Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Hi Wayne

You’re right it was supposed to be at Taunton but I had to pull it as Mike double booked us with Oak Road and we couldn’t crew both unfortunately, and I blinked first! I’ll be there tomorrow with some of the Tidworth stock to run 90s trains through Oak Road though and Tidworth is due to appear in 2020 now.

Edited by Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Just found this thread, amazing. Actually worked trains to Ludgershall and had the odd run to  Tidworth, usually on this little beastie back in 91

Err the old Tidworth Line opened 1901, closed in 1963, So I'm assuming you mean the 13th (Central) Vehicle Depot Ludgershall, which  used a few hundred yards of the Tidworth line before branching off and crossing the A3026 Tidworth road into the Depot.

Edited by TheQ
  • Informative/Useful 1

Err the old Tidworth Line opened 1901, closed in 1963, So I'm assuming you mean the 13th (Central) Vehicle Depot Ludgershall, which  used a few hundred yards of the Tidworth line before branching off and crossing the A3026 Tidworth road into the Depot.

yes the vehicle depot at Ludgershall but it was known as the Tidworth to the army

rail boys and its the nearest bit of track to there!

• RMweb Premium

yes the vehicle depot at Ludgershall but it was known as the Tidworth to the army

rail boys and its the nearest bit of track to there!

Well typical of the Army to be lost, it's definately in Ludgershall. Although to the MSWJR /GWR /BR that was controlled by the Perham Cabin / Box which was at the entrance to the sidings back towards overbridge Bridge 12. It's closer to Perham than Tidworth, but still in Ludgershall..

Well typical of the Army to be lost, it's definately in Ludgershall. Although to the MSWJR /GWR /BR that was controlled by the Perham Cabin / Box which was at the entrance to the sidings back towards overbridge Bridge 12. It's closer to Perham than Tidworth, but still in Ludgershall..

yes I always thought it was Pereham, seeing as I was BR and the Army track limit took over from the old Ludgershall platforms I just went with it , never wise to argue with em, besides, they made the tea in the engine shed!

• Like 1

Welcome Whoppit. That looks rather nice. Might have to find a model of it or similar just for the hell of it

Thanks, wish I took more pictures back then but it was M.O.D and they may have been worried about the russians making their own 4 wheel chain driven shunters! got a few pics of the ludgershall train at Andover in 91/92 if they are of use.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Maybe, but it’s a hardy annual that comes up for discussion on a regular basis with no outcome! We will see I guess.

Yes along with the monorail through Fisherton Tunnel and Wilton Parkway ;)

Ooh look airborne bacon :)

Large logo, scottie dog, NSE flash and an intercity mk2! 47 636 heads to Exeter, Andover April 92

Looking a bit rough there too, 636 was still seen in the south a lot being on cross country duties etc for some time despite the Scottie dogs etc.

It must have been around a year or so previously it emerged fresh from ETH conversion, I was lucky enough to have a cab ride from Reading to Poole one evening...must have been only a few days out of shops (this was prior to naming too) as you could smell the new paint and the cabs were strangely clean and devoid of masking tape!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...