Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

One thing I forgot to mention earlier tonight was to thank Paul for this beauty!

1995260548_MoDshunter.jpeg.aae015774a428e59ad0cc1ba7b9898ee.jpeg

Once I decided to model the exchange sidings it was imperative that I had an MoD shunter to play with! With his past experience with 0 gauge kits I tentatively asked Paul if he'd have a go for me, a challenge he took on 'willingly' (ok he didn't say no though!). He apparently won't be building anymore!:sarcastichand:

The kit is a Judith Edge Vanguard shunter a type that the MoD had a large number of and there were 4 at Ludgershall at one time I'm told, so the obvious choice for the layout. As you can see it's not quite finished yet but already looks the part and was used this weekend. Once the rest of the detail is added, windows fitted as well as flashing beacon it should set off the sidings superbly.

Thanks again Paul.

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Evening all

Lastly THERE WILL BE NO MORE EXTENSIONS! I can't get a fag paper in the loaded car now so no room for anymore baseboards. :wink_mini:

Roof Box.? or as I have done, Trailer? Or Knowing a your location, an Ex army 3 tonner?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 28/10/2019 at 17:53, Temeraire said:

Evening all

Time to catch up with posts here!

First though a big thank you to Steve and his team for their hospitality this weekend at the excellent Taunton Exhibition, myself and the team enjoyed it immensely! To the 'team' Mike, Paul, Chris and Rhys thanks for your company and assistance (again) fellas.

As usual I failed to take any pictures myself but I see Phil has covered most angles above! Thanks Phil.:clapping:

On to the subject of crossovers! :banghead::sarcastichand: 

During the planning phase discussions were had regards the inclusion of a crossover or not and also bringing the end of the 'loop' on scene or not. Creating the end of the loop before the bridge would have shortened the MoD sidings to be too short to be useful and look silly. More importantly it would have restricted the length of headshunt for Tidworth yard, which was one of the main reasons for the extension to allow shunting without use of the traverser. Also as it is assumed that the loop ends just beyond the bridge there wouldn't have been the justification for a crossover as Paul said above.

Lastly THERE WILL BE NO MORE EXTENSIONS! I can't get a fag paper in the loaded car now so no room for anymore baseboards. :wink_mini:

Tidworth has no more confirmed exhibitions now until Worthing next September so plenty of time to get more done on the extension.

Was great to see the extended layout. Really looks good. 

looking forward to seeing more work on extension. 

in answer to Satan’s goldfish and others suggestions. Following your definitive statement....

bigger car?

Edited by GWRPhil
Correction
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

They might have ideas but I don’t have the inclination! I haven’t finished this bl**dy extension yet!

My attention will be focused on the shed layout for the foreseeable future, I need to get trains running. I also have a backlog of stock projects to get on with.

any video of the weekend yet?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

23 hours ago, Temeraire said:

The kit is a Judith Edge Vanguard shunter a type that the MoD had a large number of and there were 4 at Ludgershall at one time I'm told, so the obvious choice for the layout.

Well there's three in this pic 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/73091173@N03/18526126533/in/album-72157654674781440/

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

They might have ideas but I don’t have the inclination! I haven’t finished this bl**dy extension yet!

My attention will be focused on the shed layout for the foreseeable future, I need to get trains running. I also have a backlog of stock projects to get on with.

Sorry haven’t posted videos yet. I’m in process of editing and uploading to youtube. Will post links here soon tonight. 

the extension looks great already mate any further progress just going to add to that

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

So here’s video 1 from the weekend

Video 2 is being edited now

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

The passenger trains were being driven by a young lad who was enthralled by the layout so when asked jumped at the chance :)

I think he’d have stayed all weekend.

His driving was good. 

the inner speed demon did seem to come out on the class 50

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, GWRPhil said:

His driving was good. 

the inner speed demon did seem to come out on the class 50

He'd been driving the sound stuff and the 50 didn’t have sound so started off at a lower speed, he was following the instructions for the speed steps on the sound ones and Ian surprised us with a non sound loco :laugh_mini:

• Like 2