Latest edition to the fleet is the Kernow Model Rail Centre exclusive model of 83301 which worked as part of a test train formed in 1990 to test the new Eurostar bogies. The Model comes with standard bogies so I have been replacing these with the sides from Hornby Eurostar bogies which have been modified to remove components which were not fitted at test stage. I 3D printed an adapter plate to fit to the model which worked really well. I am working on a set of etches for the steps to be added to the bogies

032.JPG

033.JPG

038.JPG

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 3 months later...

Latest project is crane KDS3149 this was mounted on a warwell wagon which was use by the S&T department and was classed as an equipment carrier and used for relay cabinets and the like. This is now used on the Mid Hants Railway albeit painted Green

007.JPG

010.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

11 minutes ago, LongRail said:

Latest project is crane KDS3149 this was mounted on a warwell wagon which was use by the S&T department and was classed as an equipment carrier and used for relay cabinets and the like. This is now used on the Mid Hants Railway albeit painted Green

007.JPG

010.JPG

Don't suppose you fancy shrinking these down to N Gauge do you??

Please, pretty please, on bended knee begging please :P:P:P

Cheers

Neal. 

Neal they print ok as N guage I was surprised that even the steps came out and are exceptionally fine and rather delicate I used my piercing saw to separate the component from the supports. I based the dimensions on the Oxford warwell for the main printed section they can be easily filled so I assume you can amend them. I will PM you

1 hour ago, LongRail said:

OO and N guage 

the steps are very very small

060.JPG.f2c915d885eec308ad34dd9fb48974d6.JPG

Gary,

They look great.

I'll be using an N Gauge Society Warwell, just one question: Do the Departmental Warwell have Diamond Frame or GP22.5 bogies?? I only ask as the NGS does both and the mounting points are slightly different on the model.

https://www.ngsjoin.com/kit-50a-wd-warwell-ngsk0500-831-p.asp

https://www.ngsjoin.com/kit-50b-warwell---post-1976-ngsk0501-836-p.asp

Cheers

Neal.