Temeraire

Hi Ian

Good to meet up tonight, and having just seen this 'in the flesh' as it were, I can confirm to all on here that it's looking good.

I've just checked and the LED lights I bought were:

"5M 3528 / 5050 SMD 300 LED Strip Lighting DC 12V DIY Party Clubs Deco Car Lights" and cost me £10.99 including the power adapter.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Monday night saw the completion of the woodworking (apart from a lighting rig which can wait for now) and I am hoping for a dry day later this week to get the wood lightly sanded and painted to seal it all.

17_Backtoback_260314.jpg.98296fb51de6ad811882f97d57a05142.jpg

The two scenic boards bolted together back to back ready for transit or storage.

16_Traverserclosed_260314.jpg.a28c1dda38d8bfe43602f2840f4f9456.jpg

Traverser closed up.

15_Readytogo_260314.jpg.4bc9f86b521703af21be4a255d1c0c27.jpg

All packed and ready to go shown as they will fit into the car.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Monday night saw the completion of the woodworking (apart from a lighting rig which can wait for now) and I am hoping for a dry day later this week to get the wood lightly sanded and painted to seal it all.

attachicon.gif17_Backtoback_260314.jpg

The two scenic boards bolted together back to back ready for transit or storage.

attachicon.gif16_Traverserclosed_260314.jpg

Traverser closed up.

attachicon.gif15_Readytogo_260314.jpg

All packed and ready to go shown as they will fit into the car.

progressing well. nice to see the updates

Hi Ian, that's looking really neat, you will leap way ahead of me now mate, work has come to an abrupt end for a few Months at least if not at least a year.

I least I can keep popping in here for some well earned therapy.

Andy :sungum:

Evening all,

Very neat work - one suggestion if I may. What about cutting a couple of holes in the end plates to act as carrying handles.

• RMweb Premium

Having arrived home early tonight and with the weather dry, I took the opportunity to get a light sanding done followed by a start on the painting. About half way through so far with a primer undercoat and will hopefully finish tomorrow night. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Just a small update on the slow progress that I didn't get posted last night. All the baseboards and traverser had a coat of primer/undercoat during last week and also the viewing bits given a coat of slate grey to smarten them up a bit and lastly on Sunday the backscenes were given a sky blue paint as a start.

18_Painted_060414.jpg.87c633e1f7ac36defbbac10b779f1854.jpg

Scenic boards painted and up with the plan laid out. the front edges will be painted once the front scene boards are attached and shaped to suit.

19_Trackplanning_060414.jpg.d621e40c6e0933747eb16dc2750e36eb.jpg

With the plan laid out I had a measure up of track requirements and today ordered all the flexi needed which should be here before my day off on Friday, and as I already have all the points track laying is not far away!

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian

Well done, I also use wall paper backing when drawing out a new layout. You can check all siding lengths and all the clearances with real stock and know that it will fit in a given space. I also have fun with a push along opperating session but don't tell anyone else because they might think I am playing trains and not a serious railway modeller. :nono:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Track arrived today as expected from Merseyside and spent this evening around the football sticking down the underlay so might get the first track down tomorrow night but if not Friday when I'm off work. 

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You're working very quickly, you'll have the branch done before I make a real start on the main line At Ludgershall, Well done !!

The Q

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Just a quickie before I head off to be disappointed by football again!

A start was made last night on the track laying but too much time was wasted trying to get rails to solder to brass screws so not too much progress. However, with 'Britains got talent?' back on the TV from tonight I see good progress ahead so watch this space and I'll get a pic or two once I've got a bit more done.  

• Like 5