salmonpastures

12 hours ago, westerner said:

Certinly a beast of an engine. Can't wait to see it on Tuesday.

Thanks Alan,,, its taken long enough!!! but now it is nearly there I am quite please with the end result.

Looking forward to Tuesday,, let's hope we can remember how it all works!!!

SAD☹️ 

12 hours ago, gr.king said:

I was hoping I'd be in North Norfolk for a few days holiday around the date of the Sheringham show, so that I could call in and say hello. Alas, it looks like any such holiday arrangements will have to delayed until later in September, if we get there at all.  I'm not at all sure about the alternative of attempting a special one-day Saturday trip for the NNR and the show when it will still technically be "school holidays" and the route from here involves the A17 and A148 holiday makers' route. I might get there only just in time to set off home again...

Thats a great shame Graeme,,, I sympathise with the rigours of the A17!!! on many trips to see my parents in Sheffield it was a real pain in the posterior,,, and needless to say it has not improved AT  ALL since they departed and that was 20+ years ago.

However,,, in an attempt to tempt you I did find it much easier if I left early,,,, the problem is September brings out all the tractors and the people who insist on driving at 40mph to look at the Autumnal Shades,, [get a life will yer!!!]

Once again we have to say,,, "there will be another time"

SAD☹️

• 1 month later...

Well the first show in very nearly 7 years came and went ,,,,oh,,, so quickly!!!thumbnail_IMG_4191.jpg.ab645b068b68e48631a158005ab66dda.jpg

And just to prove it here is a shot of myself and the Mad Hatter,,,, concentrating as hard as we can to keep a straight face.

We had a gremlin or 2,,, but no surprise as we hadn't thrown the layout in the back of  van for some considerable time.

It was discussed while we were there that the main shed would be a much better spectacle if we could have more than one loco moving at any given time,,,, "no problem" say's I,,, perhaps over full of enthusiasm.

So on returning to the garage I set about the simple task of converting the main shed from 1 to 2 controllers!!!

Who's bloomin idea was that!!!! 

2 sleepless nights out of the last 4,,, and I have spent the bulk of the last 4 days daylight "doubled and dutched" under the layout with a torch in one hand and a soldering iron in the other,,,, not a good idea if you are wearing shorts and have lost your favourite modelling glasses,,,,, OUCH!!!

Needless to say I picked the hottest week of the year for this sudden spurt of enthusiasm ,,, the garage was a balmy 38 degs on Thursday,,,,, still it makes a change from me complaining about how cold the garage is.

But less than a week since we were "on Show" at the M&GNR Society annual exhibition the "operationally improved Salmon Pastures" is now officially complete,,,, and I celebrated with 4 of the nicest pint's of Timothy Taylors Landlord Bitter I have tasted for some time,,,, I do enjoy a good exhibition.

Many thanks to,,, Alan for your assistance and the usual high quality photo and to Neville the "Mad Hatter" for just being yourself.

I just cannot wait for the next one!!

SAD☹️

• Like 9