Temeraire

Hi Ian and the gang. Hope the layout  works well, looks like a few of you will all be at the one show so enjoy it, looks like plenty of other good layouts going.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Ian and the gang. Hope the layout  works well, looks like a few of you will all be at the one show so enjoy it, looks like plenty of other good layouts going.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

Having missed the layout at Taunton it was great to finally see it yesterday! was hoping to come back after doing the trades for a longer look but when I got back it was packing up time and 33117 was departing with the last service of the day while NSE 33035 departed light engine after dropping off a freight!

Look forward to seeing it again sometime, any other outings this year?

Cheers

Wayne

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Having been a follower of the layout on here for quite some time, it was nice to finally see it for real.

It looked great and the operation was faultless (at least while I was watching!!)

A real joy to behold !

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 2

First time I've looked at Rmweb over the weekend. PaulRhb that truly is a horrible photo! I got back about 9pm tonight after a thoroughly enjoyable weekend operating Tidworth with the usual suspects.

Thanks to those that said hello, Ian's layout is great to operate..and always fun with the crew; as some of you may have witnessed the p#ss taking that goes on.

My only picture of the layout was when we had an unusual visitor to the line.

post-6849-0-93273900-1543183881_thumb.jpg

Soon to appear on a German you tube channel.. I'm sure the link will be added when its done..

Also met Richard from the "NewJunction" YouTube channel (nice bloke) and he also took some footage of the layout, so hopefully it will make the cut.

Thanks to Ian for allowing me to be part of the crew..

• Like 9

What a great weekend crewing Tidworth with everyone and a thoroughly enjoyable, laughable experience at Warley in many senses.

I have a few points of note for everybody

1. PaulRHB - you got my best side in the last supper photo (for all those unaware I'm the bald geezer with his back to camera)

2. The German TV youtube channel that will have the cab ride is https://www.pilentum.de - Marcus said it will be uploaded probably by next weekend

3. If we get any comments along the lines of "I saw Tidworth at 10am on the first morning and nothing was happening" - there was a power cut for about half hour affecting us and surrounding layouts !

4. Mike - after eating breakfast cutlery and crockery from the canteen should be placed on a tray ready to be washed up, not discarded in to the bin !

5. Mike (again) - we were on stand A38 for the weekend. Where were you between 9am and 6pm ? LOL

Seriously though cheers all for a great weekend,

Stu

• RMweb Premium

Look forward to seeing it again sometime, any other outings this year?

Cheers

Wayne

Hi Wayne, not this year I'm afraid but next year we start in Canterbury in January followed by Stafford in February, come and say hello if you visit either.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

4. Mike - after eating breakfast cutlery and crockery from the canteen should be placed on a tray ready to be washed up, not discarded in to the bin !

I have no idea why I threw the plate and cutlery in the bin!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  You also needed to add 6. Scott came out so many times he should've been at a Pride event!

It was a great weekend and nice to have us all together in one place. The comments about the layout were very good. and the feedback from social media suggests that Tidworth was very popular  :good:

Cheers Ian, Paul, Scott, Stu, Big Paul (and mates) and Rhys for a brilliant time.

Edited by scoobyra
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

After three years in the diary, our turn at Warley finally arrived this year. Thank you to the Warley team for their hospitality and organisation for a great weekend away for the team, big thank you to Scott, Paul, Rhys, Stuart and even Mike for the help and great company for the duration as well as Paul and the Lulworth team. I hope you all had a good time and you all took home bags of goodies, I was the only one who didn't spend any money!

Many good comments for the layout over the weekend and spoke to lots of people who asked questions which is always nice, and potential invites received for Worthing, DEMU, Derby and possibly Peterborough, as well as another magazine shoot!

As usual I didn't take any pictures myself, but there must be 1000s out there somewhere that may appear at some point, as well as the 'cab ride' footage that Stuart referred to above.

That's it for 2018 and we start again in Canterbury in January.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all

A week on from Warley nothing to report regards the layout/stock etc, but the 'cab-ride' footage has been uploaded to youtube by the German fella.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRtV3FSUd0w

Tidworth appears around the 4.25 mark, it's quite interesting to see the layout from a different angle, enjoy!

• Like 6

Hi gents,

It was nice to finally see this at Warley due to it being pulled from Taunton. I hope you don't mind me sharing these, but here's a few shots I grabbed of Tidworth on Saturday afternoon.

A local service arrives at the station worked by a Thumper DEMU unit.

post-6773-0-91248900-1543766014.jpg

The local Tidworth pilot takes a break between shunts.

post-6773-0-90011900-1543765954.jpg

The dutch team arrive at Tidworth. This was a nice cop, at the time it would be rare to see a civil loco working an RFD MOD service, while the ED was running round it's engineers train.

post-6773-0-29441400-1543765815.jpg

33117 comes to a stand with a 4TC, while NSE liveried 33035 engages in some shunting. These were the last two trains of the day on Saturday.

post-6773-0-89117700-1543765695.jpg

Cheers

Wayne

• Like 16

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ian

The layout looked great yesterday each time I stopped by, there was always plenth of "action" going on. Some lovely stock. Very nice to have a brief chat with you about 007's repaint.

There was some top banter going on too.

With Tidworth AND Tonbridge West Yard, it was well worth the journey to Canterbury.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I had a great weekend operating Tidworth with Ian and Graham (and Graham's brother Stu on Sunday) at Canterbury, and as always, the layout ran faultlessly.....which is more than I can say for the operators!  :laugh: The company and banter was excellent....and I'm now an expert on Mendip Stone Wagons!  :laugh:

Anyway, for once I managed to take a few pictures, albeit on my iPhone....

post-18825-0-33833100-1548080317_thumb.jpg

post-18825-0-24999800-1548080374_thumb.jpg

post-18825-0-39678800-1548080379_thumb.jpg

post-18825-0-66312700-1548080395_thumb.jpg

post-18825-0-42157800-1548080400_thumb.jpg

• Like 15