Temeraire

• 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Evening all

Well its been 4 months since Tidworth's last appearance here after the Tolworth show where quite a bit of interest was shown in the layout for other shows, but disappointingly only the Tonbridge show for 2023 has materialised so far. However, the layout has been invited to the Newbury show 29th October this year via a friend's contact, so that looks to be the next appearance.

Despite no imminent shows I've continued to add further details to the extension and I reckon I can call it finished now! I also changed the cross board connector with a more reliable one as well.

3_barbedwire_220314.jpg.5a779ced86a4ea3a5b9d7e1eff9eff81.jpg

Finally I've got around to adding the barbed wire atop the MoD fencing as intended.

2_Rodding_220314.jpg.c69407257a0d54e8c5ee2ec9d4a94955.jpg

Also with much bad language I've added point rodding from the ground frame. I'm sure it is no way accurate but it gives the right impression!

1_Walkers_220314.jpg.0a83cabfbca500772ed4926ebbf0ed99.jpg

Finally some figures including dogs,  have been added to give it a bit of life.

Now that I'm happy its finished, the extension board will be packed away in storage until later in the year. I will now concentrate on the shed layout this year now the weather is becoming more pleasant, but not before this weekend's visit to Ally Pally where you'll find me at the controls of Mr Buick's Oak Road layout.

So, It will be in a safe pair of hands then Ian. :laugh::good:

13 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Evening all

Well its been 4 months since Tidworth's last appearance here after the Tolworth show where quite a bit of interest was shown in the layout for other shows, but disappointingly only the Tonbridge show for 2023 has materialised so far. However, the layout has been invited to the Newbury show 29th October this year via a friend's contact, so that looks to be the next appearance.

Despite no imminent shows I've continued to add further details to the extension and I reckon I can call it finished now! I also changed the cross board connector with a more reliable one as well.

3_barbedwire_220314.jpg.5a779ced86a4ea3a5b9d7e1eff9eff81.jpg

Finally I've got around to adding the barbed wire atop the MoD fencing as intended.

2_Rodding_220314.jpg.c69407257a0d54e8c5ee2ec9d4a94955.jpg

Also with much bad language I've added point rodding from the ground frame. I'm sure it is no way accurate but it gives the right impression!

1_Walkers_220314.jpg.0a83cabfbca500772ed4926ebbf0ed99.jpg

Finally some figures including dogs,  have been added to give it a bit of life.

Now that I'm happy its finished, the extension board will be packed away in storage until later in the year. I will now concentrate on the shed layout this year now the weather is becoming more pleasant, but not before this weekend's visit to Ally Pally where you'll find me at the controls of Mr Buick's Oak Road layout.

Hi Ian.

I had the same invites at Tolworth and only got a reply from Tonbridge. The extra bit of work you have done is looking great. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, RAY NORWOOD said:

Hi Ian.

I had the same invites at Tolworth and only got a reply from Tonbridge. The extra bit of work you have done is looking great. 

Thanks Ray I hope you’re well. Yes a bit disappointing about the others but you never know.

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Morning everyone

After radio silence here for 6 months now 😲 just thought I'd drop in to remind you that Tidworth will be making its first and only exhibition appearance this year in 5 weeks time Saturday October 29th, at the Newbury Exhibition at ST. BARTHOLOMEWS SCHOOL, BUCKINGHAM ROAD, NEWBURY RG14 6JP. Open 10.00 - 16.30.

Also as you can see in my signature, Tidworth is due to be in print again, this time ModelRail magazine available from October 27th.

• Like 15

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

just a bump for the exhibition in Newbury in ten days' time! Spent some time this weekend wheel cleaning locos and gluing bits back onto various bits of rolling stock in preparation and packing into the transit boxes.

Last night I reinstated as many of my photos that I can find to the thread as the ‘system’ doesn’t seem to be doing it very quickly, so from page 30 so far, all my pics are there.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Round of applause 1

• Tempfix

Hi Ian

I know how you feel - I'm just prepping bits for Taunton. Much wheel cleaning on the list for tonight. I wasn't sure whether there were any more updates to photos to be honest - some were just a link that wasn't there, others were the photo name in a grey rectangle, others were photo shaped grey rectangles that seem to just rhythmically pulse but not appear. Figured it would be easier to do it myself in the end. Thanks on behalf of anyone reading - always better to go back and be inspired.

Good luck with it.

Rich

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Just a quick post to say I have now completed the reinstating of all my pics that I could find, (still a few holes) to the thread. All being well the system will eventually fill in the blanks.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

If you bring your copy of the mag on Saturday I'll be doing signings at lunchtime! 🤣🤣🤣

If you bring crayons the rest of the operating team will colour it in too 😉

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Iron Horse said:

Nice one Ian, well done, not seen the extension yet but looking forward to it one day. Hope you're well 😀

Thanks Adrian I'm pretty pleased with the article, especially the pics. If ever you're down this way let me know as you'd be welcome to visit to 'play' with Tidworth and the shed layout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Temeraire said:

Thanks Adrian I'm pretty pleased with the article, especially the pics. If ever you're down this way let me know as you'd be welcome to visit to 'play' with Tidworth and the shed layout.

That's a lovely gesture Ian, very kind of you 😀

Quite frustrating really being an Oxford lad and living in the North West 🤣 when there seems to be so many of you all down there now!!!!! Still if I'm ever visiting family I'll more than bear you offer in mind, thanks

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

Hopefully I will get to see Tidworth at a show some time soon. 

Thanks Bill but Saturday's visit to Newbury is as close to Worcestershire we'll get for the foreseeable future! Three shows in the first half of next year but all further South.

2 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Thanks Bill but Saturday's visit to Newbury is as close to Worcestershire we'll get for the foreseeable future! Three shows in the first half of next year but all further South.

I did try and justify a trip to Newbury but everything has conspired against me. I’m sure we will catch up at some point. What are the 3 shows you are going to in the first half of next year?