52 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a livery!

• Regional Railways
    • Blue
    • Blue Grey (black bufferbeam)
    • Blue Grey with NSE logos
    • Blue Grey (red bufferbeam)

Greetings all,

It has been ages since I have updated this thread, but progress is limited due to lack of time. I was at the Exeter Model Railway show today and will be tomorrow (I am helping operate EXE MRS's layout Okehampton and the DCC Demo layout), and the Chairman, Dave Roberts, gave me an old Hornby 47 he had which had been cannibalised to fix other loco a which were being sold, so it is a non runner. It will have the Lima chassis from 47 406 fitted and 47406 will have the original Hornby chassis frame fitted, but with a Bachmann class 37 mechanism (motor, bogies, gear towers and shafts) I picked up some Lima class 47 bogie frames to replace the class 37 pattern ones on the Bachmann bogies. These have been fitted (photos Monday) and I will get some plasticard tomorrow to make mounts for the bogies. I payed £15 for the motor/bogies, but it will need new cardan shafts as they have been lengthened. It runs very smoothly so will be a great improvement on the Hornby and Lima chassis, and more powerful too (has 8 wheel drive as opposed to 4 and all wheel pickup) Tomorrow I will also be getting a Mainline class 56 for the bargain price of £15! It is already detailed too, they have another one for £20 almost identical but I'm not allowed two, otherwise they would both be mine! It is 56079 in BR blue livery. I have also taken some more photos of Temple Meads 00 (link in signature) so they will be up on Monday, but they aren't great as I had the wrong lense with me.

All the best, IC125

Forgot to post this earlier, my idea for lighting the blue grey rake. Power will be supplied from this vehicle through the connector which will power the lights in the other coaches with a wire between them. I haven't decided whether to use rechargeable batteries or power from the track yet.

14421587274_b0a8c82219_b.jpg

Lima Intercity MK1 BG with lighting mods by firstbusphotos, on Flickr

Where did you get that connector from please?

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you get that connector from please?

Sorry it took a while to reply, I can't remember where I got it, I think I took it out of something. There are many connectors available, rapid electronics may be a good place to start. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

IC125

Archived