Temeraire

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

He'd been driving the sound stuff and the 50 didn’t have sound so started off at a lower speed, he was following the instructions for the speed steps on the sound ones and Ian surprised us with a non sound loco :laugh_mini:

It’s caught me out a few times as well. I was impressed with his driving. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yep proving that kids are interested in doing it and responsible, I didn’t have to take control off him once. He was even doing the routes after a while! 

I think his Mum was terrified at first but he was too busy enjoying it :) 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Ian, Some nice pics and video of the layout the extension really does add the the layout, just thinking a cross over might have been worth putting in  Righthand point from the main/Branch to yard/runround loop. Only noticed it when the class 50 had to go all the way back the the fiddleyard. 

Cheers Peter.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Ian, Some nice pics and video of the layout the extension really does add the the layout, just thinking a cross over might have been worth putting in  Righthand point from the main/Branch to yard/runround loop. Only noticed it when the class 50 had to go all the way back the the fiddleyard. 

Cheers Peter.

1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Go back two pages for that discussion Pete ;) 

I almost got shouted at, haha.:laugh:

• Funny 2

Abuse everyone equally then nobody can complain...

...although a 'right hand' crossover for the run round and use the rest of the 'loop' running line as a headshunt (with point off to MoD would work too, just buffer stop under the bridge before the fiddle yard for that line with weeds growing around it, everything then arrives/departs on 1 line and there's space to keep all run arounds on scene. Certainly cheaper than buying a bigger car for the inevitable next extension...

I'll go shout at myself Ian so you don't have to ;)

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Abuse everyone equally then nobody can complain...

...although a 'right hand' crossover for the run round and use the rest of the 'loop' running line as a headshunt (with point off to MoD would work too, just buffer stop under the bridge before the fiddle yard for that line with weeds growing around it, everything then arrives/departs on 1 line and there's space to keep all run arounds on scene. Certainly cheaper than buying a bigger car for the inevitable next extension...

I'll go shout at myself Ian so you don't have to ;)

That young man, is exactly what I suggested via PM, to be discrete,:o haha, that is what I ended up doing with my Deesdale Road. Plus in my mind it would have given another siding / Head Shunt to store an odd wagon or two:good:.

BUT BUT BUT, I'm going to shut up now, so that I can play on Tidbull again some day, I hope, haha:laugh:

I do have to say though, I did like the overall look, and it does make it look more Main Line now.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 months later...

Cool photos. I was reading on wnxx that with what was left of the army of the Rhine transferred back, 25% of the army will be around salisbury plain,

Thus both ludgershall and Warminster will see an uplift in trains. Which is great becuase when they demolished everything around ludgershall I though it had seen its last train ,

just a shame it’s not a RFD or EWS 37..

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/09/2019 at 22:46, Temeraire said:

Evening

So things are still progressing steadily and after a long weekend away in Lyme Regis, further work has been done.

534429068_44_Roadpainted_190912.jpg.010fb56ba254c51b1c1a3dcdd3263ff3.jpg

The road and footpaths had a coat of Suedecoat, followed by grey tones, and the chalk faces 'weathered' with earthy and green tones.

45_Footbridgeview_190912.jpg.7d04c64d4e19ff228e1fc78de1ff0c71.jpg

The rear of the existing bridge given more colours to try and match the Tidworth side.

46_FYendbridges_190912.jpg.5598213dfae772827b63a13e3987ac26.jpg

Fiddle Yard end bridges again given more paint colours to tone them down/weather them. A small bit of finishing off of the embankments and pathway to and across the bridges to complete now that they are fixed in place.

1492329709_47_Viewfromfootbridge_190912.jpg.f7e8fa417795228e7aa24148af5693bf.jpg

View down the extension as if standing on the footbridge.

1904447329_48_Viewfromthetrees_190912.jpg.57e0494bdbee89a14d1a22afdeb5f1e4.jpg

My favourite photo so far, the vew as if I'm in the tree outside Tidworth station! I'm liking the way this view is shaping up so far.

Today I took delivery of a lot of fence posts ready to fence in the MoD land which will be the next move after I've added the groundframe and a bit of filling in of ballast.

On 14/09/2019 at 14:25, P.C.M said:

Hi Ian, The new section is looking great.  You have certainly cracked on with it.

Hope you enjoyed Lyme Regis. It a great little town my Dad was born in Up Lyme so we used to go there quite often.

Cheers Peter.

What a small world it is, I grew up in Lyme though its not the town it was tbh. Great looking layout Ian, Ive been trawling my way through from the start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Blimey Wummy you're a year behind!;)

I've not had Tidworth up and running since October at Taunton and no likelihood of it getting out anytime soon either, so been concentrating on the Exford layout rebuild in the shed. What happened to your layout build?

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 29/09/2020 at 14:12, Temeraire said:

Blimey Wummy you're a year behind!;)

I've not had Tidworth up and running since October at Taunton and no likelihood of it getting out anytime soon either, so been concentrating on the Exford layout rebuild in the shed. What happened to your layout build?

Yes well things have actually moved on a tad and building will commence soon, been buying stock etc so now have enough to possibly keep Pendon sorted out for a 1980s feel... Got myself a DCC set up. Space is the big one, have a 13' x 6'6" space in an L so planning on triple deck, FY down the bottom, Yard with stabling and possibly with a small wagon works to give licence for anything to turn up. Branch off to a Clay works and Freight depot maybe a couple other industries (cement, oil maybe) depends how cluttered it looks connected with helixs. So expect a few questions regarding your underlays etc. What radius is your Helix curves? With no rugby and no pub as such(dont like the new way of going to a pub) may as well have something to keep me occupied. Just started a Foundation Degree in Sport Coaching so that will keep me out of mischief once it cranks up. The new Exford looks good! 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Morning all

Just a post to retrieve the thread from the hidden depths of RMweb and announce that Tidworth is due to appear at an exhibition THIS year! Obviously this is subject to all things being okay at the time but things look hopeful currently.

Tolworth Showtrain 2021

Tolworth Recreation Centre,
Fullers Way North, Tolworth, Surrey, KT6 7LQ.

Saturday 14th November 10.00am - 5.30pm
Sunday 15th November 10.00am - 5.00pm

However, this means I need to get the layout up for the first time since Taunton 2019 and finish off the extension completely in time!

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

58 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Morning all

Just a post to retrieve the thread from the hidden depths of RMweb and announce that Tidworth is due to appear at an exhibition THIS year! Obviously this is subject to all things being okay at the time but things look hopeful currently.

Tolworth Showtrain 2021

Tolworth Recreation Centre,
Fullers Way North, Tolworth, Surrey, KT6 7LQ.

Saturday 14th November 10.00am - 5.30pm
Sunday 15th November 10.00am - 5.00pm

However, this means I need to get the layout up for the first time since Taunton 2019 and finish off the extension completely in time!

Richard and I will see you there. I'm taking Feltham Road.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Temeraire said:

I better finish the shunter then ;) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1