Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Ah, off New Drove Road ( or Astor Crescent as some of it became) next to the sports ground, my Great Grandmother moved to one of the bungalows there by the railway, after my Great Grandfather Died and Highfield house became too much for her.

I used to deliver leaflets up Astor Crescent  (along with most of the village) taking a short cut across the railway,  for Fosters supermarket (now the bike shop).

OH **** that was 46 years ago.....

Edited by TheQ

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

Mr Openreach finally connected us to the outside world this Tuesday so I can now catch up fully with whats been going on around here. Also today Tidworth had its first outing of the year having been stored since the Millbrook show in November. So just a quick thanks to the Astolat team for the show in Guildford and Kevin, Jamie and Phil for their assistance with operating the layout successfully despite the 'springy' floor moving the traverser when you least expected it!

One or two bits and pieces to deal with this week before the Southampton show next weekend in Eastleigh.

• Like 6

Evening all

Mr Openreach finally connected us to the outside world this Tuesday so I can now catch up fully with whats been going on around here. Also today Tidworth had its first outing of the year having been stored since the Millbrook show in November. So just a quick thanks to the Astolat team for the show in Guildford and Kevin, Jamie and Phil for their assistance with operating the layout successfully despite the 'springy' floor moving the traverser when you least expected it!

One or two bits and pieces to deal with this week before the Southampton show next weekend in Eastleigh.

Many of you think BT are bad, You should try Orange here.....

Anyway, nice layout, almost good. :jester: 

• RMweb Gold

Evening all

Well I'm back, dried out, fed and watered after a very enjoyable weekend at the excellent Southampton Exhibition apart from the loading up in the torrential rain! A big thank you to the Southampton club for their hospitality over the weekend and to my fellow operators Scott, Stuart, Mike, Chris and Phil for their assistance, I hope you had fun too.

The show was very busy particularly on Saturday and Tidworth appeared well received, so much so that potential invites were received for Bracknell, Beaconsfield, Andover, Fareham, DEMU, Stafford, Poole and Newcastle that I remember, but I've never given out so many fact sheets at one show!

For a change I actually took a few pics myself.

attachicon.gif1_ViewWest_290117.jpg

attachicon.gif2_Yardview_290117.jpg

attachicon.gif3_290117.jpg

attachicon.gif4_47482_290117.jpg

attachicon.gif5_205_290117.jpg

There's a few jobs on the layout to be done before the show WimRail 2017 in Wimborne March 18-19th.

Was a pleasure helping out Ian.....and I didn't crash any trains.....I left that to you ;-)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yes I enjoyed the Saturday operating session, thanks.

Paul we were talking about making it into a roundy roudy! 

You mean the projected link but never built, from MSWJR Tidworth branch to LSWR Bulford Branch (about 7 Miles)?

Then back via the LSWR to Andover, then MSWJR to Ludgershall and the Tidworth Branch..

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Premium

Glad the Show went well Ian, I really really do need to get to a Show where it's appearing some time. I'm considering some NSE for Bristol Victoria soon.

Thanks Andy, as I said looks like we may be coming to DEMU and Stafford soon(ish).

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good to see you and the layout again Ian, some motivation to get Portland up to the exhibitable standard of yours before October !

Hi Rich I think your layout is looking good already mate you'll have no worries for October, plenty of time! Don't suppose you fancy some exhibition practice do you, I could do with a bit of help at Wimborne if you're free?

Evening all

Well I'm back, dried out, fed and watered after a very enjoyable weekend at the excellent Southampton Exhibition apart from the loading up in the torrential rain! A big thank you to the Southampton club for their hospitality over the weekend and to my fellow operators Scott, Stuart, Mike, Chris and Phil for their assistance, I hope you had fun too.

The show was very busy particularly on Saturday and Tidworth appeared well received, so much so that potential invites were received for Bracknell, Beaconsfield, Andover, Fareham, DEMU, Stafford, Poole and Newcastle that I remember, but I've never given out so many fact sheets at one show!

For a change I actually took a few pics myself.

attachicon.gif1_ViewWest_290117.jpg

attachicon.gif2_Yardview_290117.jpg

attachicon.gif3_290117.jpg

attachicon.gif4_47482_290117.jpg

attachicon.gif5_205_290117.jpg

There's a few jobs on the layout to be done before WimRail 2017 in Wimborne March 18-19th.

Hi Ian,

Looks like you had a good show. The layout is looking great too. 

Hope you have settled into the new house ok. 

Cheers Peter.