Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Not too many spare weekends!

Not to worry, playdays here are rarely weekends, we usually have a day off as no kids or women around!

Edited by Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

As you may have seen from my thread in DCC area I was having an issue with the Prodigy over the weekend, but after swapping emails with Gaugemaster I am pleased to say this appears to be solved. Whilst 'testing' the resolution tonight I took another pic.

1109486470_37_4733_120524.jpg.41fe25dee04a525e5f52edbfc3e7d3ba.jpg

47187 and 33030 await paths out of the sidings.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Been away for a couple of nights so had a bit of time in the conservatory tonight as everyone else out for the evening. Tidworth will be receiving its first guests on Monday, and as the weather seems to be set fair, I masked up the concrete sleepered track ready for all the trackwork to be given a coat of sleeper grime in the garden over the weekend. I also finished off the second cross board cable and wired in the 'panic' switch that will be known as Phil! (I'll explain another time). 

Now for all you Monday visitors some homework......

Routeplan.jpg.9259d63a15971807bf576d573a7335cc.jpg

Trackplan, drawn from the operators viewpoint, complete with point numbers and route settings for you all to revise.

Edited for Paul. ;)

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Will R12 and 23 operate the crossovers both ways? Might occasionally be useful for a shunt.

Might be worth considering naming the sidings or put a representation of the buildings on the plan too so it's quicker to correlate a route to what you actually see, (before you hit the P button ;) )

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all,

After mowing and weeding this morning, Tidworth was relocated to the garden for the next task to carried out.

38_Prepaintaerial_180514.jpg.9bbda25239647fa3e165538d8d5b9c09.jpg

'Pitbull style' aerial shot of the before.

39_After_180514.jpg.ef0119a78524ed5b764fb34183e05647.jpg

Ten minutes and a whole can of sleeper grime later, followed by 30 minutes cleaning up the railheads.

40_Basking_180514.jpg.d75f9877692efc3c44fb81aa22cb60d5.jpg

Two thirds of Tidworth bask in the midday sun, not sure about the scaling of that backscene though!

Later Tidworth will be brought back into the conservatory and set up and tested again ready for its first exhibition tomorrow to an entirely RMweb audience. See you tomorrow morning fellas, the bacon is in the fridge.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

And so onto this evening and Tidworth is now all set up and ready for tomorrows visitors.

41_Setup_180514.jpg.34e99b639e5f24cd18f0643dc6f6a897.jpg

Looking towards the country end and as you can see it spills into the dining room from the conservatory!

42_Setup_180514.jpg.db989e12d2397cef1e6ca8aaa55391c9.jpg

Looking back with the traverser in view.

43_Setup_180514.jpg.0218c9703cad09de62000afe85151116.jpg

Closer shot of Temeraire waiting time to depart with an MOD train.

Looking forward to tomorrow and getting opinions from others once they've played with it, before moving on with further work. Don't forget to bring something to run fellas and your controller Arnie!.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 15

Hi Ian, I'm so envious, Kingsmill never looked that neat, your trackwork is superb, have a good session tomorrow and post some more pics.

Great stuff mate, well done. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Andy

I'll try to remember to take pics tomorrow, hope your move goes well and maybe catch up with you at DEMU in a couple of weeks? I hope you get to see Tidworth and have play sometime. ;)

Not to worry, playdays here are rarely weekends, we usually have a day off as no kids or women around!

Hi Ian, I like the sound of your play days! Hopefully at some point in the future I will get a chance to have a play with Tidworth.

You have made some good progress over the weekend, you should have this one finished in a few weeks!

Have fun tomorrow, I look forward to seeing the photos.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian, I like the sound of your play days! Hopefully at some point in the future I will get a chance to have a play with Tidworth.

Hi Alex,

Chuck a 'sicky' and join us mate! ;)

Hi Ian,

Not sure how I missed your new thread. All looks really good with lots of interesting operating potential.

I have gone down the route of a traditional analogue set up for my point motors on Manor Rd. I am curious about how 'easy' the digital route is. Do you just key a macro for a particular route?

Keep the pictures coming

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff welcome to the party, better late than never!

The digital point motor control is dead easy in this situation as I have only 11 routes and 12 points, although there are 4 pairs that switch together. On the Prodigy that I use they are called routes rather than Macros but the idea is the same. Each route is programmed into the system and throws all required points each time. As you probably know Exford park uses DC stud and probe as there would be just too many routes and variations, not to mention the cost of decoders! It took me all of 10mins to programme all the points and then the routes for Tidworth.

Getting back to the Prodigy once programmed, you just press route plus a number, enter, press 1 and the points throw as necessary.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ian, thoroughly enjoyed today and seeing both layouts.

Test Day Results:

The good points

Lots of tea.

The layout ran well and has good operational possibilities :)

Good company.

Bacon butties.

Learning points:

Minor mod to the track on the traverser which had expanded in the heat causing minor arcing as it traversed.

Bad points?

Hairy legs on show in the heat! ;)

Now do I publish the photos ?

• Like 3

Hi Ian,

Thanks for a great day, it was great to meet the Paul's and Nigel and a big thanks to Scott for driving me up and back.

All the best Peter. 

• RMweb Gold

Testing underway, Home contingent Melangoose, Arnie & the air observer (brake system apprentice).

post-6968-0-80780700-1400533696.jpg

Colonial and brake system expert PCM

post-6968-0-41060700-1400533731.jpg

Ian's loft layout

post-6968-0-88370000-1400533777.jpg

post-6968-0-54907400-1400533806.jpg

The brake system bit was the education in what wagon codes tell you ;)

• Like 12

Evening,

Thanks Ian for being the hostess with the mostest. Your baps were great as usual!

Great day playing trains, Tidworth worked well with some interesting shunting opportunities.  There was some interesting traction too!

It was good to catch up with everyone, had a good laugh.

Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Evening fellas

Hope your trips home went well. Thanks to Arnington, PaulRhB, PCM, pitbull1845 & melangoose (Paul, Paul, Pete, Scott & Nigel) for their company and the shakedown of Tidworth today and hope the trip was worthwhile and the catering satisfactory, maybe next time I can play too? ;) . As Paul said one or two minor glitches to sort out but Tidworth appeared to be well received, and so its on with the ballast next I think.

PS Cheers Pete for the pressies.

Edited by Temeraire