Jump to content

Tidworth plus Bulford MoD Exchange Sidings- NSE circa 1990.


Temeraire
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, KDG said:

Ian I know you've put loads of work into it, but 

 

I got worried when I read this far as to what I'd missed or was wrong!!:lol:

 

4 minutes ago, KDG said:

the extension looks like it's always been there. 

 

It has you just couldn't see it! ;)

 

Many thanks for commenting.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/11/2021 at 21:07, PaulRhB said:


off and on ;) must remember the pipes on the bufferbeam too. 

 

07BE3E68-3D42-4A4E-94A7-5F0954014739.jpeg.3e49c12f2729b7705ea425ac54cc6066.jpeg
 

It’s one of Michaels, Judith Edge range, and a super kit if very fiddly for someone like me with big fingers but goes together very well indeed. 

 

Darn seeing this makes me want one for sure now for my new MOD exchange layout, what is it powered with?

 

Mark

Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Markmiller2008 said:

 

Darn seeing this makes me want one for sure now for my new MOD exchange layout, what is it powered with?

 

Mark

Custom motor bogie from Mark Clark of Locosnstuff

https://www.locosnstuff.com/Motor-Bogie-and-Chassis-kits.php

 

I sent him the dimensions of the chassis and running plate opening and it cost about £75 so more than the spud it was designed for but a much better bogie. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Custom motor bogie from Mark Clark of Locosnstuff

https://www.locosnstuff.com/Motor-Bogie-and-Chassis-kits.php

 

I sent him the dimensions of the chassis and running plate opening and it cost about £75 so more than the spud it was designed for but a much better bogie. 

That's great, spuds and beetles are hard to get hold of so might be worth the extra cost.

 

Mark

Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Markmiller2008 said:

That's great, spuds and beetles are hard to get hold of so might be worth the extra cost.

 

Mark

This is it, all I did was add the 4 pin socket so the decoder and body can be detached from the chassis. 
 

D6C3C521-CAA8-46F8-94A5-9AD7478BD2D7.jpeg.c74c5fef87ff9c53d746774953412184.jpeg

  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Only just found this thread after seeing the layout at the Tolworth show yesterday (I was the guy you blamed the derailed 47 on as I was videoing it on my phone at the time :lol:

 

Great layout ( it got my vote for the cup!) and really enjoyed watching it for some time as was my era - I will go back to the start of the thread and have a read through now :good:

 

Pete

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...