SE Finecast

Mallard60022

Well, I was not aware that Branchlines even did a P chassis and from my side of the pond the SEF one seems easiest to get, that was why I asked. All that said, which one would be better for P4 as both seem to be etched.

Cheers,

David

David

I bought a SEF P class loco from eBay, it not only had a Branchlines chassis but also a detailing set, which includes etched footplate, cab front, floor and back, buffer beams and steps, also cast back head and brake lever. All of these parts are in whitemetal in the SEF kit, looking at the instructions the SEF chassis may be more detailed with inside cylinders, but not too certain if it comes with EM/P4 spacers and cylinder comparability. Have a word with Dave Ellis at SEF

Edit

The branchlines kits come with 2 sizes of spacer 00 and EM/P4 so the SEF may be the same

Edited by hayfield

Comet do frame spacers in all three gauges

Spacers aren’t actually a problem as I have some Gibson P4 spacers in stock. I just want to be sure the chassis will be adaptable to springing/compensation. I have sent an email to SEF which may be followed by an order if all goes well.

Cheers,

David

Edited by davknigh

Very useful John. That answers all my questions. Still have to go through SEF as the vendor doesn’t post to Canada.

Cheers,

David

I listed it for the photos, and was not sure anyway whether you wanted the whole kit or chassis, if you have an old kit Dave is happy to supply the additional parts that the revised kits have in them 

Edited by hayfield

Here is a listing on eBay for a SEF P class chassis

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/South-Eastern-Finecast-FC167-SR-SECR-P-Class-0-6-0-Chassis-Kit-Etched-N-Silver-/311980849850?hash=item48a381faba:g:dKgAAOSwAj5Z3JsU

As you can see has P4 spacers, has half etched cut out for compensation if required....

Aha, so its the SEF chassis that has the P4-specific spacers, not the Branchlines. I had thought it was the other way round, as with the SECR "C" class.

Aha, so its the SEF chassis that has the P4-specific spacers, not the Branchlines. I had thought it was the other way round, as with the SECR "C" class.

Branchlines may well include P4 or EM gauge spacers if requested. I bought the kit off eBay and the parts were enclosed, as it is a revised SEF kit no idea why the chassis was changed, still in 2 minds about using the Branchlines detail packs and may revert to a SEF chassis

• 1 year later...

Just had to post another item of praise for SEF. Phoned the order yesterday afternoon and received the kit this morning at 09:00! Excellent service by both SEF & Royal Mail

Tim T

Modelling South Wales branches in EM

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, john new said:

Same problem. It has been going on, intermittently, for a while.

Does it tie in to pc software or browsers? It always seems to work fine here on Windows 10 and Chrome

Richard

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, RLWP said:

What operating system and browser are you using, John?

Just tried some testing -

i-phone (1) Safari = failed. (2) Chrome - successful  (3) Firefox = not tried

i-pad  (1) Chrome - failed (2) Safari = successful (3) Firefox = not tried

Macbook pro - (1) Chrome = failed (2) Safari = failed (3) Firefox = successful

From one of the notes that Firefox displayed it may be to do with their http: & https" setup clashing with browser settings as you suggest, however, it wasn't clear from the displayed message what the problem is.

I am sympathetic, I have similar issue on my island-publishing site currently (too many cookies message) although it still allows everyone in, but not had time yet to investigate the cause which I pretty sure will be somewhere in the Wordpress settings needing putting back to what I had it set to before an upgrade reset things back to a default!

Edited by john new