Cleethorpes Model Railway Exhibition 2014

nimbamoss

Cleethorpes Model railway Society cordially invite you to our 2014Eexhibition at the Memorial Hall Cleethorpes.

post-7092-0-50643300-1393004160_thumb.jpg

:

Disability access: Yes
Car parking: Yes

Organising body: Cleethorpes Model Railway Society
Organiser: Nigel Gill 58 Sherwood Road Grimsby, Lincolnshire,DN34 5TJ Tel: 01472 879329 Mobile 07935 762320 E-mail: nigel_gill@btinternet.com

EXHIBITING LAYOUTS

Saxby  OOgauge    1960's BR Steam
Hobbs Warren   Ogauge   BR Steam/Diesel
   Ironstone Lane Ngauge BR Diesel 2000+  
Meopham East Junction  OOgauge  BR 1960's
Waterloo Road  OOgauge BR Steam
Margery Street  OOgauge 1970's Blue Diesel
Grime Street
  Ngauge  

Boston Frodsham  P4Gauge
Rowland Road OOGauge BR Diesel 1990+

DEMONSTRATIONS

Scalefour Members

TRADE STANDS

Caistor Loco   Model Railway Shop from the heart of the Lincolnshire Wolds
D&E Video/D.C. Kits
Modellers Mate
Going Loco    New & Used models

Venue:-

Memorial Hall

Grimsby Road

Cleethorpes

DN35 8AH

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Cleethorpes+Memorial+Hall+Trust/@53.5610603,-0.035877,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x487882cd6f53b6b1:0xb1047797d248a61f

Opening times

SATURDAY 10th MAY 10.00-17.00

SUNDAY 11th MAY 10.00-16.0

Prices:

Adults £3.50

Concessions £2.00

Children £1.50

Family 2+2 £8.00

Organiser: Nigel Gill

58 Sherwood Road

Grimsby,

Lincolnshire,

DN34 5TJ

Tel: 01472 879329

Mobile 07935 762320

E-mail: nigel_gill@btinternet.com

More layouts to be confirmed.

• 3 weeks later...

As I most recently undestood it, none of the local scalefour members who attend the monthly group meetings are aware of any confirmed invitation this year. Are only those S4 modellers also in the Cleethorpes Model Railway club included in the show, or has somebody failed to communicate?

• 4 weeks later...

Updated with more details.

Ian

Sunday will have a heritage bus running from the exhibition to Cleethorpes railway station up to Cleethorpes Leisure  Centre for access to the Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway.

More details to follow.

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to the week-end. Will have three new loco's added to the roster. 2 x J68's with and without condensing gear plus Ipswich based J72. All with sound and Suethe smoke units.

post-5754-0-16692300-1399237051_thumb.jpgpost-5754-0-15589600-1399237084_thumb.jpgpost-5754-0-17900200-1399237124_thumb.jpg

How far are you from the Railway Station walking time-wise lads?

Looks quite close on your map link.

P

Have a look at post No 5 above. It might be raining!

steve

I'm as ready as I will ever be. Roll on Saturday morning. See you there?

Something is bound to go wrong now!

Nah that'll be me, always is......

Few things to sort then off to the sunny east coast tomorrow 

post-7067-0-20833200-1399567304_thumb.jpg

No more than 10mins..... if it takes 15 mins to walk ......your at a very slow pace....wandered in the NO:2 for a pint....or you've managed to get lost on route.....

Hope to see you all at the weekend......

Nige

I'll be attempting to demonstrate, or to actually achieve, a bit of model making at Cleethorpes Exhibition this weekend. I'll endeavour to have with me a representative selection of the items that have appeared in my pages on another forum:

http://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2443&p=100057#p100057

Come and say hello, or something more offensive if you prefer. If there's anything in particular that somebody wants me to have on hand, please let me know before the middle of Friday evening.

Cake quality, fortunately, has not been a problem at Cleethorpes in previous years icon_wink.gif

An enjoyable few hours spent at Cleethorpes today.

Friendly as ever with a fine selection of varied and interesting layouts and I can certainly vouch for the quality of the cakes :imsohappy:

Well done all - a great show, I thought.  A mate and I enjoyed a few hours at there yesterday morning: you certainly packed a lot of modelling into the venue.  Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Paul 

Can i say a BIG thankyou to the exhibitors, society members, traders and visitors for taking their own free time out to come and make it worth the stress and some pain in organising......

Again thankyou to all who contributed to make a great weekend

Nige.....

The Meopham team certainly enjoyed themselves, meeting friends old and new from the RMWeb and HMRS. Thanks must go to Nigel and everyone concerned with the show's organisation for a most pleasant weekend. We had some problems with the layout but nothing that didn't get resolved in no time at all.

Thank you all again. :imsohappy: 

Two very enjoyable days, plenty of productive model making achieved on Saturday, plenty of good humour on both days, excellent location and lighting for a demo table, and 10/10 for cake quality.......

Having voluntarily made and fitted "on the spot" a new return crank for a crippled tender-driven Hornby A4 model on the Sunday, simply to prove that it could be fixed, I hope the owner carries on with the remaining investigation and work that is necessary to sort out the mystery of its restricted speed when running forwards. He is one of the Cleethorpes club members so there are plenty of you to "keep on at him" to sort it out. I suspect cleaning and light oiling of the mechanism, plus checking for good electrical contacts and for freedom from anything "dragging" could be all that is needed to solve the problem.

A slightly belated thank you to the organisers for their hospitality over the weekend whilst I was exhibitng my layout Boston Frodsham, the catering was first class - especially the cake which as others have mentioned was awesome! Thanks also to Lord Flasheart for his assistance. We had a really great weekend having what was really an extended test session which I'm pleased to say went extremely well. The Saturday in particular was really busy with a really responsive audience and we swapped many stories with people who recognized the area the layout was based on. When time allowed a look round the show showed an excellent collection of fine layouts covering a broad range of modelling scales and periods and we had some good discussions with other exhibitors and demonstrators. Finally a few photos (of my layout only I'm afraid).

post-432-0-51490800-1399925367.jpg

post-432-0-60650400-1399925385.jpg

post-432-0-19118100-1399925402.jpg

post-432-0-94235500-1399925427.jpg

post-432-0-79943800-1399925463.jpg

Archived