Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Great work Ian, I think I used to see them at Fareham and also done at Limington.

Thanks Andy I'm sure you saw them at Fareham but at Lymington it was probably a similar looking 2-HAP or 2-EPB electric you saw.

• RMweb Premium

That Thumper looks really good Ian.

Remind me to get you to explain how you did the cut and shut when I see you in October, I'm having a nightmare trying to fill the joints on my MK3 BFO!

Cheers mate are you coming to Uckfield then?

As for the cut n shut Milliput is what I used to fill the gaps. I think I filled and sanded three times!

• RMweb Premium

Absolutely top work on the Thumper Ian.

Would you be willing to paint mine for me - Pleeeease! I'm still at the stage with 2 cars in Connex and 1 car in maroon

Much better than I could do myself.

Dale 

Edited by dale159

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely top work on the Thumper Ian.

Would you be willing to paint mine for me - Pleeeease! I'm still at the stage with  cars in Connex and 1 car in maroon

Much better than I could do myself.

Dale 

As Ian's agent, he has no problem in doing this.....the cost is £350 per coach, plus postage  :haha:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

On 23/08/2016 at 16:35, Temeraire said:

Right now that's over where did I put those warflats???

Found them!

warflats1_300816.jpg.ec14fb382641516fc926d28b4c0c5927.jpg

The three kits that have been in storage for a year made it to the workbench this last few days.

warflats2_300816.jpg.09e1ec675b4bc1a30a98fbf695af866e.jpg

Closer view of one of the three.

warflats3_300816.jpg.ece213a31584461306f134c4e089f689.jpg

The original acquired from pitbull (Scott).

The kits go together quite easily really but not until much cleaning up of flash and moulding lines with a file is carried out. They all need a bit of filling and general fetling before the paintshop beckons but all being well they may debut at the Uckfield show in October albeit without a load by then, I may even order another couple as well!

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 15

Evening all,

Found them!

attachicon.gifwarflats1_300816.jpg

The three kits that have been in storage for a year made it to the workbench this last few days.

attachicon.gifwarflats2_300816.jpg

Closer view of one of the three.

attachicon.gifwarflats3_300816.jpg

The original acquired from pitbull (Scott).

The kits go together quite easily really but not until much cleaning up of flash and moulding lines with a file is carried out. They all need a bit of filling and general fetling before the paintshop beckons but all being well they may debut at the Uckfield show in October albeit without a load by then, I may even order another couple as well!

They do look good Ian, your a bad influence, I've started collecting Railfreight again, :nono:

EDIT = Now EWS as well, things are looking good on North Road.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

They do look good Ian, your a bad influence, I've started collecting Railfreight again, :nono:

EDIT = Now EWS as well, things are looking good on North Road.

It was inevitable Andy! Not sure about the 66s though, I look forward to seeing 33s,50s and 73s on North Road.  ;)

• RMweb Premium

I've got two to do, but I keep getting them out, filing a bit and putting them away

And then there's the scimitars to build

Hi Rob

I did them as a production line and once the filing is done they go together with a bit of Superglue fairly easily (apart from the bogies!) The vehicles are next on the list to order.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You seem to have lots of time have to hire you to do some on ropley hahaha looking good tho Ian the thumper went together well

Hi mate long time no see. The new house keeps getting put back and its too hot for the layout in the conservatory so it's made me concentrate on long forgotten projects! Fancy the weekend in Uckfield??

• RMweb Premium

You not doing Shenfield now Ian?

I'm afraid not Martin I was struggling for help and the chances were that we would be moving house that week as well so I decided to pull out early rather than let them down late. I think Darren will be waving the NSE flag with Croydon instead.

You not doing Shenfield now Ian?

I'm afraid not Martin I was struggling for help and the chances were that we would be moving house that week as well so I decided to pull out early rather than let them down late. I think Darren will be waving the NSE flag with Croydon instead.

FFS...

I said I'd be quite happy to act as tea boy and maybe derail some of your stock...

I'll have to pop along and see Croydon instead, but it looks familiar somehow, like I've seen it before. Déjà vu 'n' all that...

Good luck with the house move btw.

Edited by Pete 75C
  • Like 2

When is Ukfield buddy and ropley has open day and mhr gala if your about to lend a hand open day is only scenic boards up 

Tidworths stock is certainly looking the part..... ill have to up my game hahaha 

i have hardly touched mine not enough time but with Andover show on this weekend means i can get some flock sorted 

did you still have access to a static grass maker too i want to try the banks in it ?

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian, just catching up on your thread, first of all, excellent work on the Thumper, first class modelling.

Now, I do really like your Warflats but even more so, the vehicles! Good old service issue Land Rovers!

I look forward to seeing photos of them in service behind some suitable traction!

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian, just catching up on your thread, first of all, excellent work on the Thumper, first class modelling.

Now, I do really like your Warflats but even more so, the vehicles! Good old service issue Land Rovers!

I look forward to seeing photos of them in service behind some suitable traction!

Hi Alex

Thanks very much for your comments, if you are 'in the know' should the Land Rovers have the spare on the bonnet do you know? They have been repainted from standard Oxford models but don't have the spare and I was thinking of getting another to use it's wheels.