Temeraire

Hi Temeraire,

A lovely little layout from the best period without question. Always nice to see a 50 at the head of a MK2 rake!!

I've been looking at your military vehicles with interest as I'm modelling some MOD traffic myself. Would you mind telling me where you got the UN lorry carried on the Warwell from please?

All the best

David

• RMweb Premium

Would you mind telling me where you got the UN lorry carried on the Warwell from please?

Hi David

Thanks for your comments. The UN lorry was on loan from Kevin's (Hampshire Hog) layout Leaford at the time so he will be able to give you more info but I believe it is the Airfix kit modified by a friend of his.

• RMweb Premium

Amazing layout . I don’t know how I’ve not seen this before!

Thank you but I would say the same about your layout, as I hadn't noticed it until you put it in the layouts section this week.

Cheers Stu see you at Romsey then, unless your 'playday' is first??

Looking good mate. I will see if I can arrange a Saturday in Mid/Late February if you and the guys are free?

Would be nice if 7 , 37 and 46 from your stable could run through Acton Green sometime soon.

Will let you know ASAP.

Cheers

Stu

• RMweb Premium

Would be nice if 7 , 37 and 46 from your stable could run through Acton Green sometime soon.

Hi Stu, no pressure mate but there's also 3,19,27,31,36,50 & 149!

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

So having now got both the garage and the shed in some sort of order, Tidworth has been set up in the garage for a while now for a couple of playdays. However, today I packed away all the trains to get on with the remedial works to the platform that I've been putting off for too long. The platform edging had come adrift from the baseboard causing the platform surface to rise up in front of the station building. So this afternoon I cracked on with the demolition work!

attachicon.gifRework2_171209.jpg

Very quickly the building and other furniture were removed from the platform and set aside for refitting later.

attachicon.gifRework3_171209.jpg

Site cleared ready to start putting things back.

attachicon.gifRework1_171209.jpg

First the trackbed was secured down with superglue and weighed down whilst drying.

attachicon.gifRework4_171209.jpg

Platform edging stuck back in place including a bit extra cut away after it turned out it was worse than I thought!

attachicon.gifRework5_171209.jpg

Looking the other way with all the edging levelled and in position.

A good start today and now that work is underway I can dabble whenever I've got 5 mins to spare back filling and replacing the platform surface. I plan to finish off the roadway outside the station entrance properly too as this had never been completed . There are also various other bits and pieces to sort as well as one or two additional extras to be added all before the next outing to Romsey in March. I also need to make repairs to the traverser's shield as this was damaged by someone leaning on the signs saying 'please do not lean on this surface'!

No drinking and training, that can turn very expensive VERY quickly. :jester:

Edited by OnTheBranchline

• 2 weeks later...