Dapol silver bullets

(The) Youth

Just got my first 3 weathered wagons today and yes they are superb, shame I didn't get round to purchasing these from the previous batches which are rare as hen's teeth as I want to build up to a 10 wagon rake but all with different running numbers.

Hopefully Dapol will continue releasing these in the future knowing they're onto a winner whilst I continue the hunt on eBay (won't pay stupid prices) or via online retailers with a bit of luck.

Just a question, can you mix and match the Nacco, Nacco ECC and Ermewa silver bullets in a rake if modelling post 2012 or do these 3 types of liveried bullets specific to certain time periods???

Many thanks in advance.

I think you could run the NACCO and NACCO/ECC wagons together, as the owning company is the same. However ERMEWA is a different lessor, so its wagons would be unlikely to be seen on the same train.

Just a question, can you mix and match the Nacco, Nacco ECC and Ermewa silver bullets in a rake if modelling post 2012 or do these 3 types of liveried bullets specific to certain time periods???

Many thanks in advance.

Another semi-frequent flow using these wagons is from Carlisle Yard to Workington, and can load from one wagon in an intermodal train to a full rake. Ermewa branded wagons have run this route before, but I’ve only seen NACCO ones in the 6S94 and return flows up the WCML, I can’t recall seeing any ECC branded ones at all.

The most recent shot I can find of the Workington flow:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152343870@N07/25666377358/in/photolist-F73TMy-23c82pW-YUcnJw-UAc7GD-UEHFfo-TUDSpy-Ue1CKq-F9oYVh-SPj212-TXb88p-TPRBT1-QLncFv-NDYk8T-MHzMVf-MYSySE-N1Tm1T-LYAuCt-K532hw-JSHgyP-Xr36rD-Wnm3ru-VBK9kt-TgarRu-Nm3XvU-Kt6uAU-J4a2Cb-JWAdbm-HgbfEh-EuizWg-DRtjG7-CTBkRF-yUnhaD-rAZkKm-rkSHSG-JZyVVi-JyMbfw-JZyW5r-J4a3U9-JWAe9y-JoeeZ4-HPsHCv-FEefTm-DWRf3X-tnFkgk-tnFkHx-t65wb5-t66Mzb-rRj2iH-qQdXqt-WgfAjf/

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Those weathered ones are extremely popular which must relate to the quality of the product.  They are a good quality model in the first place and the weathering - some of which is hand-painted and therefore unique to each wagon - is superb.  

My only slight negative comments are (1) that the couplers need their "upright" elements clipped slightly in order to reliably clear points, crossings and anything else in the "four-foot" since they sit fractionally below rail height as supplied.  Replace them with Kadees and you will find the same problem and have to bend the lower element slightly upwards. And (2) the side ladders are slightly out of gauge and require a firm but gentle inward pressure applied to them (in a squeezing motion doing both together with fingers worked for me) in order to clear standard platform fittings and possibly other lineside structures.  

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

My only slight negative comments are (1) that the couplers need their "upright" elements clipped slightly in order to reliably clear points, crossings and anything else in the "four-foot" since they sit fractionally below rail height as supplied.  

A bit like the 68 too then, although the mechanism on that also has a bit of droop so maybe not quite the same cause even if it's the same effect.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Have now collected 10 factory weathered silver bullets for a decent rake and a Accurascale GBRf Class 92 on order to pull them...happy days.

When I get my 4 I'll have 8. I have 2 GBRF 66s and will at some point be getting a 92.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

I have 12 of the clean ones here and an assortment of Class 37s to haul them with.

Pete

Ten clean and five fully weathered ones (from the initial Kernow batches) here plus a single Kernow MRC special with the weathering partially cleaned off to reveal the branding.  

Edited by Gwiwer
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1