The London Festival of Railway Modelling 2014 - March 22/23

BRMExhibitions

The booking site has run out of puff: can someone put some more coal on the fire?

I got several

Oops! We couldn’t find the page you are looking for.

Please use the navigation above to find your destination.

and then finally after several minutes of silence....not even a hiss from the engine.......I finally got a confirmation whistle.

So, £11 if you pay on the day.  Getting a bit pricey in my book.

Terry

Eleven quid for all day entertainment if you wish it? Seen the price of tickets for any sports or music event recently? This isn't some village hall type show (not getting at village hall types shows because a lot of them are very good), this is a major exhibition with 40+ layouits and 100 traders, plus demonstrations. And free parking. Now that works out to quite a lot less than 10p per stand.

We have to face up to spiraling costs and economics.

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Georgemas Jct will be there representing the entry level modelling fraternity.

Cheers

George

Don't worry George, I believe Nobby is there to look after you and when he's not, he's coming round to re-familiarise himself with New Bryford.....................

Cheers,

Mick

I will be going again this year and quite a bit of my entry money will be offset against the savings in postal costs from picking up an order from C&L.If I buy anything else even more savings in postal costs will be made.

I find the show a bit big though, I will take a couple of elderly friends with me so wont stay there all day. But there is just too much to take in when I am walking around with my friends. The wide isles are very good and I think along with Railex and Expo EM in Aylesbury this must be one of the best venues for the paying public from a viewing perspective.

As for costs, well there are a lot of layouts to pay for and I guess the venue is not the cheapest to hire. Against local shows it is dearer but at £'s per layout may be much better value

Not looked at either the layouts or the traders for this year, may look at the latter but want to be surprised by the former

I don't think £11 on the door is too excessive, it's a fantastic show with plenty for modellers of all scales but is even better value if you pre-order tickets which my friends and I do every year.

To give an idea of value, I was asked if I wanted to go to Photography 2014 at the NEC but bottled it when I saw the costs - ticket price is £15 on the door or prebooked, show guide is an additional £5 and then if you want to hear the guest speakers up on the "super stage" it's another £10 PER SESSION ! ! ! !

Some workshops are priced at up to £35 each too which can make for a very expensive day out.

Catering costs at the NEC are astronomical in comparison to Ally Pally as well so I saved my precious pennies to spurge in London.

• RMweb Premium

The LTM Acton Depot open day the weekend before is Charging £10 (£8 concessions) but this entitles you to take kids for free, I don't think £11 is too excessive. As much as I would like to attend I regret that I don't think that I will be able to this year.

There seems to be an error in the list of layouts.  Is not Colinton P4 rather than N?

More serious, perhaps, is the apparent complete absence of EM layouts.

Nevertheless I have ordered an advance ticket - force of habit, maybe.

Chris.

we are there with Angelbank which is EM, I think it was a last minute decision which is why its not on the list.

Considering this is the only really big exhibition south of Coventry , held in the most populous region of the country, it's surprising how low profile this thread is  (And has been in previous years. This has always been a show that has been rather reticent and frightened of promoting itself)

I should be going on both days and am looking forward to it. Last year's selection of layouts was pretty strong  - this year's list has some interesting items (VicRail in N is certainly new ground for me - though I can't help wishing Australian outline layouts would include a NSWGR  one at some point ) . It's one of the better venues in terms of ambience - the light is vastly better than Warley , especially if we get a sunny day , and the catering is much better than the NEC (Admittedly the school canteen when I was young was much better than the NEC - and a great deal cheaper)

It's also worth pointing out that parking is free, and there's quite a lot of it.   

With only two weeks to go, preparation for the London Festival of British Railway Modelling is steaming ahead!

The BRM Village will be making a triumphant return with much for visitors to see and do...

The latest issue (April) will be available to purchase in the Great Hall, or even better, take advantage of our special ‘show only’ subscription offer. Subscribe at the show for just £9.99 by quarterly direct debit and you’ll walk away with a scenery-based goodie bag worth over £50.

Also at the stand, look out Phil Parker’s project layout ‘Edgeworth’, as featured in the magazine, as well as some great special offers on books and DVDs, including the brand new Ramsay’s Guide to Model Trains Catalogue 8th Edition!

Meet the BRM boys; find out some great modelling tips, and watch their demonstrations at the Model Railways Live Theatre, where regular talks and seminars are taking place.

Booking is still open but be sure to purchase your advanced, discounted tickets online before the 14th March.

CLICK HERE TO BOOK

There is only one week left to book your ticket for The London Festival of British Railway Modelling!

Why book online...

• Save £1.00 with our exclusive web only offer. Click here to book now.
  • Enter the show 30mins early - beat the queues and get prime position in front of a favourite layout or bag the bargains before they sell out.
  • Claim your free 32 page showguide, with must-read layout information and a comprehensive list of exhibitors (this will be offered at the event costing £1.00).

CLICK HERE TO BOOK

There is only one week left to book your ticket for The London Festival of British Railway Modelling!

Why book online...

• Save £1.00 with our exclusive web only offer. Click here to book now.
  • Enter the show 30mins early - beat the queues and get prime position in front of a favourite layout or bag the bargains before they sell out.
  • Claim your free 32 page showguide, with must-read layout information and a comprehensive list of exhibitors (this will be offered at the event costing £1.00).

CLICK HERE TO BOOK

Hi,

I ordered a ticket this morning, how do I go about claiming the free show guide?

Regards,

Matt

• Administrators

Hi all,

Here's the subscription offer we'll be running throughout the exhibition.

Subscribe for just £9.99 by quarterly direct debit and you will walk away with:

Static Grass Starter Kit

25 x Assorted Trees

The Scenery Handbook by Peter Marriott

Scenic Modelling DVD

The gift package is worth over £50! Visit the BRM stand for more details.

post-14186-0-15025700-1394538868_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hi all,

Here's the subscription offer we'll be running throughout the exhibition.

Subscribe for just £9.99 by quarterly direct debit and you will walk away with:

Static Grass Starter Kit

25 x Assorted Trees

The Scenery Handbook by Peter Marriott

Scenic Modelling DVD

The gift package is worth over £50! Visit the BRM stand for more details.

post-14186-0-22163000-1394538938_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I ordered a ticket this morning, how do I go about claiming the free show guide?

Regards,

Matt

I wondered that too... it wasn't an offer when I booked my tickets; I've now got my tickets but there was no guide with them, before someone suggests that.

Archived