Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Just rescuing the thread from the depths of RMweb to say that Tidworth has had a few bits and pieces attended to this week, and is ready to be packed into the car tomorrow morning for the trip down to Folkestone for the the show this weekend. Only a small crew this weekend of myself, Mike (scoobyra) and Graham (shanks522), so if you're coming along say hello and you might get to drive!

• Like 6

Evening all

Just rescuing the thread from the depths of RMweb to say that Tidworth has had a few bits and pieces attended to this week, and is ready to be packed into the car tomorrow morning for the trip down to Folkestone for the the show this weekend. Only a small crew this weekend of myself, Mike (scoobyra) and Graham (shanks522), so if you're coming along say hello and you might get to drive!

Evening all

• Like 1

Ian, the layout looked, ran, and sounded fine today at Folkestone..

I would liked to have lingered longer, but unfortunately had 2 urchins in tow who needed input.

What I particularly like about Tidworth is the overall excellent standard, and how it all blends together. Top stuff.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Quirky show, in an even quirkier place, made for a cracking weekend operating Tidworth and for once, I didn't need to crash any trains as Graham and Ian seemed to be coping with doing that all on their own! :laugh:

We also had a good night out with Kevin from Coastal DCC which surprisingly didn't result in a headache on Sunday morning....despite trying!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I didn't need to crash any trains as Graham and Ian seemed to be coping with doing that all on their own! :laugh:

To be fair to me and Graham, when you weren't on the 'throne' or eating you were circulating the halls 'shopping' mainly so we had far more opportunity to crash!  :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

Evening all

As Mike said we had a good time in Folkestone this last weekend with Tidworth, a big thank you to the organising team as we were well looked after, even if the hotel was like stepping back to the 1950s! My thanks also to Mike and Graham (good to see you again) for their help with running the layout and company for a couple of days.

Folkestone was Tidworth's 19th exhibition and for the first time suffered a failure late Sunday morning with one of the yard points only throwing one way. However. the team managed to carry on regardless with the help of the Spanish waiter (Manuel) when the point was required! ;)  So I've got 7 weeks to make repairs in between a work trip to Bangkok next week and two weeks holiday in South Africa in November, before Tidworth makes it's 20th exhibition appearance at Warley!

Having committed to the Folkestone exhibition, I missed the event of the year at the Severn Valley Railway with the 50's @ 50 gala, However, on Saturday evening as the real event was finishing Tidworth staged its own 50's @ 50 lineup.

attachicon.gif50sLineup_181006.jpg

From L-R 50003,7,19,27,37,46,149.

Good job there not O Gauge Ian, you'd need to re enforce the Baseboards, hahah.

• RMweb Premium

I am hoping to make Warley again this year. I have not seen Tidworth in the flesh yet, but have been a follower of this thread from the start. Also it would be rude to miss it, especially with the NCE virtually on my doorstep. 

Cheers

Anthony  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I am hoping to make Warley again this year. I have not seen Tidworth in the flesh yet, but have been a follower of this thread from the start. Also it would be rude to miss it, especially with the NCE virtually on my doorstep.

Hi Anthony

If you get to Warley please make yourself known to us, it's always nice to meet another groupie! ;)

• RMweb Premium

I already know the bloke......bloody S&T Riff Raff!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Was your mouth out Buick...I'm Distribution now :onthequiet: I couldn't handle all the 'Sugar' in my 'Tea'  :locomotive:

Cheers

Anthony 

Hi Anthony

If you get to Warley please make yourself known to us, it's always nice to meet another groupie! ;)

Will do good sir. Looking forward to it  :sungum:

Cheers

Anthony 

• RMweb Gold

I'm also like Anthony I've always kept upto date with Tidworth but never seen it in the flesh so to speak so if I can get a day pass out from SWMBO I'll be hoping to come and see it at Warley.

Even better with all those 50's you cant beat an EE type 4.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So I've got 7 weeks to make repairs 

A dab with the soldering iron has sorted the points failure after finding a 'dry' joint on one coil with the DVM this afternoon, so good to go for Warley! So anytime I get between now and then can be spent on some of the outstanding rolling stock projects.

Evening all

Having committed to the Folkestone exhibition, I missed the event of the year at the Severn Valley Railway with the 50's @ 50 gala, However, on Saturday evening as the real event was finishing Tidworth staged its own 50's @ 50 lineup.

attachicon.gif50sLineup_181006.jpg

From L-R 50003,7,19,27,37,46,149.

:O I see a spare track...…. but I cant see the best one...…. where is the best one...… I know you have it...… WHERE IS 50050  :dontknow: 

You cant have a 50s @ 50 line up without 50050  :cry:

• 2 weeks later...