Temeraire

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all 

After this weeks outage just a reminder that Tidworth is all set up and ready to go at Stafford. We’re stand 102 in the last hall at right hand end opposite the toilets! Come and say hello.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Evening all 

After this weeks outage just a reminder that Tidworth is all set up and ready to go at Stafford. We’re stand 102 in the last hall at right hand end opposite the toilets! Come and say hello.

See you tomorrow Ian, have a good show.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Great to see Tidworth at last Ian, and it's far better than I imagined, and it really looks and runs superb.

Nice one mate.

As Andy says, really well executed and lots going on.  Enjoyed watching (and chatting) today. 

Paul.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Back home by 7.45pm after a great weekend at a very good Stafford show, although I had to spend time clearing snow and ice from the driveway before I could get the car off the road to unload! A big thank you to all the Stafford show team for thoroughly enjoyable weekend and for the hospitality for myself, Mike and Rhys. I actually took some pictures for a change but will get these added tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

After a weekend of 'two yard tap-ins', I had a great time helping Ian and Rhys entertain the crowds at Stafford......although we wondered if we'd ever get there!

En route to the M5 we encountered a fair bit of snow, and an overturned lorry, causing us to take a lengthy diversion across to the A34 and use the M40. To be fair, if Ian hadn't listened to me, we'd have been fine! :lol:

Once there it took about half an hour to get set up and we were ready to go. Saturday was very busy and Sunday, although slightly quieter still flew by and apart from a few minor mistakes, (by all of us, not just me!) the trains ran well all weekend. It was great to have people come over and say how good the layout was...I just smiled and pretended it was mine :lol::lol: 

I've never been to Stafford show before but it was well organised and they even put us opposite the toilets.....clearly Ian had phoned ahead to give Colin prior warning!  

We even had a celebrity operator as Rylan Clarke turned up at midday on Saturday.....

Entertaining the Corwd.jpg

Rylan.jpg

Edited by scoobyra
  • Like 2
  • Funny 7

• 2 weeks later...

A great time at Stafford. Like Mike this was my first trip to Stafford and it certainly won’t be my last! Many thanks Ian for letting me play with the layout over the weekend as my alter ego Rylan!

I only crashed one train and I don’t think anyone noticed :)

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

On 14/02/2019 at 21:11, Rhysb said:

I only crashed one train and I don’t think anyone noticed :)

Ooops! D&A and a please explain required from the driver! :)

Looks like Stafford went well, I saw Tidworth for the first time at Warley and was very impressed.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Afternoon all

As Paul mentioned above we're out again this weekend in Wimborne for WimRail19 and a return to site of Tidworth's debut exhibition 4 years ago! Come and say hello if you're visiting, as its just the three of us this weekend, so willing helpers can be initiated at any time without warning!

Forgot to say we're stand 50 in the Lower Hall.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Well I certainly lived up to my signature this weekend as I tried to propel the TC through the end of the traverser flat out with a 33! After extracting the loco from the second coach in, it's now about 4 inches shorter but on the plus side, given my recent celebrity status, it's now doubled in value! :laugh: 

It's always good fun to help run Tidworth because everything (normally) works like clockwork, and despite just being the three of us, there were very few operating mistakes (although ask Ian about his new love for the trap point) as we worked very well as a team. The weekend flew by and we were even treated to a top rate Lasagne by Nigel's wife on Saturday evening.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Well its been two months since my last post here and our appearance at Wimborne. I've not touched the layout in that time with any spare time spent on making small progress in the shed and also on a 'new' mini project.;)

The last couple of weeks has also been a bit busy with family visiting from South Africa and getting married again!

Normal service can now be resumed with this weekend's visit to the Loddon Vale Exhibition on Saturday 10.00-16.30 at Swallowfield Parish Hall RG7 1QX. The usual trio of myself, Mike and Rhys in attendance so come and say hello if you are visiting.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Just a quick thank you to the Loddon Vale team for their hospitality, soup and the puddings yesterday! Myself, Mike and Rhys enjoyed ourselves at your 50th exhibition with Tidworth and I hope we didn't disappoint.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Pete

Thanks for the congrats and I hope you and the missus are well. Yes still got a few appearances booked for Tidworth but nothing confirmed beyond the end of this year at the moment. However, there are plans afoot that may drum up some interest hopefully, watch this space!:wink_mini:

• Like 2

Go on Ian, add the Army depot, t'other side of the road over bridge,  in front of the current fiddle yard - some how....

Just a thought....

• Like 1