Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Just finished packing up the layout ready for the short trip down the road to Romsey on Saturday morning for the rearranged date after the snow cancellation in March. Come and say hello to the team we don't bite!

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Just finished packing up the layout ready for the short trip down the road to Romsey on Saturday morning for the rearranged date after the snow cancellation in March. Come and say hello to the team we don't bite!

Looking forward to my first view of your stunning layout, in the flesh!

• RMweb Premium

What did you use to remove the curtains from the 4TC

Hi Will thanks for your comments, the curtains were removed carefully! I used EXPO modellers paint remover and applied it sparingly to the curtains only with a small brush a couple of windows at a time. By the time you've applied to the second or third one the first is ready to be removed with a cotton bud. Then wash the glazing with water on another bud. There is a slight ghosting effect from the curtains but by the time I weathered the unit it isn't visible unless you look for it.

Edited by Temeraire

• 2 weeks later...

You might be interested in this little 'local gem' I captured for the Grateley Trains facebook page from earlier in the week, the first MOD working through from Warminster MOD to Bicester MOD of a GBrF 66 with a selection of empty tank carrying wagons.  Not that you need much inspiration, I'm sure :)

https://www.facebook.com/grateleytrains/videos/985004851663960/

I also have plans for a small "filler" module based on the bridge the Ludgershall branch goes over the A303, which is a well known landmark.

Edited by cromptonnut
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Just a reminder that Tidworth will be at the Beaconsfield Exhibition this Saturday 10.30-17.00 (probably very quiet from 3pm!)

Also a fellow RMwebber has uploaded his video of the Romsey show a couple of weeks back and worth a look (Tidworth is at the end from 27.40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iav-jGBHBFw&lc=z23fwnkp1srywzojv04t1aokgjnxvzsdsugmxeh02wf3rk0h00410.1530560587081348

Ian, It was good to meet you yesterday, at the Beaconsfield show, and to be able to view the layout up close (and from behind Avon Junction when I wasn't operating or carrying out minor repairs!!)

Colin

Edited by ColinW

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Had a good if hot day yesterday at Beaconsfield, thanks to the exhibition team for their hospitality and a big thank you to Paul for his assistance and fan! Tidworth is back in the garage now and next out at Andover in September.

• Like 2

Hi Colin

Good to meet you to yesterday and put a face to the name, and if you’ve ever got a Tidworth size hole at Tonbridge give me a shout.

Hi Ian,

I will check with our exhibition manager to see if he has your details, and try and persuade him to invite you to Tonbridge.  By the way it's good to see Avon Junction in the background of the photo (can a layout photo bomb a picture!!)

Colin

Hi all

Had a good if hot day yesterday at Beaconsfield, thanks to the exhibition team for their hospitality and a big thank you to Paul for his assistance and fan! Tidworth is back in the garage now and next out at Andover in September.

Hi good to chat to you at the Beaconsfield show. See you at Andover Edited by JaesonPryer

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great to see Tidworth again, at the weekend, and many thanks for the crash course in its operation!

Good to see the hydraulics get a look in and your locos on OC.

Having just ordered an O gauge Western, I wonder how much space I would need to replicate that layout? - definitely one for the garage / garden I think!!

• RMweb Premium

Great to see Tidworth again, at the weekend, and many thanks for the crash course in its operation!

Good to see the hydraulics get a look in and your locos on OC.

Having just ordered an O gauge Western, I wonder how much space I would need to replicate that layout? - definitely one for the garage / garden I think!!

Thanks Iain hope you enjoyed your crash course. I don't think the space will be your biggest issue, did you see how many locos it will take to fill it!

Hi Ian, 

Hope you are well. Looks like you had a good exhibition, the layout is looking great. Nice to see some older traction, and your class 50s look very at home sat round the turntable.

Steve has done a good job it certainly has that Old Oak feel about it.

Cheers Peter. 

• RMweb Premium

Steve has done a good job it certainly has that Old Oak feel about it.

He showed me his pictures of the real thing, it is exactly as it was with regards to track layout etc even down to the three resident cats!

Thanks Pete, I hope all is well down-under, are planning a trip over again soon?

He showed me his pictures of the real thing, it is exactly as it was with regards to track layout etc even down to the three resident cats!

Thanks Pete, I hope all is well down-under, are planning a trip over again soon?

I only ever got round Old Oak the once, but I have some nice pics, though it was sad to see some of the withdrawn 50s outside one of the sheds. I spend a bit of time by the turntable there was about 4 50s and some 47s sat round it. 

Cheers Peter.

Great to be driving the 50's at Tidworth again last weekend. Fun show! 

I even managed to sneak a few 47's onto the passenger services! Few photos of the TC:

post-28839-0-84572100-1536311204_thumb.jpg

post-28839-0-68041800-1536311227_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ian for a great day.

Rhys

• Like 10