Hornby's Best Ever Models

robmcg

Oh dear, time to break RMWeb... :jester:  :jester: .

(Just a dirty dozen of them)

attachicon.gif4257_lhfan.jpg,  attachicon.gif5241_rhfan.jpg,  attachicon.gif7248_lhran.jpg,  attachicon.gif4214_rh.jpg,  attachicon.gif5217_lhfan.jpg,  attachicon.gif7236_rh.jpg

attachicon.gif5254_lhfan.jpg,  attachicon.gif4241_rh.jpg,  attachicon.gif5235_lhran.jpg,  attachicon.gif4241_rh.jpg,  attachicon.gif7222_lhfan.jpg,  attachicon.gif4254_rh.jpg

I've just come over all faint, "Nurse, Nurse. . . ."

Edited by steaming_chris

Re Last few posts:

Flux capacitor, ah, if I still had one now...

Grey and rust, definitely everyday livery for 1960s, plus a thick coating of soot although there were the  odd ex works shiny loco or actually cleaned ones, with worn paint....

Spit looks great, will it get any weathering in that scale?  (Sand blasted/oil stained  paint perhaps, plus cordite streaks from the gun barrels!)

Edited by railroadbill
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Some see the Western Region through rose-tinted specs

Some through grime-tinted ones.

We just call him toboldlygo!

(btw, he missed the grime/rust on the lamps...)

Actually he didn't - the lamps are dirty, it's just the way that the camera over exposes them :P

(and my glasses are kept very clean)

• RMweb Gold

The final part of the Spitfire's build is now up:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/135/entry-20536-yet-another-big-build-airfix-124th-scale-supermarine-spitfire-mk-vb-tropical-part-4/

And a preview of what is to come...

post-7000-0-77754300-1519499710_thumb.jpg

(The real plane, I actually had the privilege to sit in, back in 2000)

• Like 4

A note of  apology from me. I have been taken by an irrational desire to illustrate Peppercorn Pacifics and occasionally Ivatt Atlantics.

such as....

post-7929-0-14065300-1519507213_thumb.jpg

I do observe a darker shade of BR green from blue boxes than I am used to too...

post-7929-0-66034800-1519507331_thumb.jpg

pictures of Hornby's best models will resume at some point in the future,   like this...

post-7929-0-84224600-1519507471_thumb.jpg

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 4

Lovely stuff, Robin, but we cannot have too much Swindon around here, the MiM you know...  there are rumours of stern measures in store for those who err, and stray from the True Path...

For myself, I can feel a Blue Period coming on. Perhaps in anticipation of the blue Merchant Navy promised by Hornby for later this year, here is a blue box, BR blue engine...

post-7929-0-96338900-1519619094_thumb.jpg

Relevance to Hornby is slight. The first Bachmann A1s were made the same year as the much-vaunted Hornby rebuilt MN., 2001... that's about as far as I can go on that futile attempt as thread integrity.  :)

fwiw I just bought the A1 from Hattons at £108   which me being in NZ was about £90...  lovely. and it's from the ad picture I made the shed scene

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 1

Didn't I tell you I was in a Blue Period?

post-7929-0-62710200-1519620970_thumb.jpg

Pablo's lasted for months or years, mine lasts about a week.  There is no effective medication but early BR pale green. Or so I am told.

Some have tried heavy weathering, but the side-effects of such drastic action are unknown. 

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 1

Hornby's Duchess for 2017 winner of the BRMA 00 steam best model award by a smidgeon over 17% of the vote, the Merchant Navy got a tad under 17%.

So it may not be be best ever but it is certainly impressive here in a pic based on Andy Y's photo of the review model (which had a number of faults).

The model in Andy's review had the broken lug in the front of the body and it sits too high at the front in his photo, here it is fixed by editing and with one or two other production faults fixed, drooping rear truck, and a few other bits and pieces fixed, but essentially how the model looks, which is fantastic.

No wonder Hornby are doing another production run!

post-7929-0-58226400-1519680824_thumb.jpg

Grateful acknowledgements to Andy Y    will remove if required.

cheers

Edited by robmcg
  • Like 2

Didn't I tell you I was in a Blue Period?

attachicon.gifA3_60052_at_speed_Post_War_GC_3a_r1200.jpg

Just having an Express blue Myself binge myself, I just picked up a 60052 from a Master Cutler Set, so the new picture is timely.

Am now currently on the Hunt for an Express Blue Scotsman (from the Marks and Spencer set)

I already have a couple of A4's in the same colour and a Peppercorn A1.

The new Blue MN looks smashing, I think it will be a hit.

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 1