Temeraire

• RMweb Gold

To add to the information, different coloured strops were used for different sized vehicles. I used microstrip on Cottleston's Scimitars and then got muddled and painted them orange when they should have been red. The vehicles are chocked as well.

Someone needs to tell EWS, are these orange and red or weathered?  ;) I've got several more photos with Scimitars and Spartans tied with what look to be orange straps, they are off the net but not mine so I can't post here.

https://pgmodels.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/06a.jpg

Ian, I've emailed you the relevant pics ;)

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

To add to the information, different coloured strops were used for different sized vehicles. I used microstrip on Cottleston's Scimitars and then got muddled and painted them orange when they should have been red. The vehicles are chocked as well.

If you need some more information about military Land Rovers from the 1990s, try the ex military land rover association website. They have information about markings, camouflage and types of Rovers.

Cheers,

Ben.

To add a little more, chains were still in use occasionally by the military in the 90's though, although I'm not sure how much in the UK as my experiences then were Germany based.  "Fond" memories of chock and chaining our 43's at Hohne.

• RMweb Premium

Morning gents

Another show completed with Tidworth this past weekend and as usual the camera was in the car but never used! Big thank you to the Uckfield club whose hospitality was second to none that we've experienced so far, and also thanks to this weekend's operating crew of Stu, Mike and Paul plus Gary for his assistance on Sunday, I hope you all enjoyed the show as much as me.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian,

Thanks again for arranging the meet up with the lads. It was a great day,  the layouts looks superb. Hope all went well at the exhibition.

A few pics from the day.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete

Thanks mate, hope the trip home was okay it was great to see you again and the show was good thanks. Look forward to catching up again in a couple of years.

• RMweb Gold

Morning gents

Another show completed with Tidworth this past weekend and as usual the camera was in the car but never used! Big thank you to the Uckfield club whose hospitality was second to none that we've experienced so far, and also thanks to this weekend's operating crew of Stu, Mike and Paul plus Gary for his assistance on Sunday, I hope you all enjoyed the show as much as me.

I'll second this. Great little exhibition and brilliant hospitality!

I had a great time running the wrong trains up the wrong sidings and creating chaos all weekend, with great company too!

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Morning gents

Hi Ian,

Was a good show and I thoroughly enjoyed playing with Tidworth. I got some pictures on my phone will post them once I have sorted through them, most likely tomorrow as I will be at the club for the show de-brief this evening.

Gary

• RMweb Gold

Well I managed to leave work early today and have managed to get my pictures sorted. Ian if you want the full res versions let me know and I'll send them to you, there is also a few extra images amongst them that I didn't think were much good.

Tidworth at Uckfield 2016

tidworth1.jpg

tidworth2.jpg

tidworth3.jpg

tidworth4.jpg

tidworth5.jpg

tidworth6.jpg

tidworth7.jpg

tidworth8.jpg

tidworth9.jpg

If anyone wants to see the rest of the layouts they can be seen on my thread here

Gary

• Like 14

Had a great time helping out on Tidworth with Ian, Mike, Paul and Gary at the weekend.

Looking forward to the next one I can make. Great laughs , endless cups of tea, hot lunches and pub meal with a few beers.

Cracking weekend, cheers all.

Stu.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Evening all

Nothing new to report I'm afraid with all the model stuff packed away for our long awaited house move in early November, but Adrian has posted some pics of the layout on his Uckfield Ex review.

http://www.uckfieldmrc.co.uk/exhib16/tidworth.html

Good luck mate. Hope it all goes well

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Morning all

Well at long last we have had notification that our house purchase is completed and Tidworth and Exford Park have a new home! As of Monday though I will lose internet for a month (thanks Sky & BT Openreach!). So unless you catch up with the gang at the Millbrook show in two weeks time I'll see you on the other side in December I guess.

Tomorrow six of us are having an RMwebbers day out on the 'Andover Fist' railtour visiting branches around this area including Ludgershall so almost Tidworth, we're in coach J if you're on it too.

• Like 3