Temeraire

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Good luck with the show - I have seen this layout in the flesh before - but when/where escapes me.

Looking forward to seeing the 'new' layout at Taunton. The new section looks like a great scene for watching the trains go by.

I like the un-made road/track in the foreground of the new extension - I will be photographing that and picking your brains on it if I may - it looks great....along with the bridges and everything else!

Regards,

James

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Morning Ian, I'm ear, well near Fareham anyway, and looking forward to seeing you Guys tomorrow, it looks superb mate, and you've done well to do so much in  a short time.:good:

1 hour ago, Temeraire said:

Thanks Andy be sure to say hello.

Looking forward to meeting you too Andy, Club stand in the squash court.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 04/10/2019 at 09:57, jamest said:

Hi,

Good luck with the show - I have seen this layout in the flesh before - but when/where escapes me.

Looking forward to seeing the 'new' layout at Taunton. The new section looks like a great scene for watching the trains go by.

I like the un-made road/track in the foreground of the new extension - I will be photographing that and picking your brains on it if I may - it looks great....along with the bridges and everything else!

Regards,

James

James,

Was at Barnstaple a few years ago!

We will be going to Taunton ….

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Just look at concentration :)

And Ian is doing his phantom of the opera impression :laugh_mini:

85F4623C-CF31-43F3-AC2C-8677BC53A818.jpeg.1983d8a1790913ea04cfcb9822e1dc02.jpeg

Cheers Paul, you could have given me a chance to smile and hold me gut in, haha.

It was a great morning, so thanks again, and I wish my old legs would have aloud me to stay a bit longer.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Layout looked great! Frustratingly it didn’t fit with my 2-year-old’s sphere of interest, so prolonged viewing was impossible! :blink:

Nice to meet Paul and Mike fleetingly!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 05/10/2019 at 11:29, BritishRail60022 said:

Wow! Looks great, have a good show :) 

Might I ask where you got the NSE and Tidworth signs on the frontage from?

Sorry for the late reply, the signs were created by a friend and then printed out onto foamboard by the local Prontaprint.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Having just got back from a business trip to Ireland this week I thought I'd better thank Nigel and his team at Fareham for their hospitality last weekend. Also thanks to Mike, Paul, Arnie, Stuart and Kevin for their help keeping trains moving over the weekend. The new extension seemed to be well received and after a few early teething troubles worked well all weekend (better on Sunday once I got the third Prodigy handset to behave itself). I've got a couple of weeks to further detail the new bit and the roadway on the old bit in time for the Taunton Ex.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 05/10/2019 at 19:59, Andrew P said:

BIG Thanks to Ian and the Tidworth Crew for making me so welcome today and even risking damage by letting me lose with a controller.

It really was a treat to be able to play with, WHOOPS, operate such a fine Layout, that ran faultlessly even when I had a controller in my hand.

Cheers Guys.:good:

Hi Andy

It was good to see you again last Saturday and glad you enjoyed your cameo role on the handset on the layout you helped inspire! Keep in touch and we'll get together once your safely located darn sarf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Evening all

Having just got back from a business trip to Ireland this week I thought I'd better thank Nigel and his team at Fareham for their hospitality last weekend. Also thanks to Mike, Paul, Arnie, Stuart and Kevin for their help keeping trains moving over the weekend. The new extension seemed to be well received and after a few early teething troubles worked well all weekend (better on Sunday once I got the third Prodigy handset to behave itself). I've got a couple of weeks to further detail the new bit and the roadway on the old bit in time for the Taunton Ex.

It was a pleasure to have you there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

There's been a bit of excitement over the last couple of days in Ludgershall!

Yesterday lunchtime a train of empty warflats and warwells arrived behind 66761 and overnighted in the MoD sidings. On my way past this morning there was some activity and on my return this evening around 5pm the train was fully loaded and ready to depart. Checking the Realtime trains site it was booked to leave at 8pm for Dollands Moor sidings and I planned to catch its departure. Naturally when I arrived at 7.45 it had already left!:rolleyes: so a quick run down to Andover station found the train waiting on the branch to follow the 20.06 London train up the mainline.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 9

Very cool,

surpised they still have anything worth sending from ludgershall, as it seems to come from Warminster mostly now.

there was a piece on the GBRF FB page about this , apparently it’s a thing  called “ trackage “ which is the code name for swapping out all our armoured stuff that resides in Estonia , bolstering that bit of NATO.

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

So after no trains for what seemed like years, Ludgershall had its third in a month this week! Following on from last weeks vehicle move, late last week 18 container flats were delivered to the sidings at Ludgershall for loading and on Monday and Tuesday this week they were loaded using reach stackers. The train then left Ludgershall at 15.57 on Tuesday as 4Y08 to Dollands Moor sidings again for onward movement to Estonia by rail as part of the project 'Trackage'. Again I caught it joining the mainline at Andover.

14_Containerloading_191021.jpg.5eb626e823e39b0f917fa622ec539ac1.jpg

View of the loading going on on Monday afternoon.

1356801575_12_66735MoDshunter_191022.jpg.5250956beab57008929e296c9ee976b5.jpg

The MoD shunter had arranged the wagons back into a train ready for 66735 to arrive light from Eastleigh after lunch on Tuesday, seen here ready to go around an hour before its scheduled departure time.

So there we go an unexpected week of activity, I'll keep an eye on it just in case there's more!

Finally just a reminder that Tidworth makes its last exhibition appearance of this year at Taunton this weekend, come and say hello and chat if you're visiting.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1