfect, this was too, so thanks again Muddysblues. :good:

Had a wedding to attend yesterday and work today, so no playing trains!!!!!!!

Got a crap chip in it at the moment, but an ESU for both this and the RF 31 on payday (which can't come soon enough after my car decided it wanted some money as well :O!!!!!).

56037 "Richard Trevithick" in TTG livery pulls into Wrexbury with a test run from Crewe......

post-14906-0-55860500-1411311983_thumb.jpg

And then sits on shed with more type 5 company........

post-14906-0-88775400-1411311995_thumb.jpg

I must slow down with loco purchases, and start buying other things, but it's just so hard when these offers come along, there will be another couple of additions next week too!!!!!!!! :O :o

Jinty ;-)

Great to meet you again yesterday Craig, again, just sorry it couldn't have been for longer, but I'm sure we'll sort something out soon!!!! :good:

Well after a deal for a 56 that has been going on for bloody ages (no one off here)!!, is it available?, isn't it?  Can I have my refund please????? Still waiting!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Craig came along with this one last week, and as everything else has been perfect, this was too, so thanks again Muddysblues. :good:

Had a wedding to attend yesterday and work today, so no playing trains!!!!!!!

Got a crap chip in it at the moment, but an ESU for both this and the RF 31 on payday (which can't come soon enough after my car decided it wanted some money as well :O!!!!!).

56037 "Richard Trevithick" in TTG livery pulls into Wrexbury with a test run from Crewe......

attachicon.gifWRX347.jpg

And then sits on shed with more type 5 company........

attachicon.gifWRX348.jpg

I must slow down with loco purchases, and start buying other things, but it's just so hard when these offers come along, there will be another couple of additions next week too!!!!!!!! :O :o

Jinty ;-)

Looks good Jinty, was the crap chip in the 56 a Hornby one ?

Happy modelling

Craig.

Looks good Jinty, was the crap chip in the 56 a Hornby one ?

Happy modelling

Craig.

Hi Craig,

No the 56 didn't have a chip, but yes I had one of Hornby's cheap and nasties laying around so stuck it in for now!!!

Nice motive power

David

Hi David,

Thanks, yes, well type 5 power was on the cards, just a couple more, at some point in the future!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Great that you've got a Class 56 Jinty, I'd like to get one in Metals sector livery myself but fail to find one at the right price. I've just purchased another Heljan 47 for Pendeford and all will be revealed as soon as it arrives.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I'm sure you'll find one eventually, it took a while for me to find one, I do want one of the new releases in L/Logo later this year too!!!

I'll look forward to seeing your Heljan 47!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

I'm in trouble, the wife has put an ASBO :scared:  on your thread blaming yourself for my splurge on another "47" (yes she has recognized a Class 47...)  :O  :scared:

I'm in trouble, the wife has put an ASBO :scared:  on your thread blaming yourself for my splurge on another "47" (yes she has recognized a Class 47...)  :O  :scared:

Oh dear,

Well if it's any help, tell her I'm insane or something, and I was referring to Tomato soup (oh dear, that's 57, not 47!!!!!) :crazy:

or tell her that she takes such excellent pictures you're likely to win the "How realistic are your models" thread with her great photography of your new 47!!!! :prankster:

Or we'll just have to start using code, now where did I put that Enigma contraption???? :drag: :secret:

Jinty ;-)

Archived